Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 5, '11, 6:47 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic
Default Prayers for those who have noone to pray for them

A young AIDS victim dissolved into tears when a kind visitor prayed for him as he lay dying in hospital. "Nobody has ever prayed for me before." he said.

Loving God there are many persons who have never known anyone to pray for them.
Each of these persons is created with a soul, and for each of them the divine Son became Incarnate, and lived, died, and rose again for them.
Father do let let Jesus' redemption of these persons be in vain.

Wherever they are in this world, please keep us faithful in prayer for their conversion and well-being.
Please make us such open instruments of prayer and witness that these souls are drawn into and imbued with Your life. Let Your light and truth and love flow though us to them.

Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, please flood them with Your love and bring them into Your presence in this life and in the next.

Mother Mary, and all Saints and Angels of heaven please pray for all who cannot or do not pray or believe, that God will bless them in all their needs, and prepare their souls to welcome His salvation, that they may claim in heaven the place intended for them by God.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Jul 5, '11, 7:09 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Prayers for those who have noone to pray for them

Lord, touch the hearts of all that are here on this forum that we will take up this call to pray for those out there that are without prayers or people to pray for them.
Keep our hearts humble as we offer our words to you for people that we do not know, for needs we do not know, but with the knowledge that You will hear us and help them if it is Your Will that be done. Lord, heal and help them as You see fit. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.
"Lord Jesus, in times of trial and temptation, be my strength and consolation. Teach me not to fear the darkness, but rather draw me to your light. For it can only be in darkness that you will become my light and in your light that I may bring the light of healing to all I meet." - George Maloney
Old Jul 5, '11, 7:21 am
Prayer Warrior

I pray for those who are in this situation
Old Jul 5, '11, 9:12 am
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic

+

Almighty Father, everlasting and glorious God, Heavenly King, holy Lord, you who willingly hears all petitions of the lost; hear, we beg you, the prayers of those who ask your help for your abandoned children. Do not let them fall into the abyss of isolation, or die in loneliness, but extend your saving mercy to all human beings, our dear brothers and sisters fighting on Earth. Immortal Patriarch of Ages, Ancient of Days, allow the forgotten to see your face and be comforted in their mourning. Bless those who are humbled by sorrow and emptiness. Have mercy on the whole world through Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, and now, and always, and in the Age of Ages. AMEN.

LORD Jesus Christ, son of the living God, have mercy on all we sinners, and have compassion on the poor in spirit. By your holy name, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, One God forever and ever. AMEN.

Oh God of Israel, God of our Fathers, have mercy on your children...

+
Old Jul 5, '11, 9:16 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Praying daily.
Old Jul 5, '11, 12:18 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Mother Mary, I ask you to intercede for the conversion/salvation of every sinner and for every one of the poor souls in purgatory, especially for those who have noone to pray for them. Amen.
Old Jul 6, '11, 7:28 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

A young AIDS victim dissolved into tears when a kind visitor prayed for him as he lay dying in hospital. "Nobody has ever prayed for me before." he said.

Each of these persons is created with a soul, and for each of them the divine Son became Incarnate, and lived, died, and rose again for them.

Wherever they are in this world, please keep us faithful in prayer for their conversion and well-being.
Please make us such open instruments of prayer and witness that these souls are drawn into and imbued with Your life. Let Your light and truth and love flow though us to them.

Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, please flood them with Your love and bring them into Your presence in this life and in the next.

Mother Mary, and all Saints and Angels of heaven please pray for all who cannot or do not pray or believe, that God will bless them in all their needs, and prepare their souls to welcome His salvation, that they may claim in heaven the place intended for them by God.
Thank You JESUS

Thank you Mother

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Jul 6, '11, 7:29 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Desire to help others

God please intercede in me all my life for other people. Accept as prayer, my desire to help others, and bless them in all our interactions. Accept as prayer for others, every breath, heartbeat and cell of my body, every thought, word and act of my life. Let all I am as child of God, be united with Your love for others. Let me become a living “amen” to all Your loving hopes and dreams for other people. This can only be realised through Your merciful love, which You reveal through Jesus in those who follow His ways.

Allow Your Spirit in me to spiritually locate the sad and abused, lonely and despairing, anywhere in any age, so that I may obtain the word or touch that decides them for life, goodness and love. I wish no person, however wretched or sinful, however lukewarm or obnoxious, to feel overlooked. Yet if only I were not such a poor instrument. Yet in this period of history, a two-dollar piece of paper with a few hopeful symbols upon it, can win even as much as twenty million dollars. Likewise let me ‘win’ Your Mercy (which each trusting soul can win) so that I may truly be able to help others. February 2002

I ask You to heal any way I fail to live with spontaneity and joy, and enhance my capacity to cheer and bless others. I ask You to heal any way I fail Your loving dream of me, and any failure to promote the fulfilment of Your dreams for anyone. I trust You to heal anyone who judges me, of the burden of their judgement, as it may pointlessly distract and irritate them. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person whom You created me to be. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person that You created me to be in order that I may bring Your love and kindness to others.
Thank You JESUS

Thank you Mother

Old Jul 6, '11, 8:33 am

AMEN - what a thoughtful prayer request.
I will be praying.
Ghandi
Old Jul 6, '11, 9:03 am
Prayer Warrior

Lord, touch the hearts of all that are here on this forum that we will take up this call to pray for those out there that are without prayers or people to pray for them.
Keep our hearts humble as we offer our words to you for people that we do not know, for needs we do not know, but with the knowledge that You will hear us and help them if it is Your Will that be done. Lord, heal and help them as You see fit. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.
"Lord Jesus, in times of trial and temptation, be my strength and consolation. Teach me not to fear the darkness, but rather draw me to your light. For it can only be in darkness that you will become my light and in your light that I may bring the light of healing to all I meet." - George Maloney
Old Jul 6, '11, 9:34 am
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic (revert)

Praying daily.
But it is our road, and we are called to travel it."

Mother Angelica

Old Jul 8, '11, 5:32 am
Prayer Warrior

Old Jul 8, '11, 6:13 am
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishie View Post

Amen.
Old Jul 8, '11, 7:05 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Reparation through suffering

God of all peoples, please receive from all ages the sufferings of the innocent and the contrite, in reparation for the sins of the guilty, and of those who do not know You!

Behold—
the bereaved and the deserted...the hopeless and the despairing…the displaced and the poverty-stricken...the injured and the physically sick...the mentally and the emotionally ill...the retarded and the incapacitated...the frustrated and the afraid...the isolated and the elderly...the addicted, the imprisoned and the persecuted. Behold those young, to old, sinned against by injustice, misunderstanding, abuse and neglect...those whose hearts this world has broken…those crushed by remorse and racked by misery and sin...those with lives empty of purpose

all persons with suffering within or with suffering imposed from an external source! Please receive their pain, grief and loneliness, their weariness, anxiety or desperation—in conjunction with the spiritual, mental and physical anguish of Your Son, as reparation for all the sins of humankind.
God, through Your love of Jesus, please bless and welcome the sufferers! Hold them gently in Your arms and comfort them. Heal them, claim them, and fill them with Your life and peace.
Please accept all the undirected suffering of those who do not know God. Receive this suffering in atonement for all offences against You and any person. Allow Your mercy, compassion and power to release humankind from bondage to sin, suffering, and death.

You grant me compassion to desire to bring their pain to Your redeeming grace. Therefore, gather their tears, those fallen and those unshed. Draw them up into yourself through the sun of divine love, to purify them as a rain of mercy to fall upon the parched souls of humankind. Thus, we may grow in Your love and the earth may be filled with life and fruitfulness pleasing to Your divine purposes.

Our God, out of all the cries and moans and tears, hidden or revealed, from earth’s beginning, please hear our prayer. Joined as one with Your Son we all cry out—“My God, my God, why have You abandoned me?” Of those who torment and those who pass by uncaring and unseeing, we say—“Father, forgive them. They know not what they do and fail to do!” With Him we then cry trustingly—“Father, into Your hands I commit my spirit!”

God, please listen to our prayer, in union with Your beloved Son whom You raised from death to everlasting glory and joy. In Him who bore all humankind’s sins, please receive all suffering, struggle and sorrow that sin has brought upon our race.

Anything separated from God is meaningless, but in God, all becomes renewed and holy. Please accept from Jesus’ hands the suffering of every person throughout time, held within His own redemptive suffering. This that the whole price of atonement is met, and harmony is restored to Creation in the eternal triumph of Your Kingdom. Thank You, God of our redemption!

I always find it so painful for those who suffer debilitating illnesses, and for their loved ones. When you know they can never get better, only worse, and often they are increasingly trapped by their illness and disabilities. I implore God to give them, and their loved ones and carers, special interior resources to find some richness in life even as their illness progresses
Thank You JESUS

Thank you Mother

Old Jul 8, '11, 7:13 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Dear Jesus I ask Your compassion and grace on those who have no one to pray for them or to witness faith or Christian love to them.

We offer our prayers for those who do not know to seek You, and those who desire to believe but cannot. Please do not leave them wandering in the wilderness, looking up at the stars crying out, "If You are there, please find me and save me, lead me to Your truth." Hear that cry within their spirits, and respond, carrying them into Your light and love.

Please lead them to know and welcome You into their lives forever.

Thank You JESUS

Thank you Mother

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions