Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Sep 20, '11, 3:58 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Protestant Unanswered Questions

I listened to a Catholic convert on Catholic radio say as a Protestant he made a list of many Bible passages that Protestant theology had on good answer for. He said that this caused him to look to the Catholoc Church for the answers and found then good and true. Does any one know some of the passages he was talking about because he did not say what they were he just went on to another subject.
Old Sep 20, '11, 4:02 pm

Default Re: Protestant Unanswered Questions

Try contacting the radio station to see if they can get you in contact with the Convert. He may be able to provide you with the list himself.
Old Sep 20, '11, 4:29 pm

Definitely check out the Coming Home Network website, particularly search for the various shows with the description "Verses I never Saw as a Protestant".

There are numerous verses he could have had in mind; it really all depends on what subjects he wanted to focus on.
Old Sep 20, '11, 5:07 pm

If it's who I think it is, call in during the live show and you will very likely be put through, and I'm sure he'll share with you a few of the verses. I recall him mentioning one of them once, but I honestly can't remember what it was.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weakness, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
Old Sep 20, '11, 9:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardPaul View Post
I listened to a Catholic convert on Catholic radio say as a Protestant he made a list of many Bible passages that Protestant theology had on good answer for. He said that this caused him to look to the Catholoc Church for the answers and found then good and true. Does any one know some of the passages he was talking about because he did not say what they were he just went on to another subject.
If you do get the list can you post it. I would like to see it as well. If it is not too huge that is.
Old Sep 21, '11, 7:44 am
Radio Club Member

seems similar to CA Radio program titled: Scriptural Apologetics. John Martignoni guests on CA Radio once a month. As of recently, the subject has been "Questions Protestants can't Answer." John is the founder of the Bible Christian Society, so his biblical approach is usually effective with those who are sola scripturists.

Pax Christi,
Phil
Old Sep 21, '11, 8:18 am

Religion: catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJK100 View Post
If you do get the list can you post it. I would like to see it as well. If it is not too huge that is.
http://chnetwork.org/resources/

Scroll to "Verses I never Saw".

He also has a radio program called Deep In Scripture, where in guests discuss verses they had difficulty with when they were protestants. It airs on EWTN every wednesdays. 11 am pacific time.
Old Sep 21, '11, 9:29 am

Religion: Protestant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablope View Post
http://chnetwork.org/resources/

Scroll to "Verses I never Saw".

He also has a radio program called Deep In Scripture, where in guests discuss verses they had difficulty with when they were protestants. It airs on EWTN every wednesdays. 11 am pacific time.
That's a pretty weak list. I've read all of them and still have no problem with any of them.
Old Sep 21, '11, 9:53 am
Radio Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muze View Post
That's a pretty weak list. I've read all of them and still have no problem with any of them.
Have you ever heard of 150 Bible Verses Every Catholic Should Know by Pat Madrid? Or what about Dave Armstrong's The Catholic Verses?
Old Sep 21, '11, 11:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muze View Post
When he says "verses I never saw," that doesn't mean he never read them, but only that an "Aha!" moment had never accompanied them.

I would guess that you have "no problem with any of them" either because you're doctrinal convictions are not solidly tied to Sola Fide and Solo Scriptura or else you don't see what the verses are really saying.
Old Sep 21, '11, 12:02 pm
Veteran Member

1 Corinthains 3:12-15 is all but inexplicable in a Heaven and Hell only theology.
If anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, the work of each will come to light, for the Day will disclose it. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire (itself) will test the quality of each one's work. If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage. But if someone's work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire.
I've got a list of Catholicism in Scripture at http://timhollingworth.blogspot.com/...cal-basis.html

Relics, Purgatory, Mary... you know... all those Catholic doctrines which arn't in the Bible.

-Tim-
Old Sep 21, '11, 1:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESMDHokie77 View Post
seems similar to CA Radio program titled: Scriptural Apologetics. John Martignoni guests on CA Radio once a month. As of recently, the subject has been "Questions Protestants can't Answer." John is the founder of the Bible Christian Society, so his biblical approach is usually effective with those who are sola scripturists.

Pax Christi,
Phil
This is the person I was thinking of, though I didn't know about the scriptural apologetics show. As you said he's on Catholic Answers Live sometimes, but he's also live on EWTN Open Line every Monday, and it was this show that I meant to suggest calling in to.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weakness, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
Old Sep 21, '11, 3:17 pm

Thank you for your info I will check out "verses I never saw" and "questions Protestants can't answer". I bet if I go to the local Catholic book store there could be a book about it. There have been so many books by converts in the past ten years.
Old Sep 21, '11, 3:35 pm

I just looked at the web page Timothy H sent me to. It's very good. That is my answer. Thank You!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics