Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Vocations

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Feb 21, '12, 5:41 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: catholic
Default confused

i've recently been hit with this feeling of ...that i should be a nun.and for some reason leave my husband.. i have like this nervous gut feeling..
but can't seem to understand if this is really what God wants me to do.. or if it is simply satan trying to get me divorced... ugh
or if he is just that i want my husband to understand and pray with me more
or if it is time for us to have a baby..
i'm stressing myself out... and i'm praying that i get the right message.
Old Feb 21, '12, 5:45 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jw View Post
i've recently been hit with this feeling of ...that i should be a nun.and for some reason leave my husband.. i have like this nervous gut feeling..
but can't seem to understand if this is really what God wants me to do.. or if it is simply satan trying to get me divorced... ugh
or if he is just that i want my husband to understand and pray with me more
or if it is time for us to have a baby..
i'm stressing myself out... and i'm praying that i get the right message.
I don't think it would matter if you were divorced - you would have to get an annulment in order for any orders to consider accepting you.

I don't think you should listen to this feeling. I don't know the circumstances of this but why would you want to listen to this feeling? Is your marriage unhappy or failing?

I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old Feb 21, '12, 6:17 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: catholic

unhappy.. i don't think so.. although we do lack some communication ability.
honestly.the night this hit me was after a few weeks i had been upset because my husband and i don't talk about nfp together very often.. and i am always the one worryin about it..
i also feel a little better already from just typing this down.
i feel like if he were to hear that this is what i was feeling...i'm scared of what he'd think.
i do have a very guilty feeling tho lately of when i'm doing things that aren't religious..
i'm beatin myself up.. and just wanting a clear answer like NO or YES... but i know this will come if i continue to pray.

thank you so much.. prayers are very much welcomed!
Old Feb 21, '12, 7:17 pm
Veteran Member

4JW,
You have a state of life, and that is as a wife. Sometimes when things aren't going as well as we would like, we think that some other route would be better, and as Catholics, we tend to turn towards ideas like the convent.

But whenever I do this, I am thinking about crosses other than the one I actually have. I make this mistake fairly often... Then I have to realize that, wow, if I am thinking of alternate crosses, that means I have a cross that I am supposed to be bearing! And then I try to focus on bearing and offering up the cross I've got as opposed to that other imaginary one. I can't offer up an imaginary cross, so I have to offer up the one I've got.

"The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes; she is tolerant in practice because she loves. The enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe; they are intolerant in practice because they do not love."
-Rev. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange O.P

Old Feb 21, '12, 7:29 pm
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jw View Post
unhappy.. i don't think so.. although we do lack some communication ability.
honestly.the night this hit me was after a few weeks i had been upset because my husband and i don't talk about nfp together very often.. and i am always the one worryin about it..
i also feel a little better already from just typing this down.
i feel like if he were to hear that this is what i was feeling...i'm scared of what he'd think.
i do have a very guilty feeling tho lately of when i'm doing things that aren't religious..
i'm beatin myself up.. and just wanting a clear answer like NO or YES... but i know this will come if i continue to pray.

thank you so much.. prayers are very much welcomed!
And one thing I have learned about my husband: he does ***not*** want to talk abou or hear about anything regarding female inner workings. Totally not his cup of tea. He is a man and men just don't "do" that. But he was with me for all our babies, which was much more important.

It may be that you will need to initiate certain necessary conversations, and keep them concise and not too detailed.

Don't worry about not doing religious things, and in fact, you should probably talk this over with your priest or a priest who is knowledgeable about the spiritual life. He will be able to help you sort some of these things out. It is OK to do the things that are part of your state of life, it is OK to enjoy yourself as long as you don't neglect your state of life. Share them with God by thanking Him

"The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes; she is tolerant in practice because she loves. The enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe; they are intolerant in practice because they do not love."
-Rev. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange O.P

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Vocations