Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > Catholic News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Feb 29, '12, 6:39 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Conservative leaders demand apology from Huffington over anti-Catholic column

May God have mercy on these people. Another "Liberal Rag" continues their assault

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...tholic-column/
Old Feb 29, '12, 7:45 am
Trial Membership

Default Re: Attack on Catholicism, does it ever end

Quote:
Originally Posted by martindeporres View Post
May God have mercy on these people. Another "Liberal Rag" continues their assault

Just be glad you are being persecuted for loving Jesus. God loves that.
Old Feb 29, '12, 7:47 am
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
"If such an article was written concerning the Islamic or Jewish faith, the public outcry would be overwhelming, and rightly so. But anti-Catholicism is the last acceptable form of bigotry..."
Looking more and more like the truth every day...

Old Feb 29, '12, 8:42 am
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic Church, Latin Rite

Quote:

Never. Our Lord died in a cross. And as St. Paul said, we must suffer in our flesh what lacks to Jesus Christ's Passion.
Old Feb 29, '12, 8:51 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

This creature is a sniveling coward. Some times being a forgiving catholic is sooo hard!
Old Feb 29, '12, 9:07 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

"Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake: Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is very great in heaven. For so they persecuted the prophets that were before you." (Matthew 5:12) Douay-Rheims Bible

Jesus told us that we were going to be persecuted for following Him. Evil one is always trying to attack us and lead the world away from the Gospel. That is why we must stay together and strong. We must always have faith and trust in Jesus.

"The Church has ever proved indestructible. Her persecutors have failed to destroy her; in fact, it was during times of persecution that the Church grew more and more; while the persecutors themselves, and those whom the Church would destroy, are the very ones who came to nothing. . . .Again, errors have assailed her; but in fact, the greater the number of errors that have arisen, the more has the truth been made manifest. . . . Nor has the Church failed before the assaults of demons: for she is like a tower of refuge to all who fight against the Devil."

St. Thomas Aquinas
Old Feb 29, '12, 9:09 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Anglican

No
It will never end but only serve to make one grow stronger in faith. Jesus suffered highly (for our sins.) We will never suffer as much as he did....? Onward Christian Soilders.....
Old Feb 29, '12, 10:40 am

Quote:
Don't add your insult to theirs.
Old Feb 29, '12, 8:10 pm

Religion: Catholic and Proud of it!
Default Re: Conservative leaders demand apology from Huffington over anti-Catholic column

some of those comments on the article at foxnews were nasty...I flagged them as inapprropriate

Don't use that junk newspaper known as Huff as a legiimate news source...its NOT....and I am surprised anyone uses it as a source for news

"More souls go to hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason."
- Our Lady of Fatima

Who will speak for those who have no voice?

Life.....what a beautiful choice!
Old Mar 3, '12, 12:04 am

Religion: Beaten-up Catholic
Default Re: Conservative leaders demand apology from Huffington over anti-Catholic column

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediliz View Post
Don't use that junk newspaper known as Huff as a legiimate news source...its NOT....and I am surprised anyone uses it as a source for news
If the Huff`n`puff Post suits the anti`Catholic agenda, why WOULDN`T our enemies use it? Words like "Truth" and "slander" don`t belong in their dictionary.
Old Mar 7, '12, 11:49 am
Banned

Religion: Agnostic

Quote:

From Fox News, which is Fairly Unbalance
Old Mar 7, '12, 12:05 pm

Religion: Catholic-Finally Came Home!

But everyone is in an uproar over Limbaugh calling that person a slut...even though he apologized? Do we not see a double standard?
Old Mar 7, '12, 12:42 pm

Religion: catholic

Initially, when I read it I could feel myself getting annoyed - but it so OTT you just have to laugh out loud at it. Why do they fear the CC so much? '

As someone pointed out - lets see how brave he would be condemning Islam, as a Danish cartoonist innocently did in a newspaper several years back.

The Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy began after 12 editorial cartoons, most of which depicted the Islamic prophet Muhammad, were published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten on 30 September 2005. The newspaper announced that this publication was an attempt to contribute to the debate regarding criticism of Islam and self-censorship.

Danish Muslim organizations that objected to the depictions responded by holding public protests attempting to raise awareness of Jyllands-Posten's publication. Further examples of the cartoons were soon reprinted in newspapers in more than 50 other countries, further deepening the controversy.

Four months later, Muslims protested across the Islamic world, some of which escalated into violence with instances of firing on crowds of protestors resulting in a total of more than 100 reported deaths,[1] including the bombing of the Danish embassy in Pakistan and setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, and burning the Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, French and German flags in Gaza City.[2][3] Various groups, primarily in the Western world, responded by endorsing the Danish policies, including "Buy Danish" campaigns and other displays of support. Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen described the controversy as Denmark's worst international crisis since World War II.[4]
Old Mar 8, '12, 11:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAtheist8 View Post
From Fox News, which is Fairly Unbalance

I fixed your typo for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAtheist8 View Post
From Fox News, which is Fairly balanced
Old Mar 8, '12, 11:59 am

Religion: Orthodox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle Marie View Post
But everyone is in an uproar over Limbaugh calling that person a slut...even though he apologized? Do we not see a double standard?
I agree.

Neither of them should have to apologize.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > Catholic News