Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > Terri Schiavo: 2005

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 13, '05, 4:22 pm
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Terri Schiavo

Did they ever release the autopsy report? It seems like it should be released. It would be good if they could determine the cause of her condition.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope.
Old Jun 13, '05, 9:49 pm

Default Re: Terri Schiavo

I've been waiting for its release too, but I don't believe its out yet.
Old Jun 13, '05, 9:54 pm

Send a message via AIM to Lisa4Catholics

No it has not It was supposed to take 2 to 3 weeks Also, Michael was court ordered to let Terris family know where her remains are and that is one thing Greer has yet to enforce The media has not even started asking where is this report We need to start raising cain again,this should have already come out.
Old Jun 13, '05, 10:08 pm

I saw an article on May 9th that said it would be another 2 - 3 weeks.
Old Jun 14, '05, 3:03 am

Religion: Roman Catholic
Send a message via Yahoo to ThornGenX

It seems the short attention span of the main stream media strikes again. From my point of view, it looks like once the pro-death agenda was fulfilled with Terri's most unjust murder, interest in the story quickly faded.
Old Jun 14, '05, 3:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornGenX
It seems the short attention span of the main stream media strikes again. From my point of view, it looks like once the pro-death agenda was fulfilled with Terri's most unjust murder, interest in the story quickly faded.
I agree She was a test run and an opening to another can of snakes and we failed miserably Poor Terri For the life of me I still believe people accross the country should have protested every courthouse of the nation,but sadly alot of people agreed with this travesty.
Old Jun 14, '05, 6:02 am

While I think its true a lot of people thought what happened was just fine, there was also a lot of untrue information given out in the media. Like saying she was on "life support" was a lot different than a feeding tube. And they were always saying that she was dying anyway and that we should allow her to die with dignity. I think if more information about what was really going on had been given out than more people would have agreed with us.

Old Jun 14, '05, 6:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilzha
While I think its true a lot of people thought what happened was just fine, there was also a lot of untrue information given out in the media. Like saying she was on "life support" was a lot different than a feeding tube. And they were always saying that she was dying anyway and that we should allow her to die with dignity. I think if more information about what was really going on had been given out than more people would have agreed with us.

I agree with you there.It is very sad that people do not try to look into what is being reported The "powers that be"in the media remind me of the pied piper
Old Jun 14, '05, 6:27 am

What do you think the autopsy will show? I have a feeling at the very least it will not help our side. I don't know anything about medicine (so I can be completely off), but I don't know how it could show she was aware, especially after all the damage that was done from the starvation and dehydration. I have no doubt in my mind that Terri was in there, aware of what was going on, but I don't know that we will ever be able to prove that.
Old Jun 14, '05, 6:32 am

Quote:
What do you think the autopsy will show? I have a feeling at the very least it will not help our side. I don't know anything about medicine (so I can be completely off), but I don't know how it could show she was aware, especially after all the damage that was done from the starvation and dehydration. I have no doubt in my mind that Terri was in there, aware of what was going on, but I don't know that we will ever be able to prove that.
I was hoping they would show the evidence of abuse,her origional admission records when she came in the physician said her neck was stiff which is a symptom of strangulation and bone scans revealed she had 9 broken bones in different stages of healing.I do not think they can prove in an autopsy how "funtional"her brain was and I don't know even if that would shake people up I think fear of disability and the thought of being so helpless scares people.The cross is not popular these days.
Old Jun 14, '05, 6:38 am

Hmmm I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense to look for the abuse. Is there any recourse at all if it is shown that she was abused or is it simply for public opinion then?

(sorry I'm talking your ear off this morning )
Old Jun 14, '05, 6:52 am

Quote:
Hmmm I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense to look for the abuse. Is there any recourse at all if it is shown that she was abused or is it simply for public opinion then?

(sorry I'm talking your ear off this morning )
That is okay,talk my ear off especially regarding Terri I am concerned about the bias of the autopsy because it was promised that her parents would also have a medical examiner in there and then that was renigged.And with all the other evidence dismissed and coverups,and conflicts of interests in the case I hope that the truth is not being suppressed.If it is found and released tha Michael caused her to be in that condition in the first place there will be a massive wake-up call in the country.Because those who supported her execution will realize in a dramatic way the court finished what he tried to do so many years ago
Old Jun 14, '05, 7:21 am

I guess you're right. The whole case was handled badly and the whole thing went wrong. It shouldn't surprise me to think that the autopsy would be the same.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > Terri Schiavo: 2005