Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 6, '11, 10:26 am
Banned

Religion: Catholic
Default Methods of Saying the Rosary - By St. Louis de Montfort

http://www.montfort.org.uk/Writings/MSR.html

What an excellent way to say the rosary.
Very fruitful.

You can print it out
May the merciful Jesus bless you

You can also get more montfort works such as True Devotion to Mary, Secrets of Mary from this site
http://www.montfort.org.uk/Writings/MontWork.html

Don't forget to make an act of consecration to Our Lady (it will change your life)
Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
I, Name, a faithless sinner-- renew and ratify today in thy hands, O Immaculate Mother, the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before.

In the presence of all the heavenly court I choose thee this day, for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to thee, as thy slave, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value of all my good actions, past, present and future; leaving to thee the entire and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of God, in time and in eternity. Amen.
Old Jul 6, '11, 10:33 am
Banned

Default Totus Tuus

http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totus_Tuus

Totus Tuus is the apostolic Motto of Pope John Paul II, it means totally yours (to mary), he read the work of St Louis de Mont
fort, true devotion to mary.

He used to want to be christocentris, but after reading Montfort's works, he realized that he cannot serve christ without including mary in it. And devotion to Mary turned out to be very christocentris. Means, centered on Christ

After reading this I decided to imitate him, I made an act of consecration to our Lady, the way I serve Christ, my master and Lord is never the same.

It changed my life totally.

Don't forget to pray the rosary three times a day, morning, noon, night.
And offer that rosary for the conversion of sinners, perserverance of the Just, and relief for souls in purgatory. This three intentions is practiced by St. Anthony Mary Claret.

How St.Anthony Mary Claret Prayed:
http://prayerguidance.blogspot.com/2...et-prayed.html

It will change your life, I imitated St.Anthony Mary Claret and the way I pray is never the same. I see the conversions of my loved ones, especially my family. Even though not to the fullest extent, but we have to be patient, like St. Monica.

After all, we want them all to be saved.

St. Padre Pio prayed the rosary 17 times a day (that's over 9 hours of prayer!)

Add also the divine mercy chaplet, three times a day. Morning, noon night. It only takes 5 minutes.

Have a divine mercy image venerated in your house.

Pray the Divine Office, 7 times a day. You can learn and get free breviary here
http://yourdivineoffice.blogspot.com/
http://divineoffice.org/

Old Jul 6, '11, 10:36 am
Banned

Default Renewal of act of consecration to Our Lady

Renewal of Act of consecration to Holy Mary, Mother of God and myself
St. Louis de Montfort
Hail, Mary, most beloved daughter of the eternal Father; hail, Mary, most admirable mother of the Son; hail, Mary, most faithful spouse of the Holy Spirit; hail, Mary, Mother most dear, Lady most lovable. Queen most powerful! Hail, Mary, my joy, my glory, my heart and soul. You are all mine through God's mercy, but I am all yours in justice. Yet I do not belong sufficiently to you, and so once again, as a slave who always belongs to his master, I give myself wholly to you, reserving nothing for myself or for others.

If you still see anything in me which is not given to you, please take it now. Make yourself completely owner of all my capabilities. Destroy in me everything that is displeasing to God. Uproot it and bring it to nothing. Implant in me all that you deem to be good; improve it and make it increase in me.

May the light of your faith dispel the darkness of my mind. May your deep humility take the place of my pride. May your heavenly contemplation put an end to the distractions of my wandering imagination. May your continuous vision of God fill my memory with his presence. May the burning love of your heart inflame the coldness of mine. May your virtues take the place of my sins. May your merits be my adornment and make up for my unworthiness before God. Finally, most dearly beloved Mother, grant, if it be possible, that I may have no other spirit but yours to know Jesus and his divine will. May I have no soul but yours to praise and glorify the Lord. May I have no heart but yours to love God purely and ardently as you love him.

I do not ask for visions or revelations, for sensible devotions or even spiritual pleasures. It is your privilege to see God clearly in perpetual light. It is your privilege to savor the delights of heaven where nothing is without sweetness. It is your privilege to triumph gloriously in heaven at the right hand of your Son without further humiliation, and to command angels, men, and demons, with readiness on their part. It is your privilege to dispose at your own choice of all the good gifts of God with no exception.Such, most holy Mary, is the excellent portion which the Lord has given you, and which will never be taken from you, and which gives me great joy. As for my portion here on earth, I wish only to have a share in yours, that is, to have simple faith without seeing or tasting, to suffer joyfully without the consolations of men, to die daily to myself without flinching, to work gallantly for you even until death without any self-interest, as the most worthless of your slaves. The only grace I beg you in your kindness to obtain for me is that every day and moment of my life I may say this threefold Amen: amen, so be it, to all you did upon earth; Amen, so be it, to all you are doing now in heaven; Amen, so be it, to all you are doing in my soul. In that way, you and you alone will fully glorify Jesus in me during all my life and my eternity.
Old Jul 6, '11, 10:39 am
Banned

Default Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Don't forget to add Little office of the blessed Virgin Mary
http://www.liturgies.net/Liturgies/C...tleOffice1.htm

Each Divine Office is accompanied (either preceeded or followed) by the Office of Our Lady, the Virgin Mary.

Try it, that's how to pray.

Pray without ceasing.
Old Jul 13, '11, 6:07 am
Banned

Default Re: Methods of Saying the Rosary - By St. Louis de Montfort

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality