Catholic FAQ

We were unable to reach our goal for the summer but we have reached 98%
Please consider donating if you can and keep us in your prayers.

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Popular Media

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old May 30, '11, 10:19 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Why doesn't Michael Voris appear on EWTN?

At the very least, he should appear on The World Over with Raymond Arroyo. Maybe Mr. Voris could appear on The Laura Ingraham Show when Mr. Arroyo is filling in for Ms. Ingraham.
Old May 30, '11, 11:06 pm
Forum Elder

Default Re: Why doesn't Michael Voris appear on EWTN?

Have you suggested it to them?
Old May 31, '11, 12:03 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic since Easter 2012

Who is Michael Voris?
Old May 31, '11, 12:08 am
Book Club Member

He has been on the World Over. Can't remember when, but I do remember seeing him there. dje101 have a look on youtube.
Old May 31, '11, 12:26 am

Religion: Catholic

I think Voris is a powerful and bold apologist and defender of the faith. To me, he's the lay version of Father Corapi, and he's a breath of fresh air.

One reason why he might not be on EWTN is because he is very critical of Protestantism, so much so that perhaps his vast amount of media work is a bit too brazen for EWTN. EWTN certainly airs a large amount of quality apologetics programs, but none of them seem to possess the level of criticism of non-Catholic beliefs that Voris' work has.

This is just speculation on my part. There could be a number of other reasons, I'm sure. But if it was because of the criticism, I wouldn't fault EWTN for not preferring Voris' work. He certainly doesn't dip any arrows in honey, and that can repel just as many as it compels to consider Catholicism.

But atleast he's shooting arrows, many of them also aimed at the corruption inside our Church, and I'm glad he doesn't dip any of those in honey...that's been going on for far too long.

-Steve
Old May 31, '11, 3:28 am

Never heard of Michael Voris.

Does he have a Web site?
Old May 31, '11, 3:47 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGC View Post
I think Voris is a powerful and bold apologist and defender of the faith. To me, he's the lay version of Father Corapi, and he's a breath of fresh air.

One reason why he might not be on EWTN is because he is very critical of Protestantism, so much so that perhaps his vast amount of media work is a bit too brazen for EWTN. EWTN certainly airs a large amount of quality apologetics programs, but none of them seem to possess the level of criticism of non-Catholic beliefs that Voris' work has.

This is just speculation on my part. There could be a number of other reasons, I'm sure. But if it was because of the criticism, I wouldn't fault EWTN for not preferring Voris' work. He certainly doesn't dip any arrows in honey, and that can repel just as many as it compels to consider Catholicism.

But atleast he's shooting arrows, many of them also aimed at the corruption inside our Church, and I'm glad he doesn't dip any of those in honey...that's been going on for far too long.

-Steve
You have written a perceptive message, in my opinion.

All of us who are striving to serve the Lord are not perfect in every way, and need renewing in the grace of God every day. I am glad that Michael Voris is speaking out for the Church....and I pray that all of his critiques be dipped in the honey of charity! .....except when necessary!
Old May 31, '11, 3:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte RCMS View Post
Never heard of Michael Voris.

Does he have a Web site?
If you haven't found it yet, here it is:

http://realcatholictv.com/

He explains about it in a short video.
Old May 31, '11, 4:40 am

Religion: Orthodox catechumen

Fr. Corapi and Mother Angelica were at one time the ONLY reasons I watched EWTN regularly with any sort of excitement. Now, my TV is always off, collecting dust. I would like to say that having Michael Voris on the EWTN team would probably make my TV pop on again!

I do see Steve GC's point, although his warning didn't happen with me. As I was exploring Catholicism, I was repeatedly drawn to Michael Voris, and his "One True Faith" segments were very helpful. Unfortunately, I am limited to the free programs on his website at the moment because, for most of the time, I am a broke college student and for the rest of the time, I may have money, but that money is used for books so I can succeed as a broke college student.

Of all the Catholic apologists, Michael Voris certainly helped me the most during my conversion, although he was not, of course, my only dose of daily Catholicism. After him was Tim Staples and Fr. Corapi, whose voice for some reason always reminded me of Sean Connery.

I do agree that EWTN having Michael Voris would not be very wise for EWTN. For most, I imagine, softer tones are needed before the words behind the tones are listened to. So, while I personally would enjoy a Voris-EWTN companionship, I can see, like Steve before me, how that may not be exactly prudent.
Old May 31, '11, 5:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dje101 View Post
Who is Michael Voris?
www.realcatholictv.com He does apologetics vignettes (and full length videos). He also does a daily Catholic News and the Vortex "Where lies and falsehoods are trapped and exposed."

He's all about exposing the slippage in faith and formation that the Church is immersed in these days.
Old May 31, '11, 7:38 am
Forum Elder

Of course, we can only speculated as to why (and that's not usually productive). You'd have to ask either him or EWTN (or both).

The Catechesis of the Popes
The more I follow the online discussions ... the more I follow the debates and disagreements in the Church about administrative unity, or the concerns expressed about the moral or personal or administrative or leadership failings of the bishops or the clergy, the more I become convinced that whatever might be the truth of these concerns, ALL of this is simply a distraction. No, itís more than that. Itís a justification, an excuse, for not helping each other and those outside the Church fall in love with Jesus Christ. How easy it is to talk about everything, but about Jesus hardly at all.

- Fr. Gregory Jensen
Old Jun 2, '11, 6:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by feargalmac View Post
He has been on the World Over. Can't remember when, but I do remember seeing him there. dje101 have a look on youtube.
I couldn't find anything concering Michael Voris in EWTN's online audio library, so I can't independently verify whether or not he ever appeared on The World Over.
Old Jun 3, '11, 6:45 am
Banned

I would believe that it's because Michael Voris is far too "traditionalist" leaning for EWTN.

That's not to say that EWTN isn't traditional in some ways, but it appears to be largely centered on things modern (i.e. not condemning Protestantism for the heresy that it is as vehemently as Voris does). If that makes any sense..

This is my opinion.
Old Jun 7, '11, 10:20 am
Forum Supporter

Religion: Catholic Christian

I used to despise Voris. His militant approach was too much for me initially. However, I have now listened to all of the podcasts available on his website. I am still not his biggest fan, but he does have some useful information hidden within all his ranting.

As a speaker he is not terribly effective. At least, in my opinion he's not.

First, he tends to state opinions and facts that he actually isn't very good at backing up. I've listened to him on his radio show and when people call in with objections he is absolutely lousy at defending his points. I'm sorry but quoting one line of Scripture and saying over and over again: You're wrong, you're wrong... yeah. That's not good apologetics. I think this might be partly due to his disproportional passion.

Second, he is way too critical. I get tired of hearing him attacking this or that. I'd really like to hear him share MORE of what the CHURCH teaches and less about what everyone else is doing wrong.

A little passion for your faith is good but Mr. Voris needs to learn to calm himself a bit before he'll really start being effective.

He kind of makes me think of a watered down Scott Hahn. He almost has the information but it's like he doesn't have a proper grasp on it. At least not a good enough grasp to properly explain it to others. He uses the right language but can't expand it.

Anyway, I think that's probably why he hasn't been on EWTN. He's all passion but not quite enough thought at this point. He reminds me of an angry bull just charging forward and knocking all the china down on his way.

PS: I also get sick of him picking on people. It's subtle but he likes to poke fun at people all the time. I'm not a huge fan of that.
Old Jun 7, '11, 10:38 am
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickybr38 View Post
. I've listened to him on his radio show and when people call in with objections he is absolutely lousy at defending his points.
Um - Michael Voris doesn't have a radio show. So not sure who that big ol' rant is about.

~Liza
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Popular Media