Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Liturgy and Sacraments

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Sep 28, '11, 4:04 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Eucharistic Adoration hour gift card.

Iím wondering if anyone has come across a Eucharistic Adoration hour gift card like the one attached. Its size is 8.25 inches, which is then folded in half, x 5.75 inches high. I got this card from a neighbouring diocese and Iím trying to come up with a fresh design for a similar card to be left in our local Adoration Chapel. Basically Iím looking for ideas or sample pictures, as I donít want to spend time trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	11776

Name:	Outside cover.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	11777

Old Sep 28, '11, 5:12 pm

Default Re: Eucharistic Adoration hour gift card.

I've never seen one of these cards, but it is beautiful. What a wonderful thought to send to someone dear to you, or someone you know is struggling.

It reminds me a lot of those old "spiritual bouquet" cards I used to see when I was a kid. They had spaces for Paters, Aves, and Glorias. Basically, you filled in the number of each prayer you planned to say for the person, and sent it to them.
Old Sep 28, '11, 5:47 pm
Book Club Member

I have never seen anything like this before. I think this would be a nice idea for any parish to get involved with. Let me know if you find any more info. I am sorry I couldn't help but I do think it's a wonderful idea.
Old Sep 28, '11, 6:13 pm

great images here

https://picasaweb.google.com/1079693...iturgyPrograms
Old Sep 28, '11, 7:34 pm
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahJ View Post
Iím wondering if anyone has come across a Eucharistic Adoration hour gift card like the one attached. Its size is 8.25 inches, which is then folded in half, x 5.75 inches high. I got this card from a neighbouring diocese and Iím trying to come up with a fresh design for a similar card to be left in our local Adoration Chapel. Basically Iím looking for ideas or sample pictures, as I donít want to spend time trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Any help would be very much appreciated.
I just sent an email to the lead coordinator of our perpetual adoration ministry. We had a woman who used to have those cards printed from time to time and she left a stack of them in the adoration chapel but I don't know who it was. I'm sure she has it in electronic format - if I find out, I'll post it or post a link or email it to you.

Please send me a PM as a reminder as it will likely take a few days to get a reply.

-Tim-
Old Sep 29, '11, 6:24 am

Religion: Catholic Professed Lay-Carmelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahJ View Post

Attachment 11776

Attachment 11777
We have been sending the Holy Hour cards to people for a few years, mostly at Christmas time. The cards were designed by our Priest , after his viewing of a few other cards that were being circulated at that time.
With the printers and copiers available today it is quite effortless to produce a custom card for your Church etc...........
Keep it simple, a picture of a monstrance, Hours of Adoration, Name of Church or Chapel.
Old Mar 20, '12, 4:33 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks very much for your input.
Finally I put something together and printed a run off of 500 cards about 4 weeks ago, theyíve all been given out and already over a hundred hours of prayer petitions have been carried out. Our parish has just run another 500. Demand is ongoing and there have been individual enquiries from Dublin and London. This is a totally voluntary and anonymous project funded by a small group of us to mark the Eucharistic Congress here in Ireland this year. The aim is to promote adoration of our Blessed Lord and encourage charity in prayer.

Iíve attached an email address for anyone who is interested obtaining a JPG copy and getting a print run done locally. There are two copies of the outside of the card. One of them carries a brief outline of the miracle of Lanciano for generic distribution. The other is blank in this area to allow for local adoration details to be applied before printing.

The cards are very popular despite being a bit on the Ďbusyí side. The symbolism is fairly apparent from the Bible passages on the front and writing the name of the person being prayed for on the Sacred Heart of Jesus speaks for itself.

For free full size JPG copies of these images e-mail; [email protected]

God Bless
JonahJ
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Genericoutside6ppi.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	13402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Insidecard6ppi.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	13403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Parishoutsideblankinfo6ppi.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	13404  

Old Mar 20, '12, 8:52 pm
Book Club Member

Thank you for posting this.

I have a coworker who will soon be celebrating her 82nd birthday, and was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. We have decided to celebrate a different letter of her name (Grace) each day that week. For "R" I as thinking that in would say a Rosary for her, and this will be perfect for "A"!

I have something for "G"

Any creative ideas for C and E?bb
Old Mar 20, '12, 9:31 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: Orthodox

The cards are very popular despite being a bit on the Ďbusyí side. The symbolism is fairly apparent from the Bible passages on the front and writing the name of the person being prayed for on the Sacred Heart of Jesus speaks for itself.
Old Mar 21, '12, 9:03 am

Religion: Cradle Catholic, Latin Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadian View Post

I have a coworker who will soon be celebrating her 82nd birthday, and was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. We have decided to celebrate a different letter of her name (Grace) each day that week. For "R" I as thinking that in would say a Rosary for her, and this will be perfect for "A"!

I have something for "G"

For "E" you could attend Mass that day and offer your Eucharist for her. For "C" you could choose one of the Corporal Works Of Mercy to do for her or for someone else in her name.
Old Mar 21, '12, 9:20 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

I have seen another example of one, but I don't have a copy of it I can post online. It was mostly black ink with, I think, a purple ink monstrance.

Those are awesome!!

Good luck as you design your own... hope it goes well!
Old Mar 21, '12, 11:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadian View Post

I have something for "G"

"C" Could represent a Community of friends that have known her through her life, gathering together with her, to remember the good deeds that she did for them and offer gratitude.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Liturgy and Sacraments