Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Feb 15, '12, 3:58 pm

Default Re: Please I am begging you for your prayers.

You, your mother and the rest of your family will be in my prayers. May God guide your heart and mind and give you courage and peace in your difficulty.
Old Feb 15, '12, 4:40 pm
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via Yahoo to Anathama Sit

Greetings Splagchizomia, Irishmom2, LittleHannah, Pete44, Mommyof4, Angierabbit2012, E_7, Christ138, Tbcrawford, ChibiViolet, Isabella13, OCCathFemale, Fin, Anodos, Northernstar, MS_SURVEYOR, Lily71, NKBeth, Amiciel, Peggy in Burien, YPat, Durganandra, DeniseNY, 77stanthony77, Usmaedchen, Politca, Brenda4God, Hazcompat, Randirhoardes, Sparrowhawk28, Little One0307, TrueLigtht, Little One0307's friend, all of my friends and family who are praying for this intention, and for anyone else who is praying for my mother elsewhere on Catholic Answers Forum or off forum.

[THIS IS THE UPDATE FOR FEBRUARY 15, 2012]

Yesterday morning the calls began to flood in. Some of my family and friend could not understnad why I have chosen to allow Life Support to continue. I spent yesterday besides taking examinations and praying, listening to the reasons why they did not understand why I was choosing to continue life support. Some hurtful things were said that pierced me to the heart. Things like: If I loved my mother, I would not continue the life support, I would end her life. If I was truly interested in my family I would do what it wants. [My family is split, and I am thankful that the decision does not lie with them.] The worst remark is, I can't believe you Catholics always wanting to respect life, you don't even care if someone is suffering, just keep them avlive. It was hard, but in spirit, I felt I was to remain silent. And all of these conversations ended in the same manner, I don't agree with what you are doing, but I'm glad to get that off of my chest. YOu know what got me through yesterday morning - I remembered Jesus at the Cross and how he was taunted and ridiculed and thought to be crazy and Mary as well. They remained silent all that time, loving perfectly. I remained silent with the help of God's grace and loved very imperfectly.

Fast forward to High Noon yesterday. The nurses put on Holy Mass on EWTN.. I had asked them to watch for any interaction. Now rewind a couple weeks ago. For those who have not read this, I have been sharing with my Mom about the Catholic Church. She asked me When do I feel closest to heaven. I replied the Moment of Consecration in the Holy Mass, because Jesus becomes Truly present in the Bread and Wine which are changed into His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. It is a rechoing of the Incarnation, God coming down on earth. Heaven is united with earth in Adoration and Praise of Jesus the God Man. Well the nurses said at the Moment of Consecration in the Holy Mass my mother had tears streaming down her face. How is this possible when someone is in a coma?? For me it is sign enough, I am very thankful I did not pull life support. I told this to my SD/Confessor and he thought it was interesting that it happened right at Consecration. My mother is still in a coma.

Well fastforward to yesterday afternoon. More calls come in that were like yetserday mornings. I felt only more resolved to not pull life support. There are some in my family who are very grateful and have told me that they are glad that I am seeing this through and not caving into the pressures put on me by some people. They ask me what strengthens my resolve when I am so weak, I told them it is the prayers of others and of God's grace that is pulling me through.

On top of everything I have come down with the flu, but that is minor compared to what is going on. I am doing well on my examindations I feel. I did get a couple of hours of sleep that is much needed.

Again thank you so much for the prayers. On behalf of my family, my mother, and my friends, please continue your prayers.

@Isabella13 - I have that particular picture of Our Lady in my room, it is my favourite of Our Lady. I have been looking at it quite often and praying to Our Lady of the Angels during this ordeal.
@E_7 - I thank you for the Rosary and it touches me very much that you wish to pray it daily. I am gladdened for this is a greater good that is coming out of all of this.

I thank you for you guys taking the time out to write in this thread and to pray for Mom at Mass and during your private prayers. I am blessed to have friends and caring friends like you. Thank you. Please continue to pray. My apologies for being so late on the update for yesterday.

God Bless,
Anathama Sit
Old Feb 15, '12, 4:48 pm

Religion: On the spiritual path...again!
Send a message via MSN to Kouyate42

I shall pray a duaa for you tonight!

Nothing is more dangerous than a dogmatic worldview - nothing more constraining, more blinding to innovation, more destructive of openness to novelty.
-Stephen Jay Gould

Old Feb 15, '12, 4:50 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
And Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Old Feb 15, '12, 5:13 pm

Red face Re: Please I am begging you for your prayers.

[quote=Anathama Sit;

Fast forward to High Noon yesterday. The nurses put on Holy Mass on EWTN.. I had asked them to watch for any interaction. Now rewind a couple weeks ago. For those who have not read this, I have been sharing with my Mom about the Catholic Church. She asked me When do I feel closest to heaven. I replied the Moment of Consecration in the Holy Mass, because Jesus becomes Truly present in the Bread and Wine which are changed into His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. It is a rechoing of the Incarnation, God coming down on earth. Heaven is united with earth in Adoration and Praise of Jesus the God Man. Well the nurses said at the Moment of Consecration in the Holy Mass my mother had tears streaming down her face. How is this possible when someone is in a coma?? For me it is sign enough, I am very thankful I did not pull life support. I told this to my SD/Confessor and he thought it was interesting that it happened right at Consecration. My mother is still in a coma.

God Bless,
Anathama Sit[/QUOTE]

What a testimony to the Mercy of GOD!
Your Mom sensed our Lord's Presence with her, just like EVERY Catholic does at Holy Mass and before the Blessed Sacrament in Adoration!

My Bible study group prayed for you and your Mom today and my prayer group shall pray tomorrow as well.

Take care of yourself A.S...doctor that flu!

Dear Lord Jesus
Please bless this family with Your mercy and grace.
Give them strength and help them to be strong and united during this sorrowful time. Please bless A.S. with a healthy body and a peaceful spirit.
Continue, Dear Lord to keep this family strong in their faith and their trust in You...For You, Dear Lord are our HOPE.
We ask ALL these things through Christ, Our Lord
Amen

A.S.
I would like to share this prayer with you. It was written by my Monsignor, I think it is beautiful...I'm sure you will too!

Dear Jesus,
You Who said "Ask and ye shall receive"
I would ask for what You will NOT deny
My loving wish is to believe
in the real Presence of Your Body and Blood
Soul and Divinity
At Holy Mass
I know You have said "Unless you eat My Body and drink My Blood,
you have no life in you"
I humbly and sincerely ask this gift of belief
So I may fulfill Your Will
Be happy and at true peace on Earth
And that this Body and Blood of Yours
Lead me through life to You
Forever, in Heaven
Amen

written by: Monsignor Lawrence Luciana

"Out of the depths I have cried to Thee, O Lord... hear my voice."
Mother Mary for us...please!
Old Feb 15, '12, 5:31 pm
Forum Master

Dearest Anathama Sit, God bless you for all that you are doing for your mom...I remember a Priest saying that man's ways are different than God's ways.

Continued Prayers for your mom, family, and you.

Praying for the intercession of Blessed Pope John Paul II. Amen.

Oh Blessed Trinity, We thank you for having graced the Church with Pope John Paul II and for allowing the tenderness of your Fatherly care, the glory of the cross of Christ, and the splendor of the Holy Spirit, to shine through him.

Trusting fully in your infinite mercy and the maternal intercession of Mary, he has given us a living image of Jesus the Good Shepherd, and has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life and is the way of achieving eternal communion with you.

Grant us by his intercession, and according to your will, the graces we implore, hoping that he will soon be numbered among your saints. Amen.

Praying for the intercession of St. Lidwina of Schiedam. Amen.

Praying for the intercession of Servant of God, Audrey Marie Santo ("Little Audrey"). Amen.

http://it.gloria.tv/?media=42208

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svoMXl3GZKE

God be with you,

goforgoal
"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old Feb 15, '12, 6:19 pm

My dear thieving friend,

Continuing with prayers for your mom, family, and you.

Tears during the Consecreation! Oh, my, oh, my! Geeez, I got goosebumps when I read that.

Take heart, my friend. We are with you. Take care of yourself.

Your unabashed purloining friend,

Asia
Old Feb 15, '12, 7:19 pm
Veteran Member

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
And Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Old Feb 15, '12, 7:23 pm
Prayer Warrior

"Father, you do not protect us against catastrophes but in them you come to our aid. It is in the very midst of the tempest and misfortune that a wonderful zone of peace, serenity and joy bursts in us if we dwell in your grace.You do not help us before we have helped ourselves, but when we are at the end of our resources you manifest yourself, and we begin to know that you have been there all the time."
-Louis Everly

Remember, O most loving virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto you, O virgin of virgins, our mother. To you we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O mother of the Word incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me.
"Lord Jesus, in times of trial and temptation, be my strength and consolation. Teach me not to fear the darkness, but rather draw me to your light. For it can only be in darkness that you will become my light and in your light that I may bring the light of healing to all I meet." - George Maloney
Old Feb 15, '12, 7:25 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Hi Anathema, I continue to pray for your mom. I'll be remembering her and your intentions as always later at daily Mass. God bless you always.

Pray for the holy souls in purgatory daily
Pray for the dying, especially those dying unprepared

All are born with their own originality, but many die as photocopies. - Carlo Acutis
Old Feb 15, '12, 9:52 pm
Prayer Warrior

Dear Anathama Sit,

My heart is heavy for you and your family. I offer three rosary's of prayer for your intention.

I too was faced with a decision to remove a son from life support. My decision was not to do so. I prayed to God and asked him if he wanted our son, that it was his perfect and Holy will. I left this in God's hands. Within a short time He came to take our precious son to Heaven. To this day, I find comfort in the decision I made. Trust in God and lean on Him and He will give you rest. He is with you now.

Jesus, I Trust in You...Jesus, I Trust in You...Jesus, I Trust in You. Amen

God Bless! You always
Old Feb 15, '12, 11:06 pm

Wow, A.S.

Continued prayers!
Moved with pity (splagchnizomai), he stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, "I will; be clean." (Mk 1:41)
Old Feb 16, '12, 12:38 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic, "and loving it."

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Amen.

PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo.
Amen.

AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus.
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen.

GLORIA PATRI, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto.
Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum.
Amen.

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Amen.

“Experience teaches that the man who exercises a frequent and rigid censorship over his thoughts, words and actions, is better capable of hating and avoiding evil and of cultivating earnestly what is good”
- St Pius X
Old Feb 16, '12, 1:14 am
Forum Elder

Dear Anathama, I believe you are doing the right thing in waiting. Your mother is not suffering any pain. I believe it is wise to wait, because once someone pulls the life support, then there is no going back. I've faced this, too, although I wasn't as young as you. I feel so sorry for you having to deal with this at such a young age. However, I know you, as the rest of us do, too, as a very level headed young man. You have your heart and mind so close to Jesus, that I know and trust He will lead you to the right decision at the right time. You tell us you feel peace right now (aside from the flu), and I do believe it is Our Lord's Peace. He is giving you a dose of just what you need right now. I think the flu might be part of His Will, and not coincidental, because, while it makes you feel miserable, it also is a good reason not to be hopping a jet and making for the States.

Still praying for you, your Mom, and your family. Also, sending my shoulder for you to cry on if need be.

with love,
Peggy, Queen of Titan and the Outer Planets, Empress of the Outbound Stars
Old Feb 16, '12, 2:46 am

Religion: Presbyterian with Catholic sympathies

Your mother appointed you as her attorney because she knew you would do what she would have wanted. If she had wanted anyone else to make the decision then she would have appointed them too. So be confident about this.
The doctors say she is not in pain so you are not prolonging the pain.
I pray to God that He will give you resolve and that He will take care of your mother. I pray to God to give you the strength to deal with those upsetting calls.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions