Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Feb 15, '12, 9:14 am
Trial Membership

Religion: Universalist
Default Re: Non Catholics stand with your Catholic Brothers.

Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, Universalist- we all believe in one God, his Son the Saviour, and the power of the Holy Spirit, as the Holy Trinity. We are brothers and sisters in this and should stand together against the evils of temptation and guide others to join us. Our duty is not to proclaim arrogant superiority over one another- it is to join hands and walk together to God's divine side. We are all children, we are all weak and we are all striving to become better. Together we make up one in seven people on the globe- we are an international family, and though we have our differences, we must remember through Christ we are united with each other and God. Hence we should stand together when one denomination is threatened, for if we do not aid our brothers, who will come to help us when we need it?
Old Feb 15, '12, 10:09 am

Religion: Lutheran LCMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwell View Post
Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, Universalist- we all believe in one God, his Son the Saviour, and the power of the Holy Spirit, as the Holy Trinity. We are brothers and sisters in this and should stand together against the evils of temptation and guide others to join us. Our duty is not to proclaim arrogant superiority over one another- it is to join hands and walk together to God's divine side. We are all children, we are all weak and we are all striving to become better. Together we make up one in seven people on the globe- we are an international family, and though we have our differences, we must remember through Christ we are united with each other and God. Hence we should stand together when one denomination is threatened, for if we do not aid our brothers, who will come to help us when we need it?
This is so true.
Old Feb 15, '12, 4:11 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: LCMS President Responds to Obama's "Compromise" on HHS Regulations

Amen
Old Feb 15, '12, 4:40 pm

Default Re: LCMS President Responds to Obama's "Compromise" on HHS Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuspsr View Post
Amen

Old Feb 20, '12, 10:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui est ce View Post
You think it's an agenda to reduce the population? We'll be in big trouble if the population decreases.
I hadn't thought of this. I think it's more just plain, blatant evil. It could be an agenda, it might not. Don't know. Whatever the reason, it must stop, for the sake of love, life and freedom to love God as He asked us to.
Old Feb 21, '12, 3:08 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix1912 View Post
I do find it interesting that BC and abortions are free, WHY those specifically?
Because, like jihadists, the people behind this "love death as much as you love life" that's why.
Old Feb 22, '12, 5:51 am

Religion: Cafeteria Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwell View Post
This is how I view things as well!!!!
Old Feb 22, '12, 8:12 am
Banned

Religion: christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontknow View Post
This is how I view things as well!!!!
Yes in every place where Christ is proclaimed and His gospel message is preached there are those hot, lukewarm and cold. They sit in pews around us all. Christ knows those who have been reborn. Those are the salt and light to those around them...We are to be ready in season and out to share the message of Christ to those in our sphere..It's not about who's in the "right" church, it's about JESUS..Together we ALL
lift up HIS name..He says if I will be lifted up I will draw all men unto Himself..ALL who are in Christ are sealed by the same Holy Spirit..Man can say we are "separated" but in reality we are not. You are either "In Christ" or your not...
Old Feb 24, '12, 1:17 pm

Religion: Catholic - new convert - 1 yr. 4 months

I too believe all Christian churches should join Catholics to oppose this really draconian HHS bill/mandate. I've been researching the 501C3 tax exemption status and it seems that just about all mainline churches, Catholic and protestant, are 501C3 and tax exempt, but the catch is that churches, by acquiring this status, agree not to criticize government, politicians or anything political. However, we don't have to sign on to 501C3 to be tax exempt. Churches are automatically so. I don't know yet about hospitals, clinics, etc. Google "Woe to State Churches", "Do Churches need 501(c)(3) Status" and 501c3 Q and A, parts 1 & 2. I just printed them out and am reading them now but would like some feedback.
Also, I just read an article printed out for me by a friend in the Catholic church I go to. It's from Crisis Magazine, "The Coming Age of the Laity" by Christopher Manion. The author quotes Pope Benedict who said that our consensus worldview in America shaped by faith and ethical principles is eroding "...significantly in the face of powerful new cultural currents which are not only directly opposed to core moral teachings of the Judeo-Christian tradition, but increasingly hostile to Christianity as such." And the Pope calls on Catholic laity to fill in the charity gap. Manion also says that compromise is not possible with the angel of death.
What do you think?

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice