Catholic FAQ

We were unable to reach our goal for the summer but we have reached 98%
Please consider donating if you can and keep us in your prayers.

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Evangelization

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Nov 10, '11, 5:06 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default Incest abortion ok???

My friend used to be a sorta of borderline atheist/lutheran now he is closer to Christianity and ive been talking to him about abortion. He understands that its bad but he always uses abortion in the case of incest to argue with me. Were in highschool and he himself gets bullied alot sorta and he tells me that if this kid were to live people would pick on him and the kid would have to deal with all this suffering through no fault of his own if people found out his grandfather was his dad or something. I tell him well how do you even know that will happen but are some more good rebuttals.
Old Nov 10, '11, 5:29 pm
Banned

Default Re: Incest abortion ok???

As usual,

the simple answer is always overlooked for the sake of argument and selfishness.

Is it the childs fault?!

Should the child be punished with death by abortion because of this crime?!
Old Nov 10, '11, 6:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by perro sarnoso View Post
As usual,

the simple answer is always overlooked for the sake of argument and selfishness.

Is it the childs fault?!

Should the child be punished with death by abortion because of this crime?!
I find myself relying on this argument quite a bit.

"But think about how difficult it would be on the mother!!!!"
"Think about the possibilities of birth defects!!!!"
"Think about the social stigma!!!!"
"Think about how the child will feel when they find out the truth!!!!"

As far as I'm concerned, none of those arguments validate murdering the baby. There are other practical solutions to each of the questions (you can give the child up for adoption; plenty of children from non-incestuous relationships have birth defects and we don't murder them; there's no valid reason to ever advertise that your child was the result of incest; does a child really need to be told this?), but I think in any discussion of abortion, the basic argument of "does someone else's sin really justify the murder of an innocent baby?" needs to be one of the foundations.
Old Nov 10, '11, 8:17 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic no adjectives

If he is victimized by bullies does that mean his parents should have had him killed before birth to prevent that situation? hardly.

How is killing a baby going to help the mother recover from the incest? Or from an act of rape? How does a second act of even graver violence remedy the first violent assault?

If your father raped me, will I be helped and healed if I kill you, his innocent child?

A man commits a crime. Kill a baby. Where is the logic?
Old Nov 10, '11, 8:21 pm
Prayer Warrior

Murder is never OK. It destroys an innocent life that God created. End of story.
"Try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:10)

Read the Bible and study the Catechism.

Old Nov 14, '11, 12:10 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmatt View Post
Incest abortion ok???
Never!
Old Nov 15, '11, 2:35 am

If an embryo arises from such a union, then it did so under the supervision of God the Almighty and because our God is a gracious God, he will never give somebody more than they can take. The baby, though they will have to suffer from the sins of their parents, will still be in Gods hands. Aborting a child under ANY circumstance arises from a lack of faith in God 's power. He is in control over ANY human being's future, so happiness is attainable for even such an infant.
Old Nov 15, '11, 5:22 am

There is no,and there will never be,any,what so ever,excuse for abortion. God rules over life,not us. I am against abortion,death penalty and all form murder. God gives life,God takes life,simple. No excuse for that.
Old Nov 15, '11, 5:39 am

Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
Send a message via MSN to TradionalWay Send a message via Yahoo to TradionalWay Send a message via Skype™ to TradionalWay

There is one answer to this.... NO....

Doesnt matter what... Its still a human being

Ora pro nobis
Old Nov 17, '11, 4:12 pm

Quote:
My friend used to be a sorta of borderline atheist/lutheran now he is closer to Christianity and ive been talking to him about abortion. He understands that its bad but he always uses abortion in the case of incest to argue with me. Were in highschool and he himself gets bullied alot sorta and he tells me that if this kid were to live people would pick on him and the kid would have to deal with all this suffering through no fault of his own if people found out his grandfather was his dad or something. I tell him well how do you even know that will happen but are some more good rebuttals.
It would be better if the parents raised him and if the bullies killed him later and put him out of his misery so at least he wouldn't feel like his parents didn't want him. They could put the responsibility on the bullies, and not have to go to confession or anything.

We should just have a silly party!!! The whole world could get together and we could all just say silly things without having a clue what we are talking about.

The world is full of starving people. Maybe since fetuses aren't really human but they are full of protein we could use them to feed starving third world children whom somehow got past the abortion net we are casting. There was an excellent "Modest Proposal" written which offered a solution for these sorts of problems. When I have children, if they ever get depressed or bullied or just struggle at all, I can only recommend that we just put them out of their misery and give them a swift painless death. Once a person begins to suffer, then we know that they are no longer a person.
Old Nov 17, '11, 4:21 pm

Quote:
Does your friend wish he had been aborted because he gets bullied in school? How is your friend doing by the way? If he gets bullied or something, and he is saying these things, keep that in mind. I will be praying for the both of you to be supportive of each other and to be joyful. That is the most important thing, to be joyful about life. Christ died so that our joys may be complete. No matter how much a person suffers, God loves them in their suffering. Joy does not consist in avoiding suffering. It consists in knowing that one is loved by God, and that He is preparing each of us for greater joys when we always trust Him and act in accordance with what He teaches us, which is the supreme law of love. Be there for your friend, and if people continue to bully him, be there for him even more. One of my close friends was actually threatened by a bunch of punks at school yesterday. Don't you think I would be a really silly friend if I had said to him "Oh dear, I am so sorry! It's a shame you weren't aborted in the womb! Then you never would have had to experience all this suffering you are dealing with now! I'm so sorry for you! Maybe I can save up my money and buy a pistol for you so that you can end your misery!"

Do you get the point of how ridiculous the arguments your friend is entertaining are? Tell him that. What would he think if you said something like that to him when people were mistreating him?

Does this help at all?
Old Nov 19, '11, 1:52 pm

NO! NO! NO! Abortion is not ok in any way, shape, or form. It's not the baby's fault that it's father is screwed up. Everyone should have a shot at life. Besides, there are a lot of families out there that are willing to adopt.
Old Nov 19, '11, 5:54 pm

Religion: Latin Catholic leaning East

Understandable but definitely a no-go from our view.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Evangelization