Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jan 16, '12, 12:59 pm
Banned

Religion: RC convert to Divine Science
Default Who was St. Issa? and Mossa?

I recently read a Buddist Monk written history of St. Issa (Jesus)...the history relates Our Lord Jesus Christ's life from age 13 to approx. 26 yrs...the history also includes Mossa (Moses)...this written history has been in their monasteries for thousands of years, as relayed to them by traveling merchants and lay monks...it was also proven to exist, exactly as copied, in several temples, to date...I would like to know if you read it and how you understood both St. Issa and Mossa.
Old Jan 16, '12, 1:07 pm
Banned
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic Christian Papist =)
Default Re: Who was St. Issa? and Mossa?

Here is the one on St. Issa. Looks weird. Kind of confusing.

http://lovepeaceandharmony.ning.com/...translation-by

I could not find the one on "St. Mossa", although I found references to it.

Looks like a really bad word of mouth copy of the life of Christ.

Interesting, although sad with how much it's in error.
Old Jan 16, '12, 2:49 pm
Banned

Religion: Cradle Catholic - Revert

Isa is also the Islamic name for Jesus.

Quote:
...this written history has been in their monasteries for thousands of years
Probably far far less.

The Quran was in written form around 632.

Quote:

It is a coincidence, but a beautiful coincidence, that Moses died in Kashmir and Jesus also died in Kashmir. I have been to the graves of both. The graves are ample proof, because those are the only two graves that are not pointing towards Mecca. Mohammedans make their graves with the head pointing towards Mecca, so in the whole world all the graves of Mohammedans point towards Mecca, and Kashmir is Mohammedan.

Last edited by Barbkw; Jan 16, '12 at 2:59 pm.
Old Jan 16, '12, 3:04 pm
Banned

Religion: Learning about Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingHands View Post
I recently read a Buddist Monk written history of St. Issa (Jesus)...the history relates Our Lord Jesus Christ's life from age 13 to approx. 26 yrs...the history also includes Mossa (Moses)...this written history has been in their monasteries for thousands of years, as relayed to them by traveling merchants and lay monks...it was also proven to exist, exactly as copied, in several temples, to date...I would like to know if you read it and how you understood both St. Issa and Mossa. Whoever is buried there is entombed more in the Jewish manner than Hindu or Muslim, which would be very odd for that region and that time.
Tales of St Issa have floated around Northern India among Hindus and Muslims for about 2,000 years. Some Muslims near Kashmir have been maintaining a tomb for about as long, and they claim to be the final resting place of St Issa. In that version of the story, He came back to India after the crucifixion and died there many tears later. This BBC article covers some information about the tomb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...nt/8587838.stm

Again, this is mostly local tradition, but it is intriguing. The idea of Jesus being in India from age 12 to 30 (sometimes quoted as 26) is feasible, but not proven. However, heavy strains of Upanishadic thought can be found in His teachings, but these too could be explained by His relationship with John the Baptist, who was likely an Essene, in which case, his thinking would have been mystical rather than that of a typical temple Jew of the time.

Anyway, there is no proof either way, but my intuition leans toward Him having been in India, but of course my religious background might lead me that way anyway. My gut tells me that in the course of the next 100 years or so, we will learn more about our past, and in the course, we will learn that the experience of God among us is trans-cultural.

Your friend
Sufjon
Old Jan 16, '12, 3:11 pm
Banned

Religion: Cradle Catholic - Revert

Quote:
Tales of St Issa have floated around Northern India among Hindus and Muslims for about 2,000 years.
Why would the Son of God be called a saint?
Old Jan 16, '12, 3:21 pm

Religion: Eastern Orthodox ~ Byzantine

From what I remember & understand is that only the Ahmadi muslims state that Jesus died in India & is buried there.

They also claim that Mary is buried in India as well next to Jesus.

Old Jan 16, '12, 5:25 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakasaki View Post
From what I remember & understand is that only the Ahmadi muslims state that Jesus died in India & is buried there.

Actually they claim that Mary is buried in Pakistan. There is a fence around the grave now though.

http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/resou...inpakistan.htm

Your friend,
Sufjon
Old Jan 17, '12, 5:16 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DihydrogenOxide View Post
Here is the one on St. Issa. Looks weird. Kind of confusing.

I could not find the one on "St. Mossa", although I found references to it.

Looks like a really bad word of mouth copy of the life of Christ.

Interesting, although sad with how much it's in error.
This is the written history from the author in 1887, as the translated manuscript of Jesus (St. Issa)...bottom line... as a Brahminic Buddhist. The centuries old manuscript was also investigated by Swami Abhedananda and in 1925 by Nicholas Roerich at Himis, a monastary in the Himalayas.

As you know, in the Jewish faith, boys of 12 to 13 are considered men, and some must marry!? In this written manuscript, which is hundreds of years older than the New Testament, says that Jesus left his home, to travel through the mountains and into India.

Jesus spent 6 years with the Brahmans of the Jainism caste, however, he incited their wrath and their sentence of death, because Jesus believed that the poorest caste of Brahmanism, the Sudras or working man, slaves...were entitiled to the salvation of the One Almighty GOD, except per Brahmanism, the sudras could not even hear the written words of GOD, at anytime, their whole lives.

I personally can feel how this would have gone against all Jesus knew about how His Father, GOD, sent His message of salvation to all humanity! Persons loyal to Jesus warned him and Jesus left the Jainism sect to begin his travel back over the Himalayas.

He arrived and stayed another, approx. 6 years, studied with a caste of Buddhists which had broken away from Brahmanism, for the basic same reasons...Brahmanism had changed to the point of being irreconcillable to Buddhist beliefs.

This was also the time, Jesus became a Saint or Teacher...he was known as St. Issa.
Old Jan 17, '12, 5:25 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufjon View Post
Tales of St Issa have floated around Northern India among Hindus and Muslims for about 2,000 years. Some Muslims near Kashmir have been maintaining a tomb for about as long, and they claim to be the final resting place of St Issa. In that version of the story, He came back to India after the crucifixion and died there many tears later. This BBC article covers some information about the tomb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...nt/8587838.stm

Again, this is mostly local tradition, but it is intriguing. The idea of Jesus being in India from age 12 to 30 (sometimes quoted as 26) is feasible, but not proven. However, heavy strains of Upanishadic thought can be found in His teachings, but these too could be explained by His relationship with John the Baptist, who was likely an Essene, in which case, his thinking would have been mystical rather than that of a typical temple Jew of the time.

Anyway, there is no proof either way, but my intuition leans toward Him having been in India, but of course my religious background might lead me that way anyway. My gut tells me that in the course of the next 100 years or so, we will learn more about our past, and in the course, we will learn that the experience of God among us is trans-cultural.

Your friend
Sufjon
Sufjon, apparently it has been investigated by two others, Swami Abhedananda and in 1925 by Nicholas Roerich, while at Himis. I know how impossible it may be today to get access from a monastary to review them today, but, if it proven to have been written by the buddhist monks history centuries ago...it must still be there today. I do not believe the tomb burial, though...
Old Jan 17, '12, 5:28 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbkw View Post
Why would the Son of God be called a saint?
The word/title of Saint is another term for Teacher, among the Buddhist. This caste was known as Brahman Buddhists, believing in One Almighty GOD.
Old Jan 17, '12, 5:31 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakasaki View Post

I had not heard this, nor is it in this written manuscript...it is interesting to note that the author calls Muslims...Musselmans. The translated history by the Buddhist lay monks is called The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ, by Nicholas Notovitch (1887), and re-translated by JH Connelly and L. Landsberg...
Old Jan 17, '12, 5:33 pm
Banned

Quote:
Actually they claim that Mary is buried in Pakistan. There is a fence around the grave now though.

http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/resou...inpakistan.htm

Your friend,
Sufjon
Really? This manuscript says nothing of Mary's life or her death?...
Old Jan 17, '12, 6:25 pm
Banned

Quote:
Really? This manuscript says nothing of Mary's life or her death?...
It's just local legend so far as I have ever been able to gather, although it's a very old legend. Many in that region tie the two stories together - St Issa and His mother. Neither story is a broad Hindu or Muslim belief, but shared by those in that region. I could not say either way about the veracity of the stories.

Your friend
Sufjon
Old Jan 17, '12, 6:35 pm
Banned

Quote:
Sufjon, apparently it has been investigated by two others, Swami Abhedananda and in 1925 by Nicholas Roerich, while at Himis. I know how impossible it may be today to get access from a monastary to review them today, but, if it proven to have been written by the buddhist monks history centuries ago...it must still be there today. I do not believe the tomb burial, though...
Hi LayingHands: I fully trust Swami Abhedananda, and no doubt he saw what he said he saw in regards to the manuscript. I know the monks who had them were terrified of being overrun by Christians, so I doubt if they'll ever own up to having them. As for the tomb, I really haven't seen an compelling evidence. Last year I wasted lots of time and money on the topic. I found sources that claimed to have credible evidence, but I didn't find any of it to be all that solid. In the end, I am left with only the ability to say "maybe so, maybe not."

Your friend,
Sufjon
Old Jan 17, '12, 7:11 pm
Banned

Quote:
Hi LayingHands: I fully trust Swami Abhedananda, and no doubt he saw what he said he saw in regards to the manuscript. I know the monks who had them were terrified of being overrun by Christians, so I doubt if they'll ever own up to having them. As for the tomb, I really haven't seen an compelling evidence. Last year I wasted lots of time and money on the topic. I found sources that claimed to have credible evidence, but I didn't find any of it to be all that solid. In the end, I am left with only the ability to say "maybe so, maybe not."

Your friend,
Sufjon
It is too bad because all Christians wonder about His lost years...and here is an ancient manuscript, as relayed by lay buddhist monks (great historians).

The other writings in this manuscript, has the history of Mossa (Moses)...he was Prince Mossa, the true, biological son of the Pharoah, and not Moses, son of Jewish parents, placed in the river, to save him...and found and raised by the Princess daughter of the Pharoah.

The Pharoah became angry when his son disobeyed him, and instead of returning back , once Prince Mossa had lead them out of Egypt, Prince Mossa decided to go with the Exodus Jewish peoples...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions