Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > Catholic News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 20, '11, 8:47 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic. Gender: Female
Default Hollywood star Matt Marsden urges young Catholics to get involved in movies

Hollywood actor Matt Marsden said that young Catholics need to get involved in movie-making and other artistic ventures if they want to change the culture.

“It’s vitally important for the future,” the 38-year-old actor – who has starred in movies such as “Black Hawk Down” and “Transformers” – told CNA during his World Youth Day visit in Madrid on Aug. 19.

“There’s not going to be anything left if we don’t fight,” he added. “Pope John Paul was so explicit about it wasn’t he? About getting involved in culture and movies – and at the moment we’re not.”

Marsden had just taken part in a panel discussion on the subject of faith and entertainment at Madrid’s Palacio de Deportes indoor stadium which, for this week, is a base for English-speaking pilgrims at World Youth Day.

“There’s so much I wanted to say to the young people – that I’m so proud and inspired by them and that they’re so far along in their faith at such a young age. I think that’s really crucial.”

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...ved-in-movies/
Old Aug 20, '11, 9:57 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Hollywood star Matt Marsden urges young Catholics to get involved in movies

Just looked to see who Matt Marsden is. When I typed his name in and looked through his on line posted pictures I found an Immaculate Heart of Mary picture with horns drawn over her head and the number 666 on her forehead. See Matt Marsden, Image results, page 7.
While he may encourage Catholics to become involved in movies to change the culture, it looks like he certainly does not respect Catholicism.
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:06 am
Book Club Member

Default Re: Hollywood star Matt Marsden urges young Catholics to get involved in movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by broallenjoseph View Post
Just looked to see who Matt Marsden is. When I typed his name in and looked through his on line posted pictures I found an Immaculate Heart of Mary picture with horns drawn over her head and the number 666 on her forehead. See Matt Marsden, Image results, page 7.
While he may encourage Catholics to become involved in movies to change the culture, it looks like he certainly does not respect Catholicism.
What are you talking about? You typed his name into where? Was this a google search?
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:14 am

I typed in the name Matt Marsden to see if I had seen him in movies before. I typed in on Yahoo search. Matt Marsden - Image Results was one of the choices to look at pictures. When I searched there, I found the foul picture of the Immaculate heart of Mary on pg 7 of the pictures.
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:23 am
Book Club Member

Quote:
I typed in the name Matt Marsden to see if I had seen him in movies before. I typed in on Yahoo search. Matt Marsden - Image Results was one of the choices to look at pictures. When I searched there, I found the foul picture of the Immaculate heart of Mary on pg 7 of the pictures.
Yahoo doesn't just give links to images that are supported by Matt Marsden. If the words in your search are anywhere on the page it will give you links to it. The picture you are talking about is from a radio station blog. How can you associate that with the actor?
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:23 am

Quote:
That's image is somebody else that happens to share the same name as the actor. If you notice, you get a variety of images in that search, some that have nothing to do with the actual actor and may only have part of his name or all of his name in common with the results.
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriceA View Post
That's image is somebody else that happens to share the same name as the actor. If you notice, you get a variety of images in that search, some that have nothing to do with the actual actor and may only have part of his name or all of his name in common with the results.
Sorry, I did not realize that. So Matt has no control over those pictures? I am not 100% computer smart.
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:26 am
Veteran Member

Religion: Roman Catholic- Old Rite & Daughter of Dominic

Quote:
His picture is actually in the article.

HOC EST ENIM CORPUS MEUM
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:39 am

Quote:
Sorry, I did not realize that. So Matt has no control over those pictures? I am not 100% computer smart.
Nope, no control at all. The only control he would have over images is if you went to his official site and found that disturbing image, then you can say what you did about him in your OP.
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueLight View Post
His picture is actually in the article.
True, but that pic in the article really doesn't do him any justice. I even googled him and realized he's been in a lot of movies that I've liked.

He and Jim Cavaziel should start their own production company or something.
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:41 am

Thanks for the correction
Old Aug 20, '11, 10:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriceA View Post
True, but that pic in the article really doesn't do him any justice. I even googled him and realized he's been in a lot of movies that I've liked.

He and Jim Cavaziel should start their own production company or something.
Not a bad idea!!!

I am not really into younger movie stars, my era was Annette Funicello. But I thought that Justin Bieber was Catholic. I know Hilary Duff is, because she was Baptized into the Seattle Wa diocese.
Maybe there are more and more Catholics coming into movies. Hopefully they will make an impact on Hollywood. And start getting more and more movies out with good morals.
That would be good.
Old Aug 20, '11, 11:01 am
Veteran Member

Quote:
No...spammers are all over the internet.

You can google a news story and find a link to a computer virus, posing as a news story. Happened once to us, the antivirus worked well to stop it.

The Word became flesh, He lived among us, and we saw His glory, the glory that He has from the Father as only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Old Aug 20, '11, 11:19 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic Revert

An excellent Idea.
I'd love to see EWTN sponsor some sort of national/international program where schools could contribute "original programming" that could then be aired - It would be great for promoting this kind of Catholic participation in the film arts.

Peace
James

The Best book on Spirituality that I ever Read: "The Fulfillment of All Desire"

Oh my God , I will continue
to perform, all my actions
for the love of Thee
Amen.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > Catholic News