Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 22, '11, 8:00 am

Religion: Conservative Catholic
Default Please pray to St Anthony for me and with me.. Stolen item

This morning my husband called from his construction site. The ZoomBoom has been stolen. This is not a cheap piece of machinery and is the only machinery that we have for the business. The Zoom Boom was finally paid off 2 months ago, and it was such a relief not to have that huge payment each month. I asked my husband if there's theft insurance on it, and his answer is "I don't know".

I'm begging for prayers that this be found and returned... I don't even care if the person is caught, just that the machine is caught.

Thank you all

St. Anthony, when you prayed, your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. Pray now for all of us who have lost things precious and dear. Pray for all who have lost faith, hope or the friendship of God. Pray for us who have lost friends or relatives by death. Pray for all who have lost peace of mind or spirit. Pray that we may be given new hope, new faith, new love. Pray that lost things, needful and helpful to us, may be returned to our keeping. Or, if we must continue in our loss, pray that we may be given Christ’s comfort and peace. Amen.
Old Jun 22, '11, 8:02 am
Forum Master
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Please pray to St Anthony for me and with me.. Stolen item

Praying that it's returned in good condition ...
"For with God nothing will be impossible! " (Luke 1:37)
Old Jun 22, '11, 9:05 am

St Anthony pray for us.
Old Jun 22, '11, 9:27 am

Religion: Catholic

I pray that your machinery will be returned to you soon. Several years ago, I had my purse stolen while vacationing in Hawaii with my sister and son. I was so worried that I would have trouble getting on the plane with only a letter from the police stating what happened. Even the police was not sure that the airport security would honor it. I attended daily Mass and prayed to St. Anthony. I also said a novena to St. Jude who is my Confirmation saint. I prayed for the perpetrator as well, though it was difficult. My husband who was home in California received a packet with the contents of my purse excluding money, gift cards and a novena card to St. Jude that I always carried with me. He happened to be home because he had fallen ill (an occurrence that rarely happens to him) on the day that the mail arrived. He was able to overnight it to me so that I receive my drivers license in time for my return flight. I know that God, through the intercession of St. Anthony and St. Jude, touched someone's heart enough to return what I felt was important at the "11th hour". I tell you this story to bring you hope that God is listening to you and is helping you as I write this. Pray for the perpetrator as well and include a novena to St. Jude, the saint of the impossible. God bless you and strengthen you during your time of need.
Old Jun 22, '11, 9:31 am

Religion: Roman Catholic - Discerning Priestly Vocation

St. Anthony, my beloved patron saint, please pray that God's will be done, and that if it is indeed in his will, may the machine be returned just as your relic was.

In Jesus Christ holy and eternally blessed name, through Mary.
Amen!

Disclaimer: The views expressed by this user are personal, and do not necessarily reflect the views of any Catholic Diocese, Diocesan institution, or Seminary.
Old Jun 22, '11, 10:35 am

Thank you for your prayers. I've dedicated a decade for the thieves, and also plan on asking the Holy Souls in Purgatory for a bit of help.

My husband called to update... the police are just coming now ( non emergency) the first report was put under vehicle theft, and was lost but the second police officer put the theft under machinery/ equipment. I hope that settles it and the report doesn't get "lost" again lol!
it seems that a neighbour saw a truck yesterday load up the equipment. Unfortunately the neighbour can't remember what was written on the truck as that person saw it just in passing and didn't feel suspicious about it.

shewahine, what a great story! It does give me hope.
St Jude! Yes... a great helper as well!

All that really matters is that these thieves some day become contrite and follow the path to Jesus, and that we submit to God's will in all this. I just pray that it ends up well I suppose.
Old Jun 22, '11, 10:40 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find ZoomBoom which has been lost.
At least restore to me peace and tranquillity of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss. To this favor, I ask another of you: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God.

Amen.
“Whenever explaining an event, we must choose from three competing modes of explanation. These are regularity, chance, and design... To attribute an event to design is to say that it cannot reasonably be referred to either regularity or chance.” - William Dembski
Old Jun 22, '11, 10:53 am

Religion: catholic

praying

asking for St Jude's and St Anthony's intercession
Old Jun 22, '11, 2:01 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Good St. Anthony, please intercede and help this couple get their machine back, even if only through their insurance. Amen.
Old Jun 22, '11, 4:48 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Old Jun 29, '11, 12:37 pm

UPDATE:

Please continue your prayers, I believe there's a miracle in the works. I'm on day 7 of a novena to St Anthony, and also for the prayers of the holy souls of purgatory and I do believe they are definitely praying for the return of the Zoom Boom

This is not a small city, and chances were that this machine would have been put away outside of the city until sold. Well, yesterday, my husband received a phonecall from a Detective who sent pictures of a ZoomBoom/Telehandler to my husband's email. This thing was parked in someone's driveway? This isn't the type of vehicle that you grab your lunchbox and go to work in, if you know what I mean.

My husband had a hard time making out whether it was his or not because there was a sticker missing, but then the picture looked like the spot where the sticker had been was much cleaner than the rest of the machine. There's also a mirror missing from my husband's machine, and guess what, the detective checked it out and yep, the mirror is missing from this one as well!

I'm almost afraid to say any more... just in case a friend of a friend of a friend might see this post... Please continue to pray for the return of our machine, our Lord is listening, especially when St Anthony, St Jude, and the Holy Souls of Purgatory are praying in our behalf as well
Old Jun 29, '11, 2:22 pm
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

St. Anthony, when you prayed, your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. Pray now for all of us who have lost things precious and dear. Pray for all who have lost faith, hope or the friendship of God. Pray for us who have lost friends or relatives by death. Pray for all who have lost peace of mind or spirit. Pray that we may be given new hope, new faith, new love. Pray that lost things, needful and helpful to us, may be returned to our keeping. Or, if we must continue in our loss, pray that we may be given Christ’s comfort and peace. Amen.

+St. Gemma
Old Jun 29, '11, 8:56 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Old Jul 6, '11, 3:08 pm

FINAL UPDATE:

Prayer of Thanksgiving Saint Anthony of Padua

Most loving protector, St. Anthony, what gift can I give you in exchange to show my heartfelt gratitude? With your continued help I will show appreciation to you by being more faithful to God, more constant in prayer, and readier to do good to those nearest me. I praise you for the esteem in. which your name is held throughout the world, for the miracles and wonders with which you have filled the Church and the world, and for the many benefits men keep receiving through your gracious help.
May these intentions convey my great thanks to the triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and to our blessed Lady, Queen of heaven and earth.
Pray the Our Father
Pray the Hail Mary
Pray the Glory Be

Thank you Holy Souls of Purgatory!!

O Lord, who art ever merciful and bounteous with Thy gifts, look down upon the suffering souls in purgatory. Remember not their offenses and negligences, but be mindful of Thy loving mercy, which is from all eternity. Cleanse them of their sins and fulfill their ardent desires that they may be made worthy to behold Thee face to face in Thy glory. May they soon be united with Thee and hear those blessed words which will call them to their heavenly home: "Come, blessed of My Father, take possession of the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen

Thank you everyone here who prayed for me!!

Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace

And last but definitely NOT least...

Thank you my Lord!

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and forever shall be, world without end, Amen

The police did a sting operation, and recovered my husband's Telehandler. He is now on his way to get it back. This is nothing short of a miracle. Like I said previously, this city is not small by any means, and the chances of it being found was at most minimal.
The events leading to the retreaval of the Boom just couldn't have happened so well and so quickly. Someone in another city was arrested because he got caught buying hot goods. My husband's machine wasn't involved in this arrest. But, the man gave information to the police in order to get leniency I suppose. He told them that he would give the name of his suppliers. It turns out one of the suppliers is the thief in our city who had just stolen my husband's machine and parked it in his driveway.
The police decided that they would pretend that they were a buyer (through the first guy) interested in a hot item... well you all get the idea of what went down, and I'm so very grateful to all those who prayed on my behalf (corporal and spiritual) Thank You!!!
Old Jul 6, '11, 3:11 pm
Veteran Member

Religion: Christian

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions