Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Feb 25, '12, 6:46 am

Religion: Christian
Default Re: Meet and Greet #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by penniadelaney View Post
Good morning to all:

I always wake up and thank the Lord for a beautiful day.

Have a blessed day.. NO BAD DAYS
Hello penniadelaney,

We will all be having good days too with you here to lift our moods with your positive attitude.

Hope to see you posting around

God bless

My faith doesn't die. It just... temporarily... breaks...
Old Feb 25, '12, 6:50 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

Hi. I've been Catholic all of my life,(70 years) went through 12 years of Catholic School & I do love my faith. I'm going to hang around here & read for a while..........get to know some of you & then I'll start sending messages. Hopefully, I'll have something interesting to say!!
Old Feb 25, '12, 6:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry188 View Post
Hello, Im Henry. My wife and I have been happily married for the last 22 years. We have three children ages 20 to 15. We have been actively involved in our church since marrige. She converted from Lutheran to Catholic 2 years after we were married and now is a Eucharistic minister. I am a lector and part of the church choir. My youngest son is the lead guitarist and my daughter is the lead vocalist in the choir. I often have questions about our faith and usually go on line to get answers and I ran into thiis site and thought it might be interesting. Thank you very much for the warm welcome!
Hey Henry,

You really are quite involved in the Church. Not just you but your family. That's nice to see. Maybe you, in all your experience could actually teach us a few things.

Have a good look around and see what topics you'd enjoy getting into. I'm guessing Traditional Catholicism. There are lots of devoted people here;

http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Take care

Old Feb 25, '12, 6:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane of Arc View Post
Hi. I've been Catholic all of my life,(70 years) went through 12 years of Catholic School & I do love my faith. I'm going to hang around here & read for a while..........get to know some of you & then I'll start sending messages. Hopefully, I'll have something interesting to say!!
Hi Jane,

That's a good idea to take on. Some people will lurk threads for a few days before even putting a word to their presence.

In that sense though, don't be too shy to speak.

God bless

Old Feb 25, '12, 8:01 am
Observing Member

Religion: Catholic

Hi! I am brazilian, lapsed catholic (like almost everyone over here), been back for 2 years... you are a great help! I am 45, married for 20 years with 3 kids.
Old Feb 25, '12, 8:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Vidal View Post
Hi! I am brazilian, lapsed catholic (like almost everyone over here), been back for 2 years... you are a great help! I am 45, married for 20 years with 3 kids.
Hi Sylvia,

Most answers about the Catholic faith and practices are answers and discussed here;

http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

God bless

Old Feb 25, '12, 9:09 am
Trial Membership

Religion: Roman Catholic
Smile MargarettaOR from Newfoundland Canada

Hi to everyone. I am married for 39 years. We have 2 daughters. We also have one grandson who lives with us. I was born Catholic but rarely attended church from the time I was 8 years old until after I got married at age 19. By age 18, I had very little knowledge of my faith and less belief. But the mercy of our God prevailed and in January of 1976 I witnessed a miraculous healing of my Aunt and 6 months later we moved to the community where she lived. Her healing convinced me that God was real and I was intrigued by her experience. She started bringing me to Mass and a few months later introduced me to a Catholic Charismatic Prayer group and I did the Life in the Spirit Seminars. I became so hungry for God and His Word and the Holy Mass also seemed so very awesome and beautiful and I still am aware of its Holy Beauty.
I know this was what totally redirected me and my whole life. I am very thankful and attribute this grace to the Divine Mercy devotion that I had as a child. We lived in a Polish community and our priests were from Poland and I think that is how we came to have a picture of the Divine Mercy in our Home long before this devotion was for a period of time prohibited by the Church and then reinstated by our Divine Mercy Pope Blessed JP II. The Immaculate Heart of Mary has also been a powerful source of ongoing conversion and renewal in my life. The Eucharist is my strength. All this from the Mercy of God in Jesus. I pray for you all and for me that we will continue to run the race until we receive the prize which is Jesus himself who is the joy of Heaven. It is He who has grasped us and who carries us as we struggle to convert moment by moment. God Bless!
Old Feb 25, '12, 9:14 am

Default Re: MargarettaOR from Newfoundland Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargarettaOR View Post
Hi to everyone. I am married for 39 years. We have 2 daughters. We also have one grandson who lives with us. I was born Catholic but rarely attended church from the time I was 8 years old until after I got married at age 19. By age 18, I had very little knowledge of my faith and less belief. But the mercy of our God prevailed and in January of 1976 I witnessed a miraculous healing of my Aunt and 6 months later we moved to the community where she lived. Her healing convinced me that God was real and I was intrigued by her experience. She started bringing me to Mass and a few months later introduced me to a Catholic Charismatic Prayer group and I did the Life in the Spirit Seminars. I became so hungry for God and His Word and the Holy Mass also seemed so very awesome and beautiful and I still am aware of its Holy Beauty.
I know this was what totally redirected me and my whole life. I am very thankful and attribute this grace to the Divine Mercy devotion that I had as a child. We lived in a Polish community and our priests were from Poland and I think that is how we came to have a picture of the Divine Mercy in our Home long before this devotion was for a period of time prohibited by the Church and then reinstated by our Divine Mercy Pope Blessed JP II. The Immaculate Heart of Mary has also been a powerful source of ongoing conversion and renewal in my life. The Eucharist is my strength. All this from the Mercy of God in Jesus. I pray for you all and for me that we will continue to run the race until we receive the prize which is Jesus himself who is the joy of Heaven. It is He who has grasped us and who carries us as we struggle to convert moment by moment. God Bless!
That's beautiful Margaretta,

Nice to have you here at CAF

A lot of people have such far back and passionate experiences that you speak of about their walk in faith.

I'd love to hear from you and see you grow ever further in your life with Christ.

God bless

Old Feb 25, '12, 9:26 am
Banned

Religion: christian

very proud to join..thanks & shalom everyone
Old Feb 25, '12, 9:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleebab View Post
very proud to join..thanks & shalom everyone
Welcome in Fleebab,

We are very proud of our members, and I'm sure you'll become as ripe as they are in Catholic Teaching.

Take care

Old Feb 25, '12, 9:49 am
Trial Membership

hi i hope you will be fine
Old Feb 25, '12, 9:51 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim101 View Post
hi i hope you will be fine
Hello Kim

I hope you find all the answers you've come in search for.

Take care

Old Feb 25, '12, 11:24 am
Trial Membership

Smile Re: Meet and Greet #83

Hello Everyone! I am a 32 year old returning Catholic. I live in Dallas TX, single with 2 dogs. I am here to grow in faith with other Catholics. God is good!!!
Old Feb 25, '12, 11:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em A Lee View Post
Hello Everyone! I am a 32 year old returning Catholic. I live in Dallas TX, single with 2 dogs. I am here to grow in faith with other Catholics. God is good!!!
Hi Em A Lee,

It's nice to have yet another lamb come back to the Church. I love doggies.

Enjoy your posting and forum chat

God bless

Old Feb 25, '12, 12:24 pm
Observing Member

Smile Re: Meet and Greet #83

Just wanted to say "Hello" from Beaufort, SC
I'm a member of St. Peter Catholic Church and a member of KofC
Michael O'connor Council 5026.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence