Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Family Life

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Feb 24, '12, 3:22 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Caught myself looking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasinChrist View Post
Hello all,

This will be short. Today when my wife was in the shower I walked into our bathroom to get the dental floss and I saw her shaving her legs through the glass doors. Before I even could think about it I felt aroused by the sight of her nude body in the shower! I got very amorous and felt a strong urge to have sex with her. But I have to admit it was not to make a baby and become closer to her, it was because she was a real fox and I wanted to "be with" her! Is it wrong that I think lustfully of my wife (12 years this March) this way? I think I read in Christopher West's book that I need to crucify my lustful thoughts? That sex is for unity and babies but not really just to scratch an itch? I love my wife and she is a babe, but maybe I am wrong in thinking this way?
You're kidding, right? I see you're a new poster. This wouldn't be a bait post would it? If it isn't I hope you got in the shower too. If it is, well I won't say because I'll get a red flag from the umpire.
Old Feb 24, '12, 3:52 pm
Banned

Send a message via MSN to John21652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serap View Post
David Bekham has always been my "weakness" and the billboard keeps flipping to different poses in his underwear. All I have to do is look out the window and there's David

I have to admit though that looking at attractive people inspires me to be healthy. It motivates me to work-out and eat healthy.
Get a grip girls!

I need to ask you something.

David Beckam is gradually covering himself in tattoos. As a man I find tattoos very disfiguring. Interesting, but disfiguring. And I have these horrible visions of tattooed people in old age, not looking so tough any more and with their tattoos hanging down around their ankles. It always makes me wonder whether a person who gets so many actually likes themselves. After all, if you like your own God given body, why spoil it by covering it with inked pictures? And I gotta say, a woman with tattoos sets off alarm bells in my head. Her attractiveness is diminished.

Don't tattoos spoil David Beckam's look?
Old Feb 24, '12, 3:56 pm
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John21652 View Post
Get a grip girls!

David Beckam is gradually covering himself in tattoos. As a man I find tattoos very disfiguring. Interesting, but disfiguring. And I have these horrible visions of tattooed people in old age, not looking so tough any more and with their tattoos hanging down around their ankles. It always makes me wonder whether a person who gets so many actually likes themselves. After all, if you like your own God given body, why spoil it by covering it with inked pictures? And I gotta say, a woman with tattoos sets off alarm bells in my head. Her attractiveness is diminished.

Haha, I'll have to agree about tattoos. I'm not a huge fan of them either, but to each their own I suppose!
Old Feb 24, '12, 4:48 pm
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest88 View Post
This HAS to be a joke. That was my first thought. ..."
Yep, I agree. That was my first thought too.
Old Feb 26, '12, 3:00 am

Quote:
Get a grip girls!

My late father-in-law was in the navy in WWII sitting on some scow out in the Pacific for about 23 months. He and his fellows got ashore somewhere and he got a tat of a Fighting Seebee on his left forearm. When I first met him in 1971 it was clearly discernable. When he passed away 4 years ago it was a blue blob. In other words, the ink migrated over time into a non-discernable ink blot.

By the time Beckham reaches 80 his skin will be a blob of ink. Of course, he may not care what he looks like by then.
Old Feb 26, '12, 3:21 am
Banned

Religion: Catholic Christian

Quote:
Get a grip girls!

John, your not jealous here are you? You seem to wanna distract the ladies from the fact that someone is good looking..

anyway.. I don't like pictures of anyone wearing underwear in public, unless they are on the beach - and the beach is not for people who don't know how to concentrate on faces instead of peoples private parts.. The body should only be seen by one self and the spouse alone.
Old Feb 26, '12, 4:48 am

I think the OP's best point of reference is to go speak to a priest who may help him discern what kind of thoughts he was having. I would also like to point out, however, that having a thought is not sinful accepting and lingering on it is.

I think it's good to question the morality of our actions, and that a spirit cannot grow without questioning the motives and nature of their actions, however it is important not to become scrupulous.
Old Feb 26, '12, 5:15 pm

Quote:
Get a grip girls!

I'm not a big tattoo fan, but he's still really cute. I've been a fan of his since Man United

Old Feb 26, '12, 5:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debora123 View Post
Tee hee!

This is going to sound really cliche, but I think the 2 guys from Twilight are very attractive. I tend to like the younger/innocent look... which is perfect because it fits my husband's appearance to a tea!

And yes, it's always good to be motivated by seeing healthy, fit people. Seeing Megan Fox makes me want to take VERY good care of my self... speaking of which, I still need to hit the gym tonight!
I thought Megan Fox was gorgeous until she had plastic surgery. Now she just looks...well...plastic and fake.

Kate Upton...now I am super jealous of her!!!

Old Feb 26, '12, 6:16 pm
Banned

Quote:
I thought Megan Fox was gorgeous until she had plastic surgery. Now she just looks...well...plastic and fake.

Kate Upton...now I am super jealous of her!!!
Megan Fox got surgery?

Last I heard she was still all naturale. What did she have done?
Old Feb 26, '12, 6:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debora123 View Post
Megan Fox got surgery?

Last I heard she was still all naturale. What did she have done?
her whole face is re-done...google before and after pics and you'll see for yourself. She was gorgeous before the surgery...

Old Feb 26, '12, 6:26 pm
Banned

Quote:
her whole face is re-done...google before and after pics and you'll see for yourself. She was gorgeous before the surgery...
I guess I see what you mean...

Though I must say she was gorgeous then and she's gorgeous now, IMHO. Lol, I have no complaints on her looks, only that she makes me so jealous!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Family Life