Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 21, '11, 2:04 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Prayer for healing from depression

Lord Jesus Christ, you know all our pain and sorrow and bore them for us on the cross. In this suffering this child of yours now experiences allow him to know your presence, strengthen his faith when he would despair, and give me the assurance of your eternal love and healing power. Father, you are our refuge in good and in bad times. In your infinite mercy, bring peace, comfort and freedom from anxiety and depression. Please hear our prayers for CompSciGuy. Amen
With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)
Jesus I trust in you!
Old Jul 21, '11, 3:56 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.
Old Jul 21, '11, 4:13 pm
Prayer Warrior

I prayed for you this evening.
Old Jul 21, '11, 9:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeberle1970 View Post
Praying that your depression and anxiety lift and you can live life without these barriers. Since you have been diagnosed, I'm assuming that you are on some sort of anti-depressant medication (as well as anti-anxiety). I know that some people regard these medications as a crutch, but science has come a long way and these things can give people some real relief, so I would suggest being open to them.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
our Life, our Sweetness, and our Hope.
To Thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To Thee do we send up our sighs mourning
and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate,
Thine Eyes of Mercy toward us,
and after this our exile show us the
Blessed Fruit of thy Womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us O Holy Mother of God
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Thank you so much for your prayers. To answer your question, yes, the doctor did prescribe me zoloft, but I had to stop taking it because my body was too reactive to it; it wouldn't let me sleep. I was on it for three days and couldn't get more than three light hours of sleep each night that I was on it. After the third night I stopped taking it because I couldn't bear the physical stress of going three days without sleeping; the fourth night was my last sleepless night before my body was flushed of the medicine. I was physically exhausted and mentally anguished; I felt panicky, I had the shakes and I was throwing up my own bile. At the time I was convinced that I was going to die. I am better now, and naturally I've been a little wary about medications. I am still getting therapy, and I may talk again about some possible alternatives.

Anxiety has greatly improved, especially (to my great relief) the social anxiety, which has plagued me for many years and I believe is one of the main causes of my depression. I still have depressive episodes nearly every day; they are worst in the morning and at night. But I don't feel as lonely anymore as I have been overcoming social anxiety and improving my thought processes, moving past self-hatred and opening myself to others. That really makes the biggest difference. Faith continues to carry me through each day, and I really truly believe that I am blessed by all of your prayers. If it were not for faith I don't think I'd be here. I want to do my best to pray for all of you. If I can offer my sufferings for others in this forum struggling I would like to do that.
Old Jul 21, '11, 10:00 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic convert!

Prayers for you to be encouraged in little ways by His Holy Spirit and that you can actually SEE the moving of Him in Your life. Praying for seeds of Hope to be planted in your soul. Lord plant and water these seeds and bring others to help care for this Your child. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

mlz
Old Jul 22, '11, 2:23 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.
Old Jul 23, '11, 2:28 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Old Aug 5, '11, 10:07 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompSciGuy View Post
Thank you so much for your prayers. To answer your question, yes, the doctor did prescribe me zoloft, but I had to stop taking it because my body was too reactive to it; it wouldn't let me sleep. I was on it for three days and couldn't get more than three light hours of sleep each night that I was on it. After the third night I stopped taking it because I couldn't bear the physical stress of going three days without sleeping; the fourth night was my last sleepless night before my body was flushed of the medicine. I was physically exhausted and mentally anguished; I felt panicky, I had the shakes and I was throwing up my own bile. At the time I was convinced that I was going to die. I am better now, and naturally I've been a little wary about medications. I am still getting therapy, and I may talk again about some possible alternatives.

Anxiety has greatly improved, especially (to my great relief) the social anxiety, which has plagued me for many years and I believe is one of the main causes of my depression. I still have depressive episodes nearly every day; they are worst in the morning and at night. But I don't feel as lonely anymore as I have been overcoming social anxiety and improving my thought processes, moving past self-hatred and opening myself to others. That really makes the biggest difference. Faith continues to carry me through each day, and I really truly believe that I am blessed by all of your prayers. If it were not for faith I don't think I'd be here. I want to do my best to pray for all of you. If I can offer my sufferings for others in this forum struggling I would like to do that.
Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, "Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart." With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Council 1489

Tiber Swim Team -- Easter Vigil '08

Obl.S.B. (Novice)

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions