Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 31, '12, 9:21 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Joe Arpaio: Barack Obama birth proof 'may be forged'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Sorrows View Post
we are 42 pages into this thread. why should i have to list facts for you when you clearly don't have any interest in what the investigation finds? it would be a waste of my time.
You can always change your option to 100 posts per page. Just a suggestion.
Old Mar 31, '12, 9:49 pm

Religion: Deist, former Catholic

Quote:
sorry, but your arguments are getting weaker and weaker.
I have made no arguments...I provided analysis of the issue. Believe what you will....you are only making yourself look foolish.

John
With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan..
Abraham Lincoln
Old Mar 31, '12, 11:11 pm
Veteran Member
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcelt View Post
I have made no arguments...I provided analysis of the issue. Believe what you will....you are only making yourself look foolish.

John

you sure enjoy spending a lot of time reading and responding to a poster who you feel is foolish! sorry the topic of this thread is not to your liking, and you and other posters have the need to bully anyone who doesn't agree with you. you are the ones who look foolish.
DO NOT BE OVERCOME BY EVIL, BUT OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD. ~~~ Romans 12:21
Old Apr 1, '12, 12:23 am

Religion: Deist, former Catholic

Quote:
you sure enjoy spending a lot of time reading and responding to a poster who you feel is foolish! sorry the topic of this thread is not to your liking, and you and other posters have the need to bully anyone who doesn't agree with you. you are the ones who look foolish.
I spend very little time, and I bully no one....I simply do not like nonsense.....BTW, compare my number of posts, on all topics and concede that this topic is, and should be, over.

John
With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan..
Abraham Lincoln
Old Apr 1, '12, 11:51 am
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcelt View Post
I spend very little time, and I bully no one....I simply do not like nonsense.....BTW, compare my number of posts, on all topics and concede that this topic is, and should be, over.

John
Amen to that.
Old Apr 1, '12, 2:22 pm

MODERATOR NOTICE

This thread is OPEN, if a member doesn't like the topic, please go to other posts. I will start giving infractions and suspensions to members who continue to discredit any other members interest in a topic or have taken upon themselves to moderate the forums.

Never let evil talk pass your lips; say only the good things men need to hear, things that will really help them. (Ephesians 4:29)

Moderator direction can be appealed by sending an email to: [email protected]
Old Apr 2, '12, 10:16 am

We have IMO two strong-willed and resistant to argument positions, that which believes that Arpaio possesses The Truth and that which considers Arpaio's position nonsense. I see no middle ground at all, no compromise possible, and therefore no reason for me to make any comment on the topic henceforth. That I categorize myself in the latter camp is of no consequence. This is a topic where "round and round the mulberry bush" will always be the tune. TTFN from me on this topic.
Old Apr 2, '12, 10:27 am
Veteran Member
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Olszewski View Post
We have IMO two strong-willed and resistant to argument positions, that which believes that Arpaio possesses The Truth and that which considers Arpaio's position nonsense. I see no middle ground at all, no compromise possible, and therefore no reason for me to make any comment on the topic henceforth. That I categorize myself in the latter camp is of no consequence. This is a topic where "round and round the mulberry bush" will always be the tune. TTFN from me on this topic.

for me, i don't say that arpaio has the truth 100%, but my opinion is that i am open to seeing what the team concludes with the investigation, which is not finished. in other words, let's lay the cards on the table and see what we've got. i don't think his investigation is nonsense. for some, there is definitely no middle ground. i am keeping an open mind.
DO NOT BE OVERCOME BY EVIL, BUT OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD. ~~~ Romans 12:21
Old Apr 2, '12, 11:45 am
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Sorrows View Post
for me, i don't say that arpaio has the truth 100%, but my opinion is that i am open to seeing what the team concludes with the investigation, which is not finished. in other words, let's lay the cards on the table and see what we've got. i don't think his investigation is nonsense. for some, there is definitely no middle ground. i am keeping an open mind.
That's your prerogative. I simply question the need to make headlines with a conclusion when the investigation is not over. If nothing is proven will he apologize to the president or will the use of the word "may", be a shield against criticism?
Old Apr 25, '12, 9:47 am

What the hell is going on?

"Obama’s lawyer, Alexandra Hill, agreed with arguments that the image of Obama’s birth certificate was a forgery and made the absurd claim that, therefore, it cannot be used as evidence to confirm his lack of natural born citizenship status. Therefore, she argued, it is “irrelevant to his placement on the ballot”.

"The image of Obama's 1961 Certificate of Live Birth is a rank digital hoax which was never intended by counterfeiters to serve as legal evidence of his eligibility, according to Obama defense attorney Alexandra Hill. Her argument implies that it was only intended to bolster political support as a "barely" believable facsimile of his actual birth record. Therefore, Hill argued, it is inadmissible as authentic evidence of Obama's ineligibility because it is satirical."

This is my favorite part "it is inadmissible as authentic evidence of Obama's ineligibility because it is (such a ridiculous fake that no reasonable person would have taken it seriously in the first place)."

http://thedailypen.blogspot.com/2012...rgery-but.html

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old Apr 25, '12, 10:00 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Latin rite Catholic

A perfectly reasonable statement by the lady.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News