Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Oct 1, '11, 7:56 am
Banned

Religion: Catholic
Default for those who believe in "ex-gay"

Why is the "technology" only being used to make homosexuals straight? Why aren't gay groups using the same technology to convert straights to their "team"? You'd think gay groups would be chomping at the bits to get their hands on such revolutionary technology.
Old Oct 1, '11, 9:09 am

Default Re: for those who believe in "ex-gay"

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana1 View Post
Why is the "technology" only being used to make homosexuals straight? Why aren't gay groups using the same technology to convert straights to their "team"? You'd think gay groups would be chomping at the bits to get their hands on such revolutionary technology.
How many straight people do you know who WANT to be gay?
Old Oct 1, '11, 9:20 am
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic Church, Latin Rite

Quote:
You are joking but I could not get your point...
Old Oct 1, '11, 11:24 am
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic

Anyone who seriously seeks an answer to this question and is not just trolling or being provocative to get attention, should do a CAF search on InSearchofGrace's name. She has participated in many of the threads on homosexuality.

The most successful, long-term work in this area has been in conjunction with the Courage apostolate, and also with simply standard, traditional, very-long-term psychotherapy where the goal is not to separate the attraction from the person per se, but to uncover all the factors in his or her life that led to lifestyle results, whatever those lifestyle results were or are. That is not essentially different from the goal of standard therapy for anyone: to examine why we have made the choices to act on various impulses or to choose various paths to fill what we perceive to be our needs.

If those lifestyles are contributing to deep and true happiness, good psychotherapy will not persuade us otherwise. If, OTOH, those lifestyles are unhealthy compensations for unmet needs and are not emotionally and spiritualy fulfilling, the same excellent therapy will also uncover that. Anything in our life that has persisted for a long period of time, and to which we have accommodated, even if unhealthy, can take a lot of time & work to recognize and understand (such as a woman who accommodates to an aggressive mate, such as a family member who accommodates to a mentally ill relative).
Old Oct 1, '11, 6:42 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:
What technology?
Old Oct 2, '11, 10:32 am
Banned

Religion: Presbyterian

Quote:

RUN FOR THE HILLS IT'S THE GAY MACHINE!!
Old Oct 2, '11, 12:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKY RASPER View Post
RUN FOR THE HILLS IT'S THE GAY MACHINE!!
I presume you mean fruit machine?
Old Oct 2, '11, 3:01 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
What technology?
The process, the steps involved in going from straight to gay. If it's true that homosexuals can become "ex-gay," then why isn't that same process being used for homosexual activists to recruit straights to their team? Shouldn't it be a falsifiable process subject to the scientific method, or what exactly is being done - besides praying the gay away - to become "ex-gay"? If it really is true that homosexuals can become "ex-gay," why aren't the "ex-gay" proponents doing more to disseminate and publicize the steps concerned parents need to do. It seems awfully mean, uncharitable, and downright un-Christian to withhold (or worse, profit from) the processes involved to from straight to gay. It's not like we're talking about Col. Sander's secret recipe from KFC - we're talking about the salvation of the homosexuals' souls.
Old Oct 2, '11, 3:07 pm
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
why isn't that same process being used for homosexual activists to recruit straights to their team?
The activists have the secular world's most effective team working for them, a well-oiled machine called The Mainstream Media, represented, in order of prominence, by

The New York Times
MSNBC
CNN

They additionally have, in the invisible but real world, a powerful force in The Evil One - sometimes referred to as Satan, or as The Devil.

The homosexual activists need to do very little on ther own. Their self-appointed deputies, just listed, do it for them.

Have a nice day.
Old Oct 2, '11, 4:05 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:
The process, the steps involved in going from straight to gay. If it's true that homosexuals can become "ex-gay," then why isn't that same process being used for homosexual activists to recruit straights to their team? Shouldn't it be a falsifiable process subject to the scientific method, or what exactly is being done - besides praying the gay away - to become "ex-gay"? If it really is true that homosexuals can become "ex-gay," why aren't the "ex-gay" proponents doing more to disseminate and publicize the steps concerned parents need to do. It seems awfully mean, uncharitable, and downright un-Christian to withhold (or worse, profit from) the processes involved to from straight to gay. It's not like we're talking about Col. Sander's secret recipe from KFC - we're talking about the salvation of the homosexuals' souls.
Whatever you are talking about is not "technology"!!
Old Oct 2, '11, 7:19 pm

Religion: Jesus Buddhist

I've heard about this technology. It's called the X-Gay X-Ray.
Old Oct 2, '11, 7:30 pm
Banned

Quote:
Whatever you are talking about is not "technology"!!
According to the dictionary (Merriam-Webster, specifically), "technology" is defined as: the practical application of knowledge in a particular area.
Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/technology

That said, it is grammatically correct to describe efforts to turn homosexuals into heterosexuals as "technology," because it is the application of knowledge in particular area - namely, becoming "ex-gay." Going back to my original question, if there's such a thing as "ex-gay," then why isn't this "technology" being used by gay activists to recruit heterosexuals to their team?
Old Oct 3, '11, 2:00 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
According to the dictionary (Merriam-Webster, specifically), "technology" is defined as: the practical application of knowledge in a particular area.
Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/technology

That said, it is grammatically correct to describe efforts to turn homosexuals into heterosexuals as "technology," because it is the application of knowledge in particular area - namely, becoming "ex-gay." Going back to my original question, if there's such a thing as "ex-gay," then why isn't this "technology" being used by gay activists to recruit heterosexuals to their team?
I cannot say what I really think about this thread because I will get sanctioned by the moderators.
Old Oct 3, '11, 7:52 am
Banned

Quote:
I cannot say what I really think about this thread because I will get sanctioned by the moderators.
Why would you be sanctioned? I'm under the impression all the forum moderators subscribe to the whole "ex-gay" thing and the notion of "SSA" (it's called homosexuality, not SSA) and therefore you'd be covered. As for me, I'm the one who has to watch what I say, since those of us who don't believe in SSA and don't believe in "ex-gay" are always on the firing range and in the pin-hairs any time we post anything.
Old Oct 3, '11, 8:56 am
Book Club Member

Quote:
Why would you be sanctioned? I'm under the impression all the forum moderators subscribe to the whole "ex-gay" thing and the notion of "SSA" (it's called homosexuality, not SSA) and therefore you'd be covered. As for me, I'm the one who has to watch what I say, since those of us who don't believe in SSA and don't believe in "ex-gay" are always on the firing range and in the pin-hairs any time we post anything.
What is your agenda, please?
"The enemy held fast my will, and had made of it a chain, and had bound me tight with it. For out of the perverse will came lust, and the service of lust ended in habit, and habit, not resisted, became necessity." St. Augustine Confessions

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology