Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Apr 20, '11, 4:27 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Angelica Zambrano's testimony of heaven and hell experience.

Does anyone of you in here heard about Ms. Angelica Zambrano's story about her 23-hour death and experience in talking to God in heaven? and experienced to see hell where she was told:

"...One of the greatest experiences that my daughter had was when she saw many entertainers in hell, including dancers, and also Pope John Paul II"

what would be your reaction to this?

here's the link.

Angelica Zambrano - Dead For 23hours, Taken To Heaven & Hell, Sent Back With A Message
Old Apr 20, '11, 4:52 am

Religion: catholic
Default Re: Angelica Zambrano's testimony of heaven and hell experience.

Insanity, first comes to mind followed by Satan holding her hand whilst in her trance.
Old Apr 20, '11, 5:24 am

Obviously a false vision. The name Jehovah in itself is wrong, it should be Yahweh.

She claimed she saw "streets of gold." There's no streets of gold in Heaven. See Revelation, it's singular "street," a symbolism of One Church of God.

She also said Jesus was "crying" in Heaven. Well, there's no tears in Heaven, right?
Old Apr 20, '11, 6:06 am

It is odd that God would refer to himself as Jehovah since if I am not mistaken the name is translation/typo error from a monk who was copying the bible...

This sounds like a modgepodge of Catholic saint stories (which are probably very well known in her country) mixed with whatever brand of Protestanism this girl has been indoctrinated with. Not saying she is lying, but rather that her experience was based on environmental factors in her life. Private revelation is a tricky thing... her being protestant I have no idea how they handle it being accepted. Also, I am guessing her evangelical church doesn't practice infant baptism, which makes the idea of an 8 year old being in hell a bit of a theological condundrum if her church (like many non-denom) subsribes to baptism at the age of reason around 12 or 13.

I am also a little concerned that she fell into a coma but was not taken to the hospital from what I can make of this story. "My Daughter was dead for 23 hours, but I did not notify the authorities. I prayed, "Lord, I will wait for 24 hours. If my daughter is not back in 24 hours, I will call a doctor." I mean I kind of think her parents should be arrested.

Without God we are a mystery to ourselves and monsters to one another

We're here to bring you back to the one true faith: the Western Branch of American Reform Presby-Lutheranism."
- Rev. Lovejoy, the Simpsons
Old Apr 20, '11, 6:11 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic no adjectives

Quote:
Originally Posted by flewen View Post
Does anyone of you in here heard about Ms. Angelica Zambrano's story about her 23-hour death and experience in talking to God in heaven? and experienced to see hell where she was told:

"
I never heard of her but if she claims to have a vision or revelation or apparition of a supernatural nature, claims that it has a message for the Church, and it has not been approved by the Church, it is either a deliberate lie, an experience under demonic influence, or a mere psychological phenomenon. Since even the Catholic Church who has authority from Christ to canonize saints, cannot and will not declare anyone is in hell it takes a lot of chutzpah for a lay person to do so.
Old Apr 20, '11, 6:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzleannie View Post
I never heard of her but if she claims to have a vision or revelation or apparition of a supernatural nature, claims that it has a message for the Church, and it has not been approved by the Church, it is either a deliberate lie, an experience under demonic influence, or a mere psychological phenomenon. Since even the Catholic Church who has authority from Christ to canonize saints, cannot and will not declare anyone is in hell it takes a lot of chutzpah for a lay person to do so.
Yeah - the Church has never declared anyone in hell - not even Judas. Funny that everyone she saw was either family or really famous and might be "fresh" in her mind. Sort of like when people have a "past life regression" and they always experience themselves as having been royalty or a soilder in a famous, well-known battle. Nobody is ever a side walk sweeper, ya know? Well this girl didn't name anyone outside of her immediate circle of knowledge or report seeing anyone she woudln't be able to recall from being popular in the media.

Best case scenario, imagination or mental illness. Worst case, the deceit of Satan. What can I say, Satan is good. Hopefully people who live around her won't be persuaded away from the Church because of this.

Without God we are a mystery to ourselves and monsters to one another

We're here to bring you back to the one true faith: the Western Branch of American Reform Presby-Lutheranism."
- Rev. Lovejoy, the Simpsons
Old Apr 20, '11, 6:53 am
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

This vision makes zero sense on any level. It is the work of a hysteric at best, a false visionary at worst. To me, it is not even worth pointing out all the theological errors in her story- there are too many. It's best to dismiss this nonsense and stick to the Faith as revealed in the bible and the holy Church.

+ Saint Hilary of Poitiers, Doctor of the Church
Old Apr 20, '11, 7:10 am
Banned

Religion: ☦ Orthodox Christian ☦

Evangelical propaganda, what else?
Old Apr 20, '11, 7:24 am

Not what I would think of Heaven, Jesus and all.
Old Apr 20, '11, 7:28 am
Prayer Warrior

I've read this before, and the first time I read it, it actually really made me question my faith..because of what it said about Pope John Paul II, and Mary not being able to hear our prayers, etc. Also I couldn't figure it out, Jesus said that He is the only way to Heaven and no Saint can save us, but the Catholic teaching IS that Jesus is the only Saviour. So I was confused about that.

However, later on I started reading more books by the Saints, and their experiences are exactly opposite.. they always said that we should have a devotion to Mary, etc. And Jesus told MANY Saints about the importance of devotion to her such as St Faustina, Sr Josefa Menendez, etc. Then there are Saints like St Padre Pio, St Dominic, St Louis de Montfort, St Therese, who all spoke about Mary too...

In the end, it's one person's testimony over the testimony of dozens of Saints who lived holy lives, were close to Jesus, knew Him, saw Him, etc.

"I know but one thing now - to love Thee, O Jesus!" St Therese
Old Apr 20, '11, 9:32 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Cool Re: Angelica Zambrano's testimony of heaven and hell experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsy View Post
Obviously a false vision. The name Jehovah in itself is wrong, it should be Yahweh.

She claimed she saw "streets of gold." There's no streets of gold in Heaven. See Revelation, it's singular "street," a symbolism of One Church of God.

She also said Jesus was "crying" in Heaven. Well, there's no tears in Heaven, right?[/
Right! According to Eric Clapton's vision.

"Behold your mother."
Old Apr 21, '11, 12:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flewen View Post

"...One of the greatest experiences that my daughter had was when she saw many entertainers in hell, including dancers, and also Pope John Paul II"

what would be your reaction to this?

here's the link.

Angelica Zambrano - Dead For 23hours, Taken To Heaven & Hell, Sent Back With A Message
That's great for her, now let's move along and worry about real issues.
Old Apr 21, '11, 3:22 pm

Quote:
It's just a variation on spelling. I think the original translation into our alphabet was simply YHWH- there were no vowels given, andconsidering pronunciation variations between English and German (German J's sound like English Y's, and German W's sound like English V's, it is easy to see how that variation could come about. It's neither right nor wrong.

She said John Paul II was in hell- considering he's about to be beatified, I don't think that vision is accurate.

A nation that kills its own children is a nation without a future.- Pope John Paul II.
Old Apr 24, '11, 10:18 pm
Forum Elder
Book Club Member

Quote:

She also said Jesus was "crying" in Heaven. Well, there's no tears in Heaven, right?
In Rv, it states that "HE will wipe all tears from their eyes." Obviously there must be tears if that is to take place.

He is risen, ICXC NIKA
Old May 5, '11, 7:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by m134e5 View Post
It's just a variation on spelling. I think the original translation into our alphabet was simply YHWH- there were no vowels given, andconsidering pronunciation variations between English and German (German J's sound like English Y's, and German W's sound like English V's, it is easy to see how that variation could come about. It's neither right nor wrong.

She said John Paul II was in hell- considering he's about to be beatified, I don't think that vision is accurate.
Even though the Tetragrammaton appeared in the Latin texts as JHVH, the equivalent is YHWH in pronunciation. Why would Jesus, in Angelica Zambrano’s testimony, use “J”ehovah to a Latina, whose “J” is pronounced as “H” when Jesus can simply say I am Yahweh, where “Y” in the Spanish language is pronounced as such?

Her vision is obviously impressed upon her by her Presbyterian pastor. She IMAGINED and IMAGINED; ASKED AND ASKED for a gift of vision, AND did RECEIVE, but from whom?....The danger of asking and seeking this heavenly visions is that it may serve as a portal or gateway for evil spirits to infiltrate.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics