Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 18, '11, 4:57 pm
Book Club Member

Religion: ROMAN CATHOLIC
Arrow Know of a good 800 Number for Catholic/Christian prayer during time of stress?

If so, please share. If there isn't a Catholic one, a Protestant one will do - I just want to be able to know I have a prayer ministry number where I can reach a live someone 24/7 to pray with me, because I'm going to be going through a major life transition soon and may see an upswing in my anxiety levels.

I'd much rather talk with a Catholic or other Christian than a mental health counselor because I want the spiritual dimension in there too. And if I'm in the middle of a panic attack leaving a message may not be sufficient.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old Aug 18, '11, 5:50 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Know of a good 800 Number for Catholic/Christian prayer during time of stress?

You may want to check out your nearest local Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Chapel.
I did ... changed the direction of my life during a time of stress.

Prayers for you ...

Old Aug 18, '11, 6:37 pm

Default Re: Know of a good 800 Number for Catholic/Christian prayer during time of stress?

You might enjoy the following website instead. It has MP3's you can download with music and prayer. VERY relaxing and uplifting!

http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/
Old Aug 18, '11, 6:43 pm
Banned

Go to
http://www.google.com
and type in CATHOLIC PRAYER REQUEST DIAL A PRAYER
and see what links come up.
There should be a number to call on a few of the links.
I recall seeing them...

God bless,
Jaypeeto4
Old Aug 18, '11, 7:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobyshme View Post
You might enjoy the following website instead. It has MP3's you can download with music and prayer. VERY relaxing and uplifting!

http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/

Thanks Scoobyshme, that seems very interesting!
Old Aug 18, '11, 7:13 pm
Prayer Warrior

. . . . . .
Marians of the Immaculate Conception

Since its founding in 1995, the Divine Mercy Intercessory Prayerline has served more than 1.5 million people who have sought comfort and healing through prayer.

Meet the Prayerline

"Hello," says Br. Michael Opalacz, MIC, picking up a ringing phone. "This is Br. Michael. How can I help you?"

It's a question you hear emanating nearly non-stop from the rows of cubicles in the Divine Mercy Intercessory Prayerline's office, headquartered at the Marian Helpers Center here in Stockbridge, Mass., home of the National Shrine of The Divine Mercy.

"Just knowing that I can be of service and be a 'foot washer,' like Jesus did of old, is what I find most rewarding," says Br. Michael during a break in the calls.

Who are the people who administer the Divine Mercy Intercessory Prayerline? Like Br. Michael, they are people who have responded to the call of God and who have been graced by the charism of intercessory prayer, so desperately needed at this time in our history.

The intercessors don't offer counseling. They listen. They pray with callers, and they pray for callers and those who send their petitions via mail or electronically. Then, the intercessors pray for each intention in Our Lady of Mercy Oratory, located adjacent to the ministry's office. The intercessors pray for all intentions during their daily Holy Hour. The intentions are also remembered at two daily Masses, the 3 p.m. Hour of Great Mercy and in the Chaplet of The Divine Mercy.

Each intention is then placed into a prayer box beneath a 1st-class relic of St. Faustina Kowalska, the secretary and apostle of God's Mercy.

Do you have a prayer request?

"Nothing is too small or too great with our Lord."

We invite you to call us (1-800-804-3823), e-mail us ([email protected]), fill out our online form, or write us with your prayer intention.

Our mailing address is:
The Divine Mercy Prayerline
Marian Helpers Center
Stockbridge, MA 01263

Link: http://www.marian.org/prayerline/meet.php

"But He answered and said,
It is written,
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by
every word
that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

- Jesus
Matthew 4:4
Old Aug 20, '11, 1:22 pm
Book Club Member

Thanks everyone, keep 'em coming.

the phoenix: I will do that during the daytime certainly and the effects may help me stay calmer in the nights.

Jesus 123: Does that mean they can pray with you 24/7?

I'm also going to see if the hospice that helped when my mom died would still let me call their minister because some of this anxiety is indirectly linked to that loss...
Old Aug 21, '11, 1:11 pm
Prayer Warrior

Smile Re: Know of a good 800 Number for Catholic/Christian prayer during time of stress?

+Hi 3doctors . . . may our Wonderful Lord send his holy angels to help . . . and may He bless you with His peace and strengthen your heart during the time of change ahead for you . . . I don't know if the above Marians of the Immaculate Conception Prayerline is manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week . . . but you can give them a toll fee call on their 800 line and inquire if you're interested in praying with them . . . I downloaded the below from the web for you. . . searching specifically for 24 hour Catholic prayer telephone lines . . . hope this helps . . .

In dedication to the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart . . . God bless . . .
Quote:
+
. . . . . .

Hospital prayer line extends voice | Arkansas Catholic | March 26 ...
Mar 26, 2011 ... Arkansas Catholic. The Official Newspaper of the ... The line also serves as a 24-hour telephone line that anyone with any need can call ...
http://www.arkansas-catholic.org/article.php?id=2501

Prayer Requests Online
You may also call The [Catholic] Gethsemane Prayer Line: 1-905-789 9909 (24 / 7) to submit a prayer ... or E-Mail them your prayer request at: [email protected] ... 24 Hour Prayer Line Local#: (334)987-1234. Toll Free#: 1-888-307-7812 ...

http://www.discoverhiddensecrets.com...rRequests.html

Prayer Resources Phone (800) and Online (Web)
Prayer Lines: (jump to web sites) ... many Catholic prayers, including the Our Father, Prayer to Your Guardian Angel, Holy Rosary, .... You Should Pray - Offers teaching and scriptures on prayer, as well as a list of 24-hour Prayer Lines.
http://awesomepower.net/prayerlines.htm

FAQ's - Agape International Spiritual Center
Sunday Morning - First Service * 6:25-7:00am Early Bird Meditation ... or the Saint Gregory version used by the Catholic church. ... each Sunday and Wednesday service, and also participate in a 24-hour prayer phone line which anyone may ...
http://www.agapelive.com/index.php?page=7

+
. . . all for Jesus+
. . . Sweet Spirit of our Holy God+
. . . strengthen, guide and direct+

"But He answered and said,
It is written,
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by
every word
that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

- Jesus
Matthew 4:4
Old Aug 24, '11, 12:18 pm
Book Club Member

Thank you so much!
Old Sep 6, '11, 6:56 pm
Banned

FAQ's - Agape International Spiritual Center
Sunday Morning - First Service * 6:25-7:00am Early Bird Meditation ... or the Saint Gregory version used by the Catholic church. ... each Sunday and Wednesday service, and also participate in a 24-hour prayer phone line which anyone may ...
http://www.agapelive.com/index.php?page=7

Please note that this site above is NOT strictly orthodox christian.
It seems kind of new-agey. Just fyi.

Jaypeeto4
Old Sep 6, '11, 10:22 pm
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DOCTORS View Post
If so, please share. If there isn't a Catholic one, a Protestant one will do - I just want to be able to know I have a prayer ministry number where I can reach a live someone 24/7 to pray with me, because I'm going to be going through a major life transition soon and may see an upswing in my anxiety levels.

I'd much rather talk with a Catholic or other Christian than a mental health counselor because I want the spiritual dimension in there too. And if I'm in the middle of a panic attack leaving a message may not be sufficient.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
You have some excellent Prayer websites and 1-800 #'s. Here is another thread I started called:

Favorite website to send your Prayer requests and intentions?

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=451946

St. Dymphna, please Pray for 3Doctors. Amen.

St. Jude, please Pray for 3Doctors. Amen.

St. Padre Pio, please Pray for 3Doctors. Amen.

St. Walter of Pontnoise, please Pray for 3Doctors. Amen.

Our Lady of Sorrows, please Pray for 3Doctors. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, please listen to the Prayers of 3Doctors. Amen.
"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old Sep 7, '11, 5:06 pm
Book Club Member

Thanks for the prayers and the caring. I have felt that people are praying for me because I am hanging in there. Going through the various stages of what it takes to move, and keeping busy - Ora et Labora as St. Benedict would say!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality