Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Oct 9, '11, 1:12 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Is Father Ralph Diorio legit???

Sorry i also wanted to add The Apostolate for Divine Mercy and Healing has the approval of the Bishop of Worcester, Massachusetts, and, Father DiOrio also received approval from the late John Paul II and recently, Pope Benedict XVI.

Again i apologize for such a long post, i know every person in the church has had doubters at least one time in their "natural" or fleshly lifes. I hate that their are fakes that cause doubt upon ones that could be real. i hope and wish the best for you and your Grandmother
Old Apr 15, '12, 11:12 am
Trial Membership

I'm a new member here, but just saw these posts asking about Fr. Diorio. He most certainly is legit--a very spirit-filled priest. I have attended several of his healing Masses. And, surprisingly, my back was healed--I went for someone else and 2 days later realized my back pain was gone--that was 30 years ago. I also saw Fr. Diorio pray over a little boy with leg bone cancer--and the boy was healed. I found out some time later. Also--his healing was confirmed by Rome and used for the canonization process of a saint. If you ever have the opportunity to hear him, attend one of his healing Masses--his teachings are inspiring.
Old Apr 15, '12, 5:36 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic Newcomer

I've met Father Diorio a few times before and he's definitely legit. I've never felt anything when I attended the Healing Masses but then again, I've never feel anything when I attend Mass in general.

There's nothing false about him and I've never felt creeped out. He's truly sincere and devoted to the Faith. He has met Bl. John Paul II and received approval from him. And if I'm correct, our Holy Father also approves of him.

So no, he's not a fake.

Humilitas
— Pope John Paul I and Pope Benedict XVI
Old Apr 15, '12, 7:47 pm
Veteran Member

I attended several of Fr Diorio's healing services, when he first began at a parish in Massachusetts. I saw a five year old girl healed of cerebral palsy who later, unbeknown to me until she revealed who she was, was a 16 year old student of mine.

Fr Driorio received approval from the Bishop of Worcester Dioceses and Pope John Paul II.

He has brought many people into or back to the Church.

Thankfully, my friend who had not been living a good life, when he discovered he had terminal cancer, went to Fr Diorio's services. My friend repented in confession and worked for Fr Diorio's ministry, until the cancer finally took his life.

Fr Diorio, is legit, have no doubt about it.

BTW, his first name is Ralph, and he was named after the angel Ralphael, which means God's healer.

Jim
Old May 20, '12, 3:48 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: christian

My experience with father Ralph Diorio were outside the church. he was an art lover and customer of mine. While a Christian and being of Italian heritage,Father Ralph and I understood each other. I have not seen or communicated with him since the early nineties,but have fond memories of the man and the help..solicited and unsolicited that he freely gave to me. I am thrilled to see his website and schedule and look forward to getting in touch with him soon.
Old May 20, '12, 4:08 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: christian

My experiences with Father Ralph Diorio took place outside of the church. As a Christian of Italian heritage,I believe I have nothing but positive things to say about the man. He provided earnest and non judgemental counseling and assistance to me...both solicited and unsolicited. He was a gentle man and an art lover, a frequent customer at my art business in Western MA. He never spent much money and quickly moved from "customer" to I would say friend. I have not seen him since the early nineteen nineties and am thrilled to have found his website etc. I look forward to reconnecting with Father Ralph soon. He is a very kind and gifted man. sincerely, Johndi
Old May 30, '12, 6:32 pm
Trial Membership

I went to one of Fr. Diorio's healing services in November 2011. At that time he did lay hands on me. I have lumber spinal stenosis and it is a very painful condition that causes weakness, stiffness, and pain in my legs and lower back. I went to him because I really believe in the healing power of Jesus and heard good things about Fr. Diorio from a dear friend. He laid hands on me and pronounced me "healed"; he then asked me to run back and forth in the front of the room to prove it to the rest of the audience. It is over six months later and I can definitely tell you I have NOT been healed. I am still in pain and am confused as to what really went on. Why did Fr. Diorio tell me I was "healed" if I wasn't? Is it a scam? I don't appreciate being led on by a priest when I trusted what he said and went to the healing service in good faith.

A word to anyone thinking of going to one of Fr. Diorio's "healing" service: Approach with caution!
Old May 30, '12, 10:06 pm

Religion: Catholic, Loyal to the Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv View Post
Hi im new to this entire forum and this is one of the first few posts ive came to since joining, so please dont exclude my comment strictly based on my new status....but i have to throw my opinion into the mix. let me start by sayin im NOTHING and in NO way to do with fr. Ralphs church or ministry. but i was blessed last spring with an oppurtunity to travel on a 10 day pilgrimage to paris and lourdes. My mom and sister were goin so i thought ok why not?
unknown to me ,the main priest and spiritual director of this group was fr. Ralph (fr.diorio) i didnt know what to expect. im 26 , currently content and healthy in most aspects of my life so I wasnt sure what my experience would be but i was open to the oppurtunity. I am 100% a skeptic, i cant help, i have faith but my flesh makes me question certain things (like healings) , i guess i should re-phrase and say i WAS a skeptic.
While on this pilgrimage fr.ralph was with us breakfast lunch dinner , bus rides, trains, planes, 90% of the time all day each day, he preformed daily mass at several AMAZING churches, chapels and cathedrals. one was the shrine of the miraculous medal in paris and also once at the church of sacre couer and the chapel at the grotto (just to name a few) the catholic church gave him complete clearence to these churches and altars. This is not something i assume they do lightly since these churches are also very historic and some are almost even touristy-like , althought reverant and beautiful. he also said mass in the st. Therese shrine in liseux,france and also at the convent in nevers over st.bernadettes incorrupt body (completely amazing!)
so in my experience with him it was completely LIFE changing, he held mass each day and also did prayer services, healing services, etc in other timeframes.
I can tell you 100% and you can believe what im saying or not, i watched with my own 2 eyes a club footed womans leg GROW, again i do not blame you one bit if you dont believe me , i probably wouldnt believe it completely myself if i hadnt seen it with my own eyes, and even after seeing i still think ok r u sure you seen it?? IM SURE !. She was about 3 feet from me and this was a small room with only about 25 ppl at this private service. NO one was obstructing my view and i didnt take my eyes off of her legs and feet. her shorter clubbed leg Grew about 2-3 inches, believe this or not is up to you but since i seen i am a true believer and no one could change my mind now. After this service i said father you said "you" have no actual power the only power u have is when god n the holy spirit gives it to u for u to use to heal others , n u cant heal anyone unless god chooses them to be healed and fr. i do believe in your healing gift because i just witnessed it but why would god use you if he coud have just healed her hisself , and he said to give the rest of you more faith! ...he said how much more faith do you have now than you did before you witnessed it? ......every time he said or spoke about anything he always said "do it only if it brings you closer to god the father n son"

I could actually tell you and speak of the feelings n life changing stories all day long, and i could tell you of my own personal renewal (thru him) and thru lourdes ! If youd like to pm me i will rave on all day :-) ... i dont blame anyone that felt his services were over the top or the ppl over come with the spirit "falling on the floor" i witnessed one man from the street attend our private mass (it wasnt closed door private just designated for our group) but anyone could come and he couldnt even speak english and when he went to receive communion he collapsed on his knees and then almost coma-esque or in a trance someone else from communion line actually stepped on his fingers (again i witnessed this with my own eyes) and this man didnt flinch or move a muscle he remained in this transfixed state in the holy spirit. I do not think thats something you can fake, i was one pew behind where he fell and anyone would have at least flinched but his stare was straight and fixed. these storys are endless and maybe witnessing it first hand with such an intimate group of only about 30 of us gave me a better inside grasp on this then i would have got to see at a service of 500+ ppl or maybe not , but i know what i saw! And if its some "other spirit" healing these ppl then hes doing a really good job of "only if it brings you closer to god the father and the son" and creating amazing faith thru these healings.

My last and final thing (sorry for such a long post) fr. Diorio is being considered for saint hood. Im not sure what of this is public or not but I do know the catholic church, bishops and other people that direct that part of the church have documented SEVERAL of his miracles and they have been medically documented as a healing. He has all the healings and miracles accredited to him thru the catholic church that he needs (while still alive) to be considered for saint good. he needs 2 miracles accredited to him after he dies for the ball to really get rolling, he is 81 right now so i guess soon
we will see in time!

I have witnessed the Holy Spirit working through priests. I believe you 100%.

BP
"Sacrifice for sinners and repeat many times, especially when you make a sacrifice: O my Jesus, this is out of love for you, for the conversion of sinners and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary!"

BluesPicker

Old May 31, '12, 5:41 am
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlylady View Post
I went to one of Fr. Diorio's healing services in November 2011. At that time he did lay hands on me. I have lumber spinal stenosis and it is a very painful condition that causes weakness, stiffness, and pain in my legs and lower back. I went to him because I really believe in the healing power of Jesus and heard good things about Fr. Diorio from a dear friend. He laid hands on me and pronounced me "healed"; he then asked me to run back and forth in the front of the room to prove it to the rest of the audience. It is over six months later and I can definitely tell you I have NOT been healed. I am still in pain and am confused as to what really went on. Why did Fr. Diorio tell me I was "healed" if I wasn't? Is it a scam? I don't appreciate being led on by a priest when I trusted what he said and went to the healing service in good faith.

A word to anyone thinking of going to one of Fr. Diorio's "healing" service: Approach with caution!
Well, Fr Diorio usually explains that the first healing is spiritual. So, when he says you are healed, he's referring to the spiritual over the physical.

He also explains that he doesn't heal anyone. It is God who heals, not him.

Why some are healed and others not is a mystery, and the best we can do is submit to the will of God.

Anyway, my father was a paraplegic, and we took him to Fr Diorio, back when Fr Diorio first started. My father was also not healed, but in reality, he didn't expect to be healed.

However, the muscle spasms he use to get, which caused him pain, left, but it wasn't immediate, but later.

Also, the part of healing is also your submission to God.

In my father's case, he accepted his illness until he died two years ago. He spent 47 years as a paraplegic.

Anyway, keep praying and also realize, there are people who may be healed when going to Fr Diorio's services. Being such, you shouldn't tell them not to attend, but pray for their healing.

Jim
Old Jun 20, '12, 5:55 pm
Trial Membership

We attended one of father diorio's services at the church in franklin,mass in 1979. Probably August or September. We had been trying to have children for about 7 years. We actually adopted in 1975 because our prognosis for getting pregnant was so dismal. When we were at the service, we submitted a prayer request that we could get pregnant and have a child. We were very skeptical that anything would come of it.

We were told by a neighbor that our picture from the service was posted downtown. We never saw anyone with a camera, much less taking our picture. That is just a side note. The real meat of this message is this. Within one month of the service, my wife was late. In the second month, her pregnancy was confirmed. Our first, and only, natural born son was born 9-10 months after that service.

If anyone has an alternate theory, I'm open to hearing it. but let me say this - We firmly believe that Father Diorio's prayers were directly responsible for our son's birth. There is no way this was coincidence!!!!
Old Aug 20, '12, 2:25 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

I have only heard GOOD reports about him.
http://mommynovenas.org/
http://caminolamancha.org/
http://onethirdacrefarm.org/
Old Oct 18, '12, 8:09 am
Trial Membership

Default Re: Is Father Ralph Diorio legit??? ABSOLUTELY!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Wendy and I was just looking up Father Ralph Diorio's home page again, and I came across the thread asking if he is real.

HE MOST CERTAINLY IS!!

I teach dance and so had plantar faciitis, achillies tendonitis, shin splints, and a stress fracture in my right shin (everything else is both legs and feet).

It got to the point where I literally couldn't walk and could not stand for literally more than 30 seconds. I had even bought myself a wheelchair two days before I went to go see him.

I had had foot operations, done acupuncture, steriod shots, physical therapy, EVERYTHING, but because I own my own studio, I *had* to keep dancing and so injured myself to the point of not being able to walk.

So I was just sitting on the couch one day and suddenly into my brain popped "I wonder if there are any of those Praaaaissssssssee Jayyyyyyyyyysus healers around, may as well try them too."

I think all those shows with preachers that tap you on the forehead are wayyyy over the top and I'm very skeptical of them. But I found Father Ralph, and he was in Massachusetts too, like me.

I traveled out there, wearing two walking boots, and I was skeptical. I tried to get hypnotized once but couldn't let myself go under, so I didn't think I'd feel anything here.

I had to sit down through the entire thing, even toward the end when he began the healing. He came right over to me and said stand up, so I did, and stood out in the aisle. He asked if I believed in the healing power of Jesus, and I said yes. He tapped me on the forehead, and I FELL BACK! Luckily they have ushers to catch you.

When he tapped me I saw a flash of bright light and I got the chills right before I fell back. I didn't lose consciousness (sp?), and I laid on my back in the aisle, COMPLETELY relaxed and at peace. It's hard to describe....but the moment just felt sooo...perfect.

Then about 30 seconds later a voice in my head said, "Take off the boots". So I stood up (Fr. Ralph was healing someone else at the moment), and took off my boots and went to my seat.

MY FEET DIDN'T HURT!!! I was SHAKING and on the verge of tears. Fr. Ralph saw this and said, RUN TO ME. AND I DID! I RAN to him, and he said run down that aisle, and I did.

I stood up for the rest of the time, about another hour or so.

Even now it gives me chills and makes me smile. I know this is probably a "you have to see to believe" thing, but please believe me when I say he is FOR REAL!

Sometimes people don't get cured RIGHT then, it comes later. But mine was instantaneous, LITERALLY A MIRACLE. I've told people that, and most say, "Yep, it's mind over matter." That makes me mad when they say that so I correct them and say, "No, it WASN'T mind over matter, it was literally A MIRACLE."

I'm not super religious but I do go to church and I am a church scholar (I wrote The Deaths of the Popes: Comprehensive Accounts Including Funerals, Burial Places, and Epitaphs {McFarland, 2004}).

Just wanted to share that with you, and if anyone has the chance to see Fr. Diorio--DO IT. Even when he walks near you you feel...something. The man is truly a LIVING SAINT.

See ya!

WEndy
Old Oct 21, '12, 9:29 am
Trial Membership

Religion: Non-denominational Christian

I am an ordained interfaith minister in the Order of Melchizedek and I am a devout Christian. (My purpose for becoming an interfaith minister was to be of spiritual service to all people believing in God). Although I am not a Catholic (was once, but left the church out of disgust when the sex scandals were occurring in the past 20 years), I am still a very devout follower of Fr. Ralph D'Orio. This man is TRULY a vessel and channel for the Holy Spirit. I have been to several of his healing services and have had the experience of having him place his hands over my head and my falling. It was the most profound experience I have ever had. I saw many people "fall" prior to my going up for the healing and thought it was a complete hoax but when it happened to ME, I believed that yes, a human being CAN have the power of the Holy Spirit bestowed upon him or her. My husband also received a healing from the Lord through Fr. D'Orio for a chronic pain condition. Remember---Fr. D'Orio does not EVER claim to be doing the healing. He will explain during all of his services that it is the Lord USING HIM. It is JESUS that is doing the healing and using this man as a channel. He is completely and totally legitimate and anyone who believes that with GOD ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, should be open to this healing ministry. I have every intention of going back to yet another healing service. I respect skepticism---but not when it comes to GOD. The Bible says that Jesus gave several individuals the ability to channel healing, His apostle Paul being one of them. If this happened in the days that Jesus walked the earth, why not NOW?....perhaps now is the time when people need it the most with the horrific a-moral state that society is in.... Blessings to all....
Old Oct 21, '12, 10:10 am
Trial Membership

Absolutely! That's another reason why I really like Fr. DiOrio as a PERSON...he NEVER claims that HE is responsible, it's Jesus acting THROUGH him.

And what I like too is that he always welcomes everyone if every faith, telling them that as long as they believe in the Holy Spirit and a Higher Power that is God, no matter what He is labeled.

Yes, the whole pedophile thing disgusts me too (now they're discovering that the Boy Scouts did the SAME thing by protecting them, but I BET you it will NEVER get the media coverage and bashing the Church gets).

It took me 3 years to write my book on the Deaths of Popes, but what I realized is that despite 2000+ years of some rather wacky, party-animal popes (EVERY ONE, with the exception if John VIII, who was a jerk anyway), tried to do what was good for the church), the CORE RELIGION of Catholicism has continued, despite almost 90% of catholic rules are man-made.

And for a religion to survive all of those leaders--the basics if Be a Good Person, Believe in the Holy Spirit, Be Humble, and Always Help Others, is what makes me truly Proud to be Catholic.

Power corrupts. And when they started shifting bad priests around it was acceptable, particularly in Europe, where people who have been wronged aren't taught from an early age like Americans are to stand up for themselves and get justice.

So I personally believe that those in the Vatican who so wrongly hid the bad people were doing so from an old-world POV, not taking into consideration the outspokenness of Americans.

Because after all--it started in Boston, (where I live), then spread to other countries when they realized it was OK and RIGHT to stand up for yourself.

Thank you, and this website for allowing me to voice my opinion because I rarely get to talk about the Church with anyone, as owning a dance studio takes up literally all my time.

My true passion is the history of the church and its death rituals and ceremonies, so I hope some day to return to Rome and give fun and exciting tours (on the sly if I must, I know getting a tour lisence is VERY hard to get).

Wendy
Old Oct 21, '12, 10:41 am
Trial Membership

Religion: Non-denominational Christian

Amen to that Wendy...all of it...God bless you!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality