Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Concierge Desk > Help! How does CAF work?

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Feb 4, '12, 3:22 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via Yahoo to Anathama Sit
Arrow What does this mean? Security token is missing....

Greetings to Catholic Answers Forum,

A bit of background. My new computer is being repaired and I won't be getting it back until the end of this month. So now I am posting to Catholic Answers Forum from a computer that is running Windows98 and a very much older version of IE.

Now I have noticed that when I post using the quote feature, or return a personal message that quotes the orginal personal message sent to me, or at other random times I will get frequently this box that pops up.

It says that This message cannot be submitted because there is a security token missing. If I got this unexpectedly, I am to notify an admin.

Now I never have gotten this message on my other computer. So I think the fault lies with this present computer.

What in the world is happening? And what can I do to fix it? Has anyone ever had this problem with Catholic Answers Forum.

And there are other times where when I send a personal message it will submit it multiple times or when I have posted on other profile pages it will keep posting the message over and over. And when I go to delete it, the message keeps reappearing.

Thank you for your time.
God Bless.
Anathama Sit
Old Feb 4, '12, 3:25 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Default Re: What does this mean? Security token is missing....

Oh I meant to also say in the first post, when I go to edit my posts, I get the same box that pops up or it goes to an empty page, and does not load.

I also cannot copy text and post it becuase it either cuts off the text or turns into garble that looks like what is posted below.

I*999 can&*#F do this. [Something like that, and it is annoying me.] Any ideas on these two things as well.

I sure do miss using the quote and multi-quote feature but that box pops up so much when I do so.
Old Feb 4, '12, 7:58 am

Religion: Überzeugter Katholik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathama Sit View Post
Greetings to Catholic Answers Forum,

A bit of background. My new computer is being repaired and I won't be getting it back until the end of this month. So now I am posting to Catholic Answers Forum from a computer that is running Windows98 and a very much older version of IE.
That is so cool. I would love to use such a computer again. The errors you are experiencing are likely due to the old version of IE (IE 5 I guess) that you are using. The Internet has greatly evolved and most modern websites would normally not work properly on IE 7 and below.

Why don't you try to install a lightweight modern browser like Chrome or Opera. I say try because these browsers are recommended for machines running XP and above.

"Wer mit dem Katholizismus nicht einverstanden ist, der soll protestantisch oder atheistisch werden, aber nicht versuchen, ihn durch Reformen zu verunstalten" P. Feyerabend

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!
Old Feb 4, '12, 8:11 am

And a tip for you: Just be careful when surfing with that computer. Browser security is a serious issue today. What you are using is just too old and doesn't have modern security mechanisms that would automatically prevent certain threats like phishing.

"Wer mit dem Katholizismus nicht einverstanden ist, der soll protestantisch oder atheistisch werden, aber nicht versuchen, ihn durch Reformen zu verunstalten" P. Feyerabend

Old Feb 4, '12, 11:03 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Greetings KevinF,

I am very careful of what I do surf on this computer. Basically it is CAF and email and to check other things that I think that are safe. Not much searching done on here.

Thank you so much for your input.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit
Old Feb 4, '12, 11:19 am

Religion: Angry but practicing Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinf View Post
And a tip for you: Just be careful when surfing with that computer. Browser security is a serious issue today. What you are using is just too old and doesn't have modern security mechanisms that would automatically prevent certain threats like phishing.
Mmm, something like that, I don't think it would be compatible with most modern anti-virus software. I used to skimp on AV software because I was too frugal with my money, and I ended up with my desktop getting destroyed due to viruses. I'm much more careful now, regardless of the cost to buy and license the software, plus I found an awesome but reasonable priced AV suite, namely, AVG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Angela: "I don't believe in the Devil."

John Constantine: "You should. He believes in you." -- "Constantine"
Old Feb 5, '12, 3:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathama Sit View Post
Greetings KevinF,

I am very careful of what I do surf on this computer. Basically it is CAF and email and to check other things that I think that are safe. Not much searching done on here.

Thank you so much for your input.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit
You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix Refugee View Post
Mmm, something like that, I don't think it would be compatible with most modern anti-virus software. I used to skimp on AV software because I was too frugal with my money, and I ended up with my desktop getting destroyed due to viruses. I'm much more careful now, regardless of the cost to buy and license the software, plus I found an awesome but reasonable priced AV suite, namely, AVG.
Well, there are quite a good number of free antivirus softwares out there. In fact, they are the most used. E.g Avast Free (most popular worldwide), Microsoft Security Essentials (most popular in North America), AVG Free....

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Concierge Desk > Help! How does CAF work?