Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Feb 23, '12, 5:42 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic (Ex Muslim)
Send a message via MSN to arabic catholic
Default help me please

I feel I want to pray a different type of prayer than the one I always pray ( Pray to God , Divine Mercy , Rosary.. etc )

Can anyone help me (or share with me ) a way to pray which is new or special , maybe a one that is so mystical and was recommended by a saint

Michael
Old Feb 23, '12, 6:30 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic, former Pentecostal and United Methodist
Default Re: help me please

Have you ever prayed the Liturgy of the Hours?

Here is a link to pray online. On the left is a link to the prayers at several times each day. The prayers are different each day.

http://www.universalis.com/-600/index.htm
Old Feb 23, '12, 6:31 pm

Religion: Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabic catholic View Post
I feel I want to pray a different type of prayer than the one I always pray ( Pray to God , Divine Mercy , Rosary.. etc )

Can anyone help me (or share with me ) a way to pray which is new or special , maybe a one that is so mystical and was recommended by a saint

Michael
Hi,

I believe that at RCIA and at the little rosary shop in your local parish there are these Catholic Prayer books? Lots of different ones there.

Look here, a whole online library of Catholic prayers for you. Literally loads, click on one and there will be a further list of more;

http://www.catholic.org/prayers/

My faith doesn't die. It just... temporarily... breaks...
Old Feb 23, '12, 6:34 pm

Religion: Christian

This one is perfect;

Quote:
Dear Jesus, help me to spread Your Fragrance everywhere I go. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Yours. Shine through me and be so in me, that every soul I come in contact with may feel Your Presence in my soul: let them look up and see no longer me--but only Jesus.

Saint John Neuman

My faith doesn't die. It just... temporarily... breaks...
Old Feb 23, '12, 6:35 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic Revert

The Anima Christi is one I Love...

Soul of Christ be my Sanctification
Body of Christ by my salvation
Blood of Christ fill all my veins
Water from Christ's side wash away my stain
Passion of Christ my comfort be
Oh good Jesus listen to me
In they wounds I feign would hide
Never to be parted from thy side
Guard me when the foe assails me
Guide me when my feet shall fail me
Bid me come to thee above
With thy saints to sing thy Love
Forever and ever
Amen

Peace
James

The Best book on Spirituality that I ever Read: "The Fulfillment of All Desire"

Oh my God , I will continue
to perform, all my actions
for the love of Thee
Amen.
Old Feb 23, '12, 6:38 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic

If you can visit a Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Chapel,
I would highly recommend it.

Old Feb 23, '12, 6:46 pm

Religion: Golden Rule athiest

Quote:

Michael
Hi Michael,

Quick question. As someone who has a Muslim uncle (married my father's younger sister) from the UAE, just wondering how things are for you as a Christian if/when you return to Saudi Arabia? Do you find things difficult, or are they really no different than before your conversion?

Thanks.

PS - It is one of my life-long dreams to go diving in the Red Sea!
Old Feb 23, '12, 6:48 pm

Thank you very much ,

too bad,

I am in Saudi right now ,and there is no Chapel or Church here

so that's why I need to pray deeply because there is no way to be connected with my faith other than prayer and the internet, The Rosary is always my favorite , but I am hoping to try something new

Thank you again for sharing your thought and prayers
Old Feb 23, '12, 6:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS10L View Post
Hi Michael,

Quick question. As someone who has a Muslim uncle (married my father's younger sister) from the UAE, just wondering how things are for you as a Christian if/when you return to Saudi Arabia? Do you find things difficult, or are they really no different than before your conversion?

Thanks.

PS - It is one of my life-long dreams to go diving in the Red Sea!
it's really difficult from a spiritual prospective , and from emotional one

I mean when there is no Christians near you ,and you live with a muslim family , and anti-christian culture , that would put you in a very bad feeling, plus I am not allowed to say I am Christian to not put my parents in a big trouble with the government

and I am a big sinner , and I need Christ body to reject the sins and temptation , so it's very hard on me , I feel I am using the communion of saint more often this days , because I can't make it alone

I try to go to UAE (2 hour plane trip) to visit a Church , but I can't do it every week or even every month , I hope to live near a church soon

PS:- I live near the Gulf
Old Feb 23, '12, 7:09 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

: gopray2: aah prayer one of my favorite hobbies. I usually saya prayer to God each night and whatever i feel i need to say in my prayer book. if you don't have a prayer book i would recommend it and usualy when i pray i play gregorian chants they are monks that sing catholic hymnns very good singers i recomend them to anybody. I must ask my dear friend how did you become a catholic? i hope you don't mind me asking if you do please forgive me.
Old Feb 23, '12, 7:11 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phoenix View Post
If you can visit a Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Chapel,
I would highly recommend it.

You are too quick for me! Talk about mystical - words are entirely optional when adoring the Lord in person. Saint Benedict expired while in prayer before our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. To see Jesus sacramentally one moment, then face to face the next is incomparable.
Old Feb 23, '12, 7:20 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:

I mean when there is no Christians near you ,and you live with a muslim family , and anti-christian culture , that would put you in a very bad feeling, plus I am not allowed to say I am Christian to not put my parents in a big trouble with the government

and I am a big sinner , and I need Christ body to reject the sins and temptation , so it's very hard on me , I feel I am using the communion of saint more often this days , because I can't make it alone

I try to go to UAE (2 hour plane trip) to visit a Church , but I can't do it every week or even every month , I hope to live near a church soon

Michael,

You may participate in on-line adoration at this site: http://www.savior.org/

I see they also have Rosary and Divine Mercy chaplets on that site.

May the Lord bless you for your perseverance.
Old Feb 23, '12, 10:01 pm

Religion: Golden Rule athiest

Quote:

I am sorry to hear of your trials, Michael. What does your immediate family say with regards to your conversion? Are they against it or do they support you in any way?

Oh, I'm SO jealous!! Are you a diver? I keep telling my aunt and uncle that one of these times I want to fly with them when they go to visit the UAE, but flights are so expensive.

I don't pray, but you are in my thoughts. I hope you are able to find solace and peace in your difficult situation.
Old Feb 23, '12, 11:35 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Thank you very much , too bad, I am in Saudi right now ,and there is no Chapel or Church here so that's why I need to pray deeply because there is no way to be connected with my faith other than prayer and the internet, The Rosary is always my favorite , but I am hoping to try something new. Thank you again for sharing your thought and prayers
That's a really an easy one to answer; for nothing is more easy than to connect oneself to God - since God is waiting for us to do so. Even if one is far off any Chapel, and doesn't own any Christian thing such as Bible, prayers-book, crucifix or rosary, and also is unable to reach Eucharist, because he lives in a anti-Christian world like in Saudi Arabia, or even in the loneliest prison, a filthy dark pit or wherever;
Jesus Christ is with him any time, as He promised in Mt 28,20: "…lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."

So, It doesn't even matter what or which prayer we pray, for if we really do believe and therefore in our prayer are closest connected with Jesus Christ, God knows what we are trying to say and think, before we do so; as Jesus told us in Mt 6,8: "…your Father in heaven knows what you need before you ask Him".

Christian belief and to believe is easy, as our Pope Benedict pronounced so often. Let's never complicate it. Just do it and then Jesus Christ, God is with you. And He knows what you and we all think and want to say before you even start speaking to Him.
So, it's actually a redundant question "what could I pray" so many among us ponder about. Let's just speak to God as a little child does to his father. Our father understands even if our words are ever so humble. For what we actually do need, that's God's nearness, and this we own the very moment we speak to Jesus Christ, who in Gods endless love even became one of us and mixed up with us, until we murdered Him and he resurrected on Easter - only to come back to us again and judge all - according to their belief and if they searched Jesus or rejected Him.
It takes of course deeds too to obey Jesus' orders. Without deeds, our belief is nil. Deeds of love are essential to be a Christian, as well as forgiving those who sinned against us, as we learned in the Lord's Prayer. This fundamental prayer and mother of all prayers, just in case one doesn't know it, one finds in the net everywhere. The rest we can tell God in our own words. Which doesn't mean there are no great other prayers. There are countless of them, but let's mainly speak to God in our own words.

Yours
Bruno
Old Feb 24, '12, 1:02 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via AIM to Holly3278 Send a message via MSN to Holly3278 Send a message via Yahoo to Holly3278

There are many different prayers you can find online. Here is a good website where you can look up different prayers by topic. I hope this helps. Here is this site:

http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/

May God bless you,
Holly

"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." -- Saint Augustine of Hippo

"The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you'll be amazed at the results."
--St. Josemaria Escriva

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
--Saint Dominic

"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world."
--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Our Lady's 15 Promises to Those Who Pray the Rosary

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality