Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jan 1, '12, 7:28 pm
Banned

Religion: Catholic
Unhappy Need Prayers AGAINST an EVIL, EVIL, EVIL Woman at Work

Dear Friends,
previously I asked prayers "for" this woman.
I have also had masses said for this woman.
These things do not work.
I am asking that you all pray AGAINST this woman, Jane, at my job,
before she, evil monster that she is, causes ME to lose my job.
First of all, my job is precarious enough.
I am a psychiatric patient on panic attack medication, doing commission-sales work at a large department store in Housewares. My boss is hypersensitive about offending Jewish customers, so he has ordered me to stop saying "God bless you" or even "Bless you" to my customers. I have been asking God for help to help me make $200 above my base pay rate each week in TAKE-HOME commission (after deductions).
I ***need*** this amount, bare minimum, to take care of my bills and my elderly parents.
God knows I ***need*** this amount. Which amounts to at least a $450 a week take home pay. So, trying to get the sales I need, to make this amount, is nerve-wracking enough. When I fall short, I understandably feel like God is messing with me. After all, the customers are there, the mall is full, it's simply a matter of sending me a few of them.
My co-workers get them, and they don't even pray for God's help.
So what's going on here? Why do I usually fall far short of the bare minimum $450 I ***need*** to stay on top of things??? I don't get it. That, too, has my nerves on high edge. ON TOP OF THAT, I have to deal with this unbelievably ungodly, aggressive, bullying saleswoman Jane, who steals everyones customers, threatens bodily harm against co-workers who challenge her theft of our customers, and then tries to get us in trouble with our boss (who fawns over her cuz she opens lots of store credit card accounts for his department, which makes him look good) if we stand up to her.
I have tried praying for this evil, malicious, two-faced, hate-filled, greedy-to-the-hilt woman, praying, offering chaplets, offering masses, rosaries, Memorares, you name it, for her, as well as treating her kindly. She is an evil, two faced, malicious, BACKSTABBING wretch.
But she poses to the boss as Miss Company Policy of 2012, and sells like mad.
She falsely accuses me, to the boss, and gets a couple of other to do so too, of
refusing to take customer returns. I have never **refused** to do anything of the sort.
In 6 months on the job, I have pointed maybe three customers, in total, to the register for someone else to take their Return, because I was busy on the floor. This evil WITCH then went to the boss and told him that I refuse (as if this is something routine, when it is exceedingly, exceedingly, RARE) to take customer returns. What a demon incarnate.
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:09 pm
Banned

Red face Re: Need Prayers AGAINST an EVIL, EVIL, EVIL Woman at Work

CONTINUED FROM ORIGINAL POST ABOVE (my stinking AOL service cut me off, sorry).
Anyway, today started out well. Went to a lovely mass this morning.
Then came to work. Evil Jane was already there, two-facedly being "nice" to everybody, while grabbing all of everybody's business, etc. This is not aggressive selling (which I expect), no her ways are cruel, greedy and unethical.
Anyway, I have a boss who picks on me for saying "God bless you." and now forbids me to say it, or even "bless you," to any of my customers (explicitly, he fears offending Jews. I have never met any Jew who is offended by someone saying bless you to them, and I am 51 years old). This evil woman also slandered me to him, and my other co-workers by lyingly claiming that I refuse to take customer returns. She is trying to get me into trouble. I will, if fired, force the company to call up every sale and return done for the past 6 months of my employment, and they WILL provide it or ELSE, God help them,
and those records will put the lie to the evil claims of this demonized witch of a so-called human being. Anyway, this nice lady has me showing her around housewares and domestics after picking out a $100 milk frother. Finally, she asked me to go back to my register and hold her Milk Frother there, and she'd meet me there in a few minutes. So I did. Meantime, I rang up a gentleman who was purchasing a coffemaker. As I was finishing him, the nice lady walked up, with (expensive) sheets, pillows, and towels, and stood behind him. Evil, greedy Jane spotted her and the expensive sheets and stuck her fat nose into MY sale and asked the lady if she wanted to be rung up right away. Naturally, and not knowing that we work on COMMISSION, the lady said yes. So nosey, greedy, evil Jane grabbed for the frother. I snatched it and said, Jane, this is the sale I am working on, you are not taking my sale. Jane, to make me look bad in front of the customer, said loudlly, BUT SHE WANTS IT NOW!! I said again, Jane, I was helping this lady, I'll take care of her. Well, the LADY got offended at ME. So Jane took her down, rung her up (for the sale I HAD WORKED ON, evil filthy wretch), and then told the lady to report me to my manager, which she did. I could have got fired for this. In utter irony, my boss told JANE to tell me that a customer had complained about me. Remember, I am on panic attack medication as it is. I walked over and asked him what was going on, and he told me himself, as though **I** had caused it. No, evil, greedy Jane STEALING MY SALE is what caused it. I had had it. I told him "WHAT HAPPENED is that JANE stole my sale RIGHT OUT FROM UNDER MY NOSE and I challenged her." But that offended the customer. Jane did this ON PURPOSE, and I stepped right into her trap. I could have gotten fired over this. Customer complaints almost guarantee firing. Let me tell you all, even though I am a Christian, that if I **DO** get fired over this or anything else, so help me, I ***will*** see to it that all hell breaks loose at that company. The dirt I have on everyone, I will expose from "hell to breakfast." Out of revenge? No. But to let people know that I am THROUGH being walked on. It is OVER. DONE. KAPUT.
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:10 pm
Banned

Default Re: Need Prayers AGAINST an EVIL, EVIL, EVIL Woman at Work

PART THREE, FINAL, CONTINUED FROM ABOVE (and God bless you for reading all three posts dear people))

I am there to earn my pay so I can pay my bills and feed and help my elderly parents, NOT to tolerate being abused by Evil Jane. Moreover, Company Management KNOWS that Jane has repeatedly threatened bodily harm against fellow employees who crossed her. Even using racial epithets (skinny white ***, etc) when making the threats.
I talked to a lawyer, who told me that each time she has done this, she has already committed a crime, including what the govt considers "terrorism" for making threats of bodily harm on the job. So WHY is she still working there? This is intolerable, and I am the one who will end up getting fired for it.
So I am begging all of you for your help. I am no longer praying FOR this woman
(except for that she repent before she dies and avoid hellfire). I am praying AGAINST her, asking God, directly, to REMOVE HER COMPLETELY from my place of employment.
Do I want him to harm her? NO. But if it TAKES that, to protect me and the rest of us from her evil and bullying? Then YES, if it takes that. Better her than US. We are just trying to do our jobs and earn our paychecks. My co-workers other than her are very aggressive salespeople. I have lost sales to them, too, and lots of them. But I am not complaining about THEM. THEY are not unethical. AGGRESSIVE, yes. Bullying, malicious, thieving, backstabbing and unethical? NO. Not at ALL. Jane IS. And the company is letting her get away with it, partly because she opens around 10 to 15 new credit cards a week, which makes the managers look good. (( The FBI might be interested in HOW she claims to be opening some of those accounts, however, but since I only heard her claims thru the grapevine via hearsay, I have no evidence. But I HEAR that she CLAIMS to be opening SOME of them WITHOUT the customer's EXPLICIT permission)), using the company's phone while she is on company time.
If I lose my job, since the company knows of her unethical behavior in other ways, and of her crass bullying, and lets her get away with it, to MY detriment, then IF I lose my job, I will most certainly contact the FBI and let them know that they might want to look into her claims about how she opens some of the new credit card accounts.
I don't want to do any of this. But she is pushing me over the edge. I am at my wits end.
Please pray for me that God will get rid of this evil, bullying, aggressive, malicious woman from my place of employment. Save her soul? Yes, that too, but most imortantly, for my job's sake and my sanity's sake, that he GET RID OF HER for us.
I hate asking for something like that, and for prayers for something like that,
but this situation is INTOLERABLE and I cannot afford to lose my job, and in this job market, cannot afford to have to go job hunting again.
And if they fire me, so help me the Lord God, they are going to rue the day that they were even born, because I have "had it" up to my ears with being walked on.
I should never, ever, have tolerated it at any point in my life. But because I meekly tolerated being walked on for many years, I now "attract" that kind of treatment.
Please pray for me, thanks, God bless all of you,
and forgive me for my outrage, but I NEED your help and had to vent to SOMEBODY.
Please ask GOD to supernaturally intervene and PROTECT MY JOB NO MATTER WHAT HE HAS TO DO TO ***ANYONE***. Thank you and God bless you.
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:15 pm

Not only Jews but also unbelievers, atheists and agnostics might be offended by "God bless you" My Father-in-law was furious when I said that to him once. "I beg your pardon? he said with cold hostility

I think perhaps that such a competitive area of work is particularly unsuited to you
and I hope that more suitable, less pressured work will come your way soon.

For the beginning, may God help you to attain peace.
And may the Angels of God act in this work situation
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:18 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Byzantine Catholic ☦

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death

Amen
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:19 pm
Veteran Member

Religion: Christian

Praying...
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:36 pm
Banned

Um, you sound so full of hate. If I were you, I would try very hard to find another job. It's not worth this amount of anger and spite. And please don't pray to God to do "whatever it takes" to get this woman out of your life. It sounds like you are asking God to kill this woman.
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:41 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

1. You must follow the order and not say God Bless to the customers. I'm sorry, but it's true. You have been asked to stop and you must abide. You are working in a secular environment and the company can set some rules.

2. You cannot pray for something bad. God is all Good. Your prayers are not being answered because you are praying AGAINST her.

3. Stop thinking about revenge. Doing so only harms you.

4. In your spare time, look for another position while keeping this one.

5. I will pray for you to find another suitable position.

Loving God, you speak to us through all of life.

Help me to trust you and to trust that what you desire for me lies in the deepest part of my heart.

And, what you desire is that which allows me to grow and to be the person you created me to be - fully human and fully alive.

May I always center my life on you and hear joyfully your call to be your companion.

Help me to follow my desire to live my life as best I can and to serve others with the special gifts you have given me.

Amen.
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:44 pm

Lord Jesus, there is anger in my heart and I cannot root it out.

I know that I should calm down and offer the hurt and disappointment to You
but my emotion is running away with me.

Help me to overcome this weakness and give me peace of heart as well as mind.

Let me learn from this experience and grow into a better human being.

Amen.
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:46 pm

I will pray that you will get an opportunity for a better job. There is one of these at every retail job.
Old Jan 1, '12, 8:59 pm
Banned

Um, you sound so full of hate. If I were you, I would try very hard to find another job. It's not worth this amount of anger and spite. And please don't pray to God to do "whatever it takes" to get this woman out of your life. It sounds like you are asking God to kill this woman.

***If*** I have any hate, as you put it, it has been richly, more than richly, earned
by this vicious, evil woman. My friend Veronica at work warned me four months ago that this woman was EVIL. I told her, aw, no, she's not evil, she just goes to far sometimes, and Veronica told me, no, no, no, friend, SHE is EVIL. BELIEVE me.
I didn't believe her THEN, but over the months, I have come to see it all too clearly.
I sound so full of hate? YOU try dealing with this.
And thanks for the advice to try and find another job.
I worked my TAIL OFF to find THIS job for 2-1/2 hellish years of unemployment.
GOD helped me get this job. To up and quit it, expecting to find another one,
in my terrible economic situation, would be to TEMPT GOD. I ***will not*** do that.
Yes, I am asking God to do whatever it takes. I have tried and tried kindness, prayers for her, masses for her, and she just gets worse and worse, BECAUSE SHE KEEPS GETTING AWAY WITH IT. I am asking God to GET HER OUT OF ALL OUR LIVES, not to kill her. I, quite frankly, resent being told that I am the one who needs to be out looking for another job. NO. A thousand times, NO. I have not done anything to DESERVE what is going on there. SHE is the cause of it, not me. She. HER. ALONE.
Why should ***I*** have to up-end my life so that SHE can keep working there, raking in the cash by ABUSING all of her co-workers with the company's full knowledge????
Full of hate? YOU try walking in my shoes for a few days dealing with this malicious excuse for a woman. You might even lose your own religion over it.
And will I avenge myself (short of physical harm of anyone) if I am terminated because of a combination of my boss's bigotry and this evil woman's malicious lies? Your darned right I will. People need to know that they cannot stomp a person's face into the mud and get away with it, when he is just trying to do his job honorably.
I worked very hard to get good at selling. The unemployment situation GREATLY traumatized me. If I lose this job, I will have to be hospitalized, no ifs ands or buts, and believe me, I will make everyone involved pay dearly for subjecting me to that.
I am not full of spite toward anyone, and never have been. If I get fired, it will be due to the malice and spite of OTHERS, and I will not, ever again, tolerate that kind of treatment from ANYone.
God bless you anyway.
Old Jan 1, '12, 9:04 pm
Banned

2. You cannot pray for something bad. God is all Good. Your prayers are not being answered because you are praying AGAINST her.

Friend, please read the Psalms.
They, too, are FULLY inspired by the Holy Spirit,
there is no way around that fact,
and those same Psalms are CHOCK FULL of prayers
for God to get rid of one's malicious enemies.

I am not asking God to kill her, I am asking him to thwart this
harmful person's dastardly deeds and get her out of my life
unless and until she abjectly repents of her habitual, incredible MALICE.
And it is NOT a sin to do so.
Old Jan 1, '12, 9:07 pm

Please say the prayers I provided.

No one asked you to quit your job but, rather, look for another position while you retain the one you have.
Old Jan 1, '12, 9:07 pm
Prayer Warrior

Jay, I am sorry that you are having to put up with this. She definitely sounds like someone who is sadly spiritually lacking. The managers sound inept, and perhaps even corrupt. Though everything seems dark, please know that Christ is the light, and that NOTHING escapes God. He sees all, and knows all. Please rest assured that this woman and the managers are going to have to answer to God sooner or later. It may not be today, or tomorrow, but when they least expect it, God will seek recompense for their actions. God will also bless you for your sufferings.

I am going to pray for you, but you may also want to light a candle to each of the the three Archangels (Raphael, Michael, and Gabriel), and ask them to intercede on your behalf so that this woman will suddenly find a work situation far, far, away that she prefers, so that you won't ever have to see her again. Also pray for protection from evil for yourself.

In the interim, you may also want to look into getting a second opinion from another doctor re the medicine you are taking for your panic attacks. I am not an expert, but it may be that the medicine is not helping you at all, and that your stressful situation with this terrible woman and the inept managers is rendering the medicine useless. You may need to a brand name medicine (some generic medicines are not that great --- no matter what the drug company says) or another dosage of your current medicine. Again, I am not an expert, but it wouldn't hurt if you went in for another opinion.

As for blessing people. I remember once reading that Dr. Norman Vincent Peale (author: The Power of Positive Thinking) would bless people in his mind. The people don't have to know that they are the beneficiaries of you carrying out the love of Christ by your blessings. I usually do that, and I find peace in knowing that I am quietly carrying out the Love of Christ.

Finally, at the risk of sounding flippant (believe me I am not being flippant), you may also want to take a look at your diet. Sometimes coffee acts as a diuretic, and drinking coffee soon after taking your medicine can weaken its impact. Again, I am not an expert.

Please let us know how it goes.

Heavenly Father, in faith, I am thank You for bringing peace, joy, protection, and wonderful blessings to Jay and his parents. Thank You Lord for sending the Power and Glory of Your Holy Spirit to Jay, his parents, their home and all levels of their lives. Thank You Lord for placing Your Holy Spirit around Jay, so that he may feel the warmth of Your love and Your Glory. Thank You Lord for repealing any and all evil that may attempt to hurt Jay, his parents, their home or any level of their lives in any way. Thank You Lord for the Powerful and Glorious Blast of Your Holy Spirit in their lives. Amen.
Old Jan 1, '12, 9:09 pm
Banned

I will pray that you will get an opportunity for a better job. There is one of these at every retail job.

Thanks friend. This woman didn't always work in my department, you know.
She has worked in other areas of the second floor HOME Store.
And nearly EVERY SINGLE OTHER EMPLOYEE has told me what a horrible, monstrous, malicious, evil person she is. One lady, today, told me that when she would check her schedule and find out that Jane was scheduled to work with her that day,
she would invariable call in SICK because she absolutely REFUSED to work with this malicious woman.

I cannot understand why the company is tolerating this person there.
Because she sells a lot??? Even though, by threatening bodily harm to her
co-workers, she is committing felonies on company time??? I just don't get it.
Don't they understand that if she ever hauls off and slaps one of her co-workers, that
THEY, the managers, are FULLY LIABLE for her actions BECAUSE they have been explicitly told by several people, that she makes these grossly illegal threats???
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions