Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Apr 22, '12, 1:48 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Intercessors Of The Lamb

I heard recently from a friend that they thought the "Intercessors of The Lamb" had reconciled with the Church again. This surprised me a little, & I haven't turned up any further evidence of this. Does anyone else have any new information about this?
Thanks
Old Apr 22, '12, 6:11 pm
Forum Supporter

Default Re: Intercessors Of The Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumberguy View Post
I heard recently from a friend that they thought the "Intercessors of The Lamb" had reconciled with the Church again. This surprised me a little, & I haven't turned up any further evidence of this. Does anyone else have any new information about this?
Thanks
A good friend of mine that is also in the Marian Catechists with me has a daughter in the order. He says that the web site is up and running again and they are back on the property they once had. I am not sure the degree that Mother Nadine is still involved with it.
mdcpensive1.
Old Apr 22, '12, 6:21 pm

The community is not associated with the Catholic Church anymore. The person that belonged to the society were automatically released from their vows when the Bishop suppressed the organization.
Old Apr 22, '12, 7:03 pm
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
The community is not associated with the Catholic Church anymore. The person that belonged to the society were automatically released from their vows when the Bishop suppressed the organization.
I heard it a little differently. Many of the members of the order moved to a new location nearby, but I believe they have returned to the original property. I think for a while, the members were not to wear the habit of the order but I don't know if that is still the case. I heard the story from two different sources if I remember all the details. It has been a while since I heard them.
mdcpensive1
Old Apr 22, '12, 7:09 pm

Just look at their website. They are trying to give the impression that they are a Catholic organization, but I think that they are not fully aligned with the concept of obedience to the church. They also call themselves a non-denominational community and that statement says a lot. Wearing a habit does not make a person a Catholic religious brother or sister.
Old Apr 22, '12, 7:42 pm
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
Just look at their website. They are trying to give the impression that they are a Catholic organization, but I think that they are not fully aligned with the concept of obedience to the church. They also call themselves a non-denominational community and that statement says a lot. Wearing a habit does not make a person a Catholic religious brother or sister.
I haven't looked at their website in a long time but I have read most of the information that was posted on it by Mother Nadine. My understanding is that she probably was a poor administrator and trusted too much that people were doing the things they were supposed to be doing. Her faith was strong and orthodox ( my understanding of what I read of her writings). Her book " Bathe Seven Times" is excellent for an examination of conscience.

I know that there were many people living there, some who were lay and some may have even been Non-Catholic. If a non-Catholic wants to live there in a small capacity that is OK with me as long as they don't have the authority within the group to distort cannonical representation of the community of an orthodox bishop of the diocese.

I do know that wearing a habit does not make a person "religous" but it is an outward sign of them being different from world values and gives them outward identitiy to a particular way of life even though it is our interior life that is important. I wish I knew more of what was going on. One of the things I heard was that some member or members left a host in a car overnight instead of placing it back in a tabernacle. This shows the buck always stops eventually at the top.

However, if they want to call themselves non-denominational as part of their charism, I can't see any way they have cannonical authority given to them.
mdcpensive1
Old Apr 22, '12, 8:16 pm

Well,
I guess I raise the question because my friend seems inclined to believe that the Catholic authorities are ok with us patronizing them now, though I'm not so sure. I see no indications of a "reconciliation" per say, but rather simply changing their status, as described in the above posts. I believe there may still be some deception going on, leading some to believe they are in good graces with the Catholic Church again.
It is true though, they had some very good spiritual printed materials before the problems started.
Old Apr 22, '12, 8:30 pm
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Well,
I guess I raise the question because my friend seems inclined to believe that the Catholic authorities are ok with us patronizing them now, though I'm not so sure. I see no indications of a "reconciliation" per say, but rather simply changing their status, as described in the above posts. I believe there may still be some deception going on, leading some to believe they are in good graces with the Catholic Church again.
It is true though, they had some very good spiritual printed materials before the problems started.
I have to agree with you. They did good work in their intercessions and literature. I hope their other "faults" can be resolved.
mdcpensive1
Old Apr 22, '12, 10:13 pm
Trial Membership

There are really two issues here. First of all, the Organization called "Intercessors of the Lamb" is no longer a Catholic Organization. They were given the chance to change several things, and when they refused, the Bishop withdrew Cathilic support. I have not visited their site recently, but I have little doubt that they are reaching out to their Catholic customer base.
However, there is a group of women that left the Intercessors. They really had nowhere to go, and have asked to stay together. After going through formation, they are now a public association of the faithful. This does not make them a religious order, but it does mean that they are officially a "Catholic" group, basically they are no different from the Knights of Columbus or the Catholic Women's League (Both are Catholic Public Associations of the Faithful.) I believe they are organizing retreats to support themselves.
Whether or not this new organization has been able to retain what is good from the old group, while casting off the negative behaviors, remains to be seen.
Personally, I think the Intercessors were a cult, and I would have nothing to do with that whole situation.

Fiona
Old Apr 23, '12, 4:09 pm

Quote:
I heard recently from a friend that they thought the "Intercessors of The Lamb" had reconciled with the Church again. This surprised me a little, & I haven't turned up any further evidence of this. Does anyone else have any new information about this? ...
Hello,

Perhaps what was referred to was the approval of the "Brides of the Victorious Lamb" as a public association of the faithful on April 14 by Archbishop Lucas. The members are formerly of the Intercessors of the Lamb. Those who are part of the Intercessors of the Lamb are not approved by the Church or reconciled.

Dan
Old Apr 26, '12, 7:29 pm

Well okay, things are pretty much as I originally thought they were then. Sounds like there are more virtuous pursuits. Thank you for all of your posts. God Bless you All!
Old Apr 26, '12, 7:52 pm
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Well okay, things are pretty much as I originally thought they were then. Sounds like there are more virtuous pursuits. Thank you for all of your posts. God Bless you All!
God bless you too.
Old Feb 26, '13, 7:42 am
Observing Member

Thumbs down Re: Intercessors Of The Lamb

This article from Feb. 2011 says the disobedient members of the Intercessors of the Lamb, including the disgraced foundress Nadine Brown, have joined with evangelical Christians in the area, and still live on the property as they own it.

http://www.omaha.com/article/2011021...702129887/1009

It's ironic that the group's treasurer is quoted in the article, given that it was lack of financial accountability that got them in trouble in the first place (along with other serious leadership issues, like violation of the confessional seal and intimidation). Regardless of what she says, it is NOT the Holy Spirit they are following, which is always a Spirit of peace, unity, and obedience, not of division and confusion.

Here is a recent statement from the Archdiocese of Omaha website about them, from December 2012:

http://www.archomaha.org/newsevents/...tement2012.pdf

So, they are not Catholic, but have become Protestant, and are continuing in a spirit of disobedience. I feel sorry for them, and angry at the confusion and disorder they have caused through the utter lack of discernment of what kind of spirit they have been opening up to. Totally stupid. A friend of mine got involved with them, turned very prideful and arrogant, caused problems in the parish, refused to take direction from people above her in parish ministry, and had to be repeatedly disciplined. She then went off to join the Intercessors, uprooting her entire family from another state to do so, and I have not heard from her since. I just hope she was smart enough to leave the group when it all came down. I feel sorry for her, too.

Meanwhile, here's an article on the website of the new Brides of the Victorious Lamb, founded by former members of the Intercessors and approved by the bishop. This is what the Holy Spirit in action looks like, bless them! And may all the Intercessors someday recognize their error, and come back into unity with our Holy Mother Church:

http://www.bridesofthevictoriouslamb.com/?page_id=8588
Old Jun 4, '13, 9:12 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

I saw that Mother Nadine passed away into eternal life yesterday. I sincerely hope that she died in the peace of Christ. Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let the perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen.

http://www.knocknovena.com/index.htm

Wife of 1
Mommy of 4
Slave to 11 chickens, 5 cats, 2 pigs, and 1 dog
Old Jun 4, '13, 7:27 pm
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof4 View Post
I saw that Mother Nadine passed away into eternal life yesterday. I sincerely hope that she died in the peace of Christ. Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let the perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen.
Thank you for the update. I pray for Mother Nadine. I have a friend that had a daughter in the order.
mdcpensive1

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence