Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 16, '12, 4:30 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default ***Financial struggles....BIG TIME!!***

Please pray for my financial situation. Haven't paid a house payment in 5 months. Other bills are snowballing fast. Account is now over $400 overdrawn. We're desperate! Please pray!
Old Mar 16, '12, 4:43 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: ***Financial struggles....BIG TIME!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 105lynne View Post
Please pray for my financial situation. Haven't paid a house payment in 5 months. Other bills are snowballing fast. Account is now over $400 overdrawn. We're desperate! Please pray!
I wish I knew what was causing this! This is an incredibly unfortunate situation- are there no options for you?

I will keep you in my prayers tonight. Hopefully God will listen to this (me) sinner.

Please seek financial support in your area, or from your church. Perhaps they might find a way to help you, or may know people who can.

Again, I will pray for you.
Old Mar 16, '12, 5:36 pm

I did pray for you.

But I say this with caring and truthfulness: DO NOT EXPECT OR DEMAND A MIRACLE to rescue you out of this situation.

I am highly confident that GOD NEVER PROMISES MIRACLES to everyone in cases of financial or health emergencies.

The WAYS OF GOD are not just NOT THAT SIMPLE.

He is not your servant. You are his, or ought to be.

Have FAITH in the TOTAL GOODNESS of GOD even in this horrible situation.

It may be that God's wise plan is for YOU to do something different that will be the means to a better situation for you, both in the immediate future, and in in the long run.

DO TRUST GOD, and DO EXPECT BETTER TIMES ahead, but don't demand that this happen by a "miracle."

Something that always calms me down in tough times is this phrase: "Everything that happens is a blessing from God." It means that even this current horrible situation IS A GIFT FROM GOD meant to be a means for your to become a better and more fulfilled person, and a means for you to become a person who makes better and more contributions to the well-being of other people. Find that hard to believe. Try it. You might like it, and like the results.

But, I did pray for you. God bless!
Old Mar 16, '12, 5:36 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Old Mar 16, '12, 5:46 pm

There are 3 places you can go to for help. First place is catholic charities. Second, the united way (they paid my electric bill when I was unemployed. You canalso try the salvation army. Your local utility company may also help. I am so sorry that you are going through this-I can relate with what you are going through. You may also want to call your county social services for advice-I really am praying that things will turn around for you and soon. Hugs......
Old Mar 16, '12, 6:05 pm
Forum Elder

I will pray for God to bless you in this time.

Sometimes miracles do happen. Someone who wished to remain anonymous, gave my pastor a $100 gift certificate to a local market to pass along to me. I do not know who my benefactor was, but I wrote to him/her, via my pastor, giving thanks and telling him/her how much this meant, how little I deserved it, and how it enabled me to buy food that month.

I asked Father to please say a Mass for my benefactor, and I pray for that person daily.

I hope someone will be able to help you, too. I understand your fear and anxiety.

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.
Old Mar 16, '12, 7:24 pm
Banned

To borrow from Saint Paul, slightly paraphrasing,

"He or she who sees his brother or sister in need, and who has the means to help him or her, but says only "Be Warm and Well Fed!"----what GOOD is THAT???"

Most of us on the Forums here are not rich, and it's forbidden to SOLICIT donations,
but if you want, I invite you to send me a private message and I'll see what can be done.
You aren't allowed to solicit, but we ARE allowed to offer.

And of course I'll say a prayer for you.

God bless,
Jaypeeto4
Old Mar 16, '12, 7:26 pm

Prayers said.
Old Mar 16, '12, 7:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypeeto4 View Post
To borrow from Saint Paul, slightly paraphrasing,

"He or she who sees his brother or sister in need, and who has the means to help him or her, but says only "Be Warm and Well Fed!"----what GOOD is THAT???"

Most of us on the Forums here are not rich, and it's forbidden to SOLICIT donations,
but if you want, I invite you to send me a private message and I'll see what can be done.
You aren't allowed to solicit, but we ARE allowed to offer.

And of course I'll say a prayer for you.

God bless,
Jaypeeto4
You know I was thinking the exact same thing, but we can't deny the power of prayer.

If only I just happened to get a paypal account name thrown in my inbox BY CHANCE, then perhaps there might be a lil donation or something headed their way. Just sayin'....
Old Mar 16, '12, 7:48 pm
Banned

oh, and 105lynne,
you commit NO SIN AT ALL by asking God for a miracle.
He may not grant a dramatic miracle, but it sure doesn't hurt to ask and ask.

He has worked untold thousands of miracles for countless numbers of people down through the ages, and they were NO MORE "SPECIAL" than you are.

I am CERTAIN that the poster above 100% MEANT WELL in cautioning you against expecting a miracle,
but it is very ill-timed to tell a desperate and terrified person that she better not count on God giving her any miraculous help. Cuz when you think about it,
ALL help is miraculous. And if you DIDN'T ask God for it, you wouldn't get it, even
through normal channels, in all likelihood. So ask away.
You'd be surprised at how many of our well-to-do friends, who really are our friends 99% of the time, suddenly become tightwads when they discover that we are in serious financial trouble and could use some help --- help that we would give THEM without them even having to ask us if the shoe was on the other foot!!!! But that's the way of the world. Even if they have lots of money, people just DON'T like to part with hardly any of it, even for a friend in dire need. That is FACT and is WHY Paul had to write the caustic comment that I quoted above, because that is HOW people are, even people of MEANS.
I had a relative who was very well off, very. And though she had a lot of good qualities in other areas, when it came to donating to a charity, even the most worthy one, she would write them ONE $5 check, one and only one, JUST ONCE. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that that is right. If everybody did that, St. Jude Hospital, Catholic Charities, Food For the Poor, Feeding America, and other VERY GOOD charities would shut their doors permanently the next day.

But trust God in this, and ask like CRAZY for his help in getting what you need.He'll come through. It may not be in the WAY that you expect or hope for, but
He WILL come through. And sometimes in VERY SURPRISING ways.
Love to you,
Jaypeeto4
Old Mar 16, '12, 7:53 pm

I agree with the above poster- and I wanted to let you know something, OP:

God will never give you a trial that you can't overcome. Persevere!
Old Mar 17, '12, 1:09 pm

I appreciate all of your kind words and prayers. I'm very moved at the fact that some of you offered to send money my way. That's...........extraordinary. I do thank God for every little miracle. Even when my grandmother sends $20 for my birthday, I thank Him. Two friends of mine have kids that they need a babysitter for and I volunteered. To me, this is the miracle I need. It's not much money, but I'll take whatever I can earn honestly. Continued prayers would be appreciated, of course. I'm so happy to have wonderful friends here! Thank you all!!
Old Mar 18, '12, 5:29 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Old Mar 19, '12, 7:47 am

I am incredibly happy to hear that you are slowly working your way back out of debt! Continue to pray!

Matthew 7:9-11

9 Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions