Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Dec 27, '11, 4:32 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Bloy View Post
Thanks - I prayed that rosary for you. Also, try not to think about it too much, because you know how it is when you try not to think about something. The graces will come if you ask for them. Try to say a silent prayer for the soul of any girl you see who prompts the impulses you are trying to get under control. That will help form your interior in a good way, and will also be good for the other person!
I hope all of you have had a great Christmas.

Thank you very much. I have been doing this since you said so, great information. I've even gotten myself into a distracting paradox by trying to think about not thinking of it. Haha

It's not quite 2 confessions yet. I am counting in confessions as opposed to weeks, since this is entirely a spritual progression. None of you will fully understand how much your prayers have helped me, I beg you to continue to pray for me.

"God's hand is outstretched to you more anxiously than is possible for you to outstretch yours to His. Nothing can resist His force, remember this."

I now understand more clearly why I was previously unable to pick myself up again before confession when I fell, even though from a human point of view it should have been a "release". It was God, showing me the vanity of my pride. It's impossible, absolutely impossible to deliver myself from this sin. It was an error in my thinking to reason that it was possible for me to deliver myself with the help of God. When it's entirely and soely God who delivers.

Any past failures have been my own failures for denying and pushing away the hand of God who Matt Fradd said recently: "Is more anxious to save you, than a mother is to save her child from a burning building". In giving our whole selves to God, it is an impossibility of an impossibility to fall to this sin, as nothing can resist His force. I understand this more now than I ever could before, but I'm still in dire need of your help. Please pray for me.
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:58 am

Sorry to bump, please pray for me!
Old Jan 1, '12, 10:04 am

Religion: Catholic - Roman rite

Lord,

Sanctify Darran. Darran's body has been defiled and your temple in Darran is in ashes and destroyed, but WITH YOUR HELP! a NEW temple will be REBUILT!, a beautiful temple worthy of you LORD. A temple where YOU WILL always reside in. Darran's heart will be pure and open for YOU to reside in, Lord!.

Amen.
Old Jan 1, '12, 11:22 am

Religion: Catholic - revert in 1993

I control my libido with Paxil, which I take for depression and anxiety. I believe you can get it for the soul purpose of reducing the libido. It really works well!

3.5 million innocent children dying of starvation (in agony) yearly is a crime against humanity!

"Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
-John 12:25

Old Jan 1, '12, 12:56 pm
Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Sock View Post
I control my libido with Paxil, which I take for depression and anxiety. I believe you can get it for the soul purpose of reducing the libido. It really works well!
Real licorice also has a reducing effect on the libido.
Old Jan 4, '12, 3:34 pm

Sounds tempting, but that would mean me taking up pride again to want to deliver myself from the sin, as opposed to a complete reliance on God. Nothing learned, it would seem to be the devil wanting to cure a cold in exchange for cancer.

It might be good for someone else, I can't say, but definately, definately not me. Thank you for the advice in good faith anyway.
Old Jan 4, '12, 4:09 pm

Anima Christi, Sanctifica Darran
Corpus Christ, Salva Darran
Aqua Lateris Christi, Lava Darran
Sanguis Christi, Inebria Daran
Passio Christi, Conforta Darran

Dear Lord,

Please continue to Bless Darran, and guide him against temptations of sexual sins.

Amen
Old Jan 5, '12, 2:55 pm

Thank you very much.

Sorry to bump.
Old Jan 5, '12, 3:15 pm

I should maybe update. It has now almost been three confessions.

Never, ever, ever over my whole teenage years have I stayed pure for this long. The absolute surrender of the will to God is what it took me so many years to understand. Earlier on in the day today though, I became stupid again like what I tried to explain before. Not as bad as it used to be when I still thought I could do anything, I've been preserved from that very well, but I'm sorry to say that I saw a revealing picture in a related video on youtube and I clicked on it. I don't know why. The page didn't load, thank God. I don't know if I would have even watched it if it did, but the fact that I clicked on it I fear will set me up for a worse temptation.

Now all my family have gone back home, confession is on saturday and I'll be alone almost all day tomorrow. I need your prayers guys, all of your prayers are making a difference.
Old Jan 5, '12, 3:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran View Post
I should maybe update. It has now almost been three confessions.

Never, ever, ever over my whole teenage years have I stayed pure for this long. The absolute surrender of the will to God is what it took me so many years to understand. Earlier on in the day today though, I became stupid again like what I tried to explain before. Not as bad as it used to be when I still thought I could do anything, I've been preserved from that very well, but I'm sorry to say that I saw a revealing picture in a related video on youtube and I clicked on it. I don't know why. The page didn't load, thank God. I don't know if I would have even watched it if it did, but the fact that I clicked on it I fear will set me up for a worse temptation.

Now all my family have gone back home, confession is on saturday and I'll be alone almost all day tomorrow. I need your prayers guys, all of your prayers are making a difference.
Darran,

Here's some advice, if you feel tempted, and again feel tempted, turn off the computer, and start praying. Eventually you will be strong enough to close the picture or the video.
Old Jan 5, '12, 3:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patavium View Post
Darran,

Here's some advice, if you feel tempted, and again feel tempted, turn off the computer, and start praying. Eventually you will be strong enough to close the picture or the video.
That's great, I will do. I'll slam it off tomorrow if I need to. I have also remembered that tomorrow is a holy day of obligation, it would seem God put it on that day just for me, I would very unlikely have attempted to go to Mass otherwise.
Old Jan 5, '12, 4:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran View Post
That's great, I will do. I'll slam it off tomorrow if I need to. I have also remembered that tomorrow is a holy day of obligation, it would seem God put it on that day just for me, I would very unlikely have attempted to go to Mass otherwise.

Darran it's good to see your effort. It's not easy. It took the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Brown Scapular to get me over the temptation. Good Luck!

What holy day of obligation is January the 6th?
Old Jan 6, '12, 7:24 am

Thanks! It's the Epiphany, you Americans aren't cool enough to celebrate it on the 6th
Old Jan 7, '12, 12:01 am
Observing Member

I have the same problem as you, I find myself going to confession weekly just so I can receive the Eucharist. I'll pray for you and I hope that you will pray for me as well!
Old Jan 7, '12, 5:52 am
Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedkid18 View Post
I have the same problem as you, I find myself going to confession weekly just so I can receive the Eucharist. I'll pray for you and I hope that you will pray for me as well!
hi there welcome to the forum!
You are not alone in your struggles, both on earth and in heaven.
One of the good things about being Catholic is that we have more than just one friend in high places.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality