Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 6, '12, 2:05 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default New beginnings, focus on self- healing

For so long I have focused on the needs of others; these choices I have never regretted, I have always chosen to put others first. Those actions have turned into distancing myself from my goals and inner peace with my life. Those actions have turned in to people taking advantage of my kindness, for them to live the lives they want, thinking only of themselves.

When I ask to pray for my new beginnings, I do not wish to be selfish. I want to become better so that I can find others to make better as well. I need to be healthy emotiontally, physically, mentally and spiritually. I want to feel whole again. I want to work out, wake up early every morning, make every day productive. I have been waking late, working, but not using my free time wisely. I want to reach my goals and dreams.

With this request, I hope to experience clear thinking. I hope to connect with God and with myself. I invite everyone to partake in this, to find clarity and spirituality and peace. Please pray for myself and those in need.

Happy Sunday.
Old May 6, '12, 2:20 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: New beginnings, focus on self- healing

Praying.
Old May 6, '12, 2:28 pm
Prayer Warrior

Amen...
Old May 6, '12, 3:18 pm
Prayer Warrior

Come Holy Spirit, fill our hearts with Your holy gifts. Let our weakness be penetrated with Your strength this very day that we may fulfill all the duties of our state conscientiously, that we may do what is right and just. Let our charity be such as to offend no one, and hurt no one's feelings; so generous as to pardon sincerely any wrong done to us. Assist us, O Holy Spirit, in all our trials of life, enlighten us in our ignorance, advise us in our doubts, strengthen us in our weakness, help us in all our needs, protect us in temptations and console us in afflictions. Graciously hear us, O Holy Spirit, and pour Your light into our hearts, our souls, and our minds. Assist us to live a holy life and to grow in goodness and grace. Amen.

"Try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:10)

Read the Bible and study the Catechism.

Old May 6, '12, 3:27 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdf21 View Post
For so long I have focused on the needs of others; these choices I have never regretted, I have always chosen to put others first. Those actions have turned into distancing myself from my goals and inner peace with my life. Those actions have turned in to people taking advantage of my kindness, for them to live the lives they want, thinking only of themselves.

When I ask to pray for my new beginnings, I do not wish to be selfish. I want to become better so that I can find others to make better as well. I need to be healthy emotiontally, physically, mentally and spiritually. I want to feel whole again. I want to work out, wake up early every morning, make every day productive. I have been waking late, working, but not using my free time wisely. I want to reach my goals and dreams.

With this request, I hope to experience clear thinking. I hope to connect with God and with myself. I invite everyone to partake in this, to find clarity and spirituality and peace. Please pray for myself and those in need.

Happy Sunday.
I have this problem as well, and if I may make a humble suggestion, one big thing we need is prayer, prayer, and more prayer.

You're in my prayers. God bless you.
Jesus, I trust in you
join thePCG!
Old May 6, '12, 3:48 pm

My prayers are with you! I was taught to treat others with respect, say please and thank you, with nothing but good intentions in between. The things I have seen, heard, and had done to me makes me think... Enough. If they can be selfish and do what they please with bad intention, I need to do the same with good intentions!
Old May 6, '12, 3:53 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic

Dear friend, yes Jesus said, "Love others as yourself".
Jesus did not say, 'love others more than yourself, but as yourself, because you too, each of us, is a precious child of God.

‘Love others…as yourself’

Jesus when You command us to love others as ourselves, You require something more challenging than simply to “love others.” The embedded touchstone in that command is “love your self.” Help us therefore not to be uncharitable to ourselves.

Many people lack proper self-esteem, making it difficult for them to genuinely value others. However, Scripture exhorts, “value yourself at your proper worth. Who can justify a man who runs himself down, or respect a man who despises himself.” [Ecclesiasticus 10:28-29] If we do fail to love ourselves correctly, we cannot accept God’s love. Let us never imagine ourselves hidden from Your mercy: ‘“Can anyone hide in a dark corner without my seeing him?’ asks the Lord.” [Jeremiah 23-24]

The concept of rightly loving oneself in order to love others as God’s precious children may be confused with the selfishness that ruins unselfish self-love. It requires us to reject negative self-talk and responses. “If a man is mean to himself, to whom will he be good?” [Ecclesiasticus 14:3].

Growth in Christian self-love is facilitated by “filling your mind with everything that is true, everything that is noble, and everything that is pure and good” [Philippians 4:8] and serving “in works of love.” It is allowing the Spirit to direct your life and then “you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence. What the Spirit brings is...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, trustfulness, gentleness and self-control.” [Galatians 5:13, 16, 26, 22-23]

Jesus, help us to fittingly love ourselves. You do not wish us to disparage ourselves but to see ourselves as loved, forgiven children of God. A poor self-image may compare to our perception of ‘clouds’. To observers, clouds appear to be impressive, substantial and tangible. However, within themselves the clouds seem damp, insubstantial and misty.

Jesus, let us not belittle ourselves in comparison to others because of our personal uncertainties and inadequacies. Let us live in sincere acceptance of self, that unique gift of Your creative love. help us to see ourselves as loved children of God. Jesus, help me to know that You really love me so that I can love You and love others truly.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old May 6, '12, 3:55 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Confidence in God’s merciful love

Our God, we praise and thank You who loves each person into existence. I thank You for loving us, loving me.

Our God, You command that I forgive and rightly cherish myself. Like many people in human history, I often find it difficult to sincerely and consistently love the ‘self’ that I find mirrored in my consciousness. I know that You can bring me to appreciate the miracle and privilege of my existence!

How can I refuse to love what God loves! You treasure me, as You love and treasure each unique, human person that You create. Yet I need much grace to love this betrayer of my true being and purpose, myself! I betray Your loving creation of me by failing to be fully ‘the person I am created to be’ , and by failing in gratitude for the gift of myself.

You love each person so much that it led to the incarnation of Your divine Son, and to His redemption of humankind. Jesus is Your response to my betrayal of my destiny and me. Yet frequently I am unconvinced or indifferent before these astounding gifts of divine love for me and for every person!

Please give me grace to value each person, and my own life, as Your beloved and eternal gift. Inspire me with faith and gratitude for the gift of myself, for the lives of dear ones and of all people. Grant that these human gifts are shaped by Your love to become everlasting gifts to You, and through You, eternal gifts to each other person.

Through Jesus, You taught us that cheerful, loving mutual service of others leads to fulfilment of Your creative will. Therefore, give me grace to faithfully say ‘yes’ to Your loving purpose by active respect and charity to others and me. Delight Yourself in me by forming me into the unselfish, joyful, helpful and prayerful person You dreamed me to be for You and for the sake of others’ souls for time and eternity. 1999
Thank You JESUS

Thank you Mother

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old May 6, '12, 3:57 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Giving and receiving

Dear God, how may I serve others? How may I dispense consolation, and blessing?

Through Your love and knowledge of the hidden desires and needs of each person, please give me perception, compassion, generosity and means to meet others’ authentic needs, by prayer and act. Our God, please serve through me beyond my interpretive faculties, beyond my sincere good will and my generous acts.

Your gifts are richer and more delightful than any dreamt of in human understanding. You know the true needs of each person, and the depth of their hidden pain. Touch and bless others, and let Your healing and peace flow to them as I gently seek to serve them. In their gladness and in their grief, give Yourself to them in my efforts and prayers united with the prayer and merit of Christ, His Mother, and the Angels and Saints.

God who loves me and who loves each one whom I serve, through Your grace please help me to develop wisdom and commonsense to serve others well, while wisely caring for my own needs. Fulfil my needs to overflowing with Your vitality and bounty, so that as I receive my giving is multiplied!

As every good comes from You so must all praise and thanksgiving return to You! In union with Your greatest gifts—our Saviour Jesus and Your Holy Spirit—I honour You for everything You have given and will give to each person in time and eternity! Let such thankfulness atone in some measure for those who fear that good may depend primarily on their efforts, and for the ingratitude of those who never and those who seldom thank and praise You, God!
Thank You JESUS

Thank you Mother

Old May 6, '12, 4:03 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Wisdom of true conversion

Loving God, I know that Your love can free me from the self-imposed need to force my inclination and emotions into a pattern of love and virtue. Give me grace to strive faithfully, while trusting my efforts into Your care, allowing You to love me and to love others through me as You honour and glorify Yourself in me.

I do not seek to be ‘virtuous’ or ‘exemplary’. I seek to be to be Your living tabernacle. Let me not be ‘candle’, but part of Your light that dispels all darkness.
Let me not be ‘wise’, but absorbed into Your wisdom and truth.
Let me not be ‘peaceful’ or ‘trusting’, but resting faithfully in Your peace and joy.
Let me not be ‘productive of good works’, rather, let me be actively responsive to every facet of Your love for me and for others, as vehicle of Your goodness for them.

I ask this true conversion of You, for “At night my soul longs for You and my spirit in me seeks for You.” [Isaiah 26:9]

Loving God help me be who I am created to be

Loving God You loved me into existence. Please help me to fully live Your dream of me. Please help me to become truly that person, so that others can experience Your love, goodness, and beauty in me, and can receive the blessings that You intend for them through me.

Let me delight You, by being an open doorway into You for others. Let me be a living tabernacle of Your love, an overflowing crystal chalice of Your love, a powerhouse of prayer and an instrument of Your love and healing to others.

Please make me who I am in the dream You always had of me.
Thank You JESUS

Thank you Mother

Old May 6, '12, 4:08 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Desire to help others
Loving God please intercede in me all my life for other people. Accept as prayer, my desire to help others, and bless them in all our interactions. Accept as prayer for others, every breath, heartbeat and cell of my body, every thought, word and act of my life. Let all I am as child of God, be united with Your love for others.

Let me become a living “amen” to all Your loving hopes and dreams for other people. This can only be realised through Your merciful love, which You reveal through Jesus in those who follow His ways.

Allow Your Spirit in me to spiritually locate the sad and abused, lonely and despairing, anywhere in any age, so that I may obtain the word or touch that decides them for life, goodness and love. I wish no person, however wretched or sinful, however lukewarm or obnoxious, to feel overlooked. Yet if only I were not such a poor instrument. Yet in this period of history, a two-dollar piece of paper with a few hopeful symbols upon it, can win even as much as twenty million dollars. Likewise let me ‘win’ Your Mercy (which each trusting soul can win) so that I may truly be able to help others. February 2002

I ask You to heal any way I fail to live with spontaneity and joy, and enhance my capacity to cheer and bless others. I ask You to heal any way I fail Your loving dream of me, and any failure to promote the fulfilment of Your dreams for anyone. I trust You to heal anyone who judges me, of the burden of their judgement, as it may pointlessly distract and irritate them. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person whom You created me to be. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person that You created me to be in order that I may bring Your love and kindness to others.

Grant me Your Spirit
Holy Spirit, I need wisdom, discernment and unconditional love. Will You share Yours with me? Help me to persevere in these necessary virtues, even where there is wounding within me greater than anyone is aware.

Help me to carry my daily responsibilities with faith and hope, and mindful of Your command to love God above all and others as self, in Sacramental worship and with practical acts of kindness.

Help me to find healing for injuries and scars that prevent me from fully becoming the person I am created to be. Come into my mind and soul, and help me through the rest of my life.

I need You, Holy Spirit. Please access the gifts and beauty of my unique creation in God’s image. For others’ benefit and for Your glory, give me a deep appreciation and use of the goodness, loveliness joy and blessing of this creation that You mean me to be. August 2004

“Pray for a strong spirit, the Spirit of God. And thank God often for yourself, for His gift to you.” Priest in Confession, Divine Mercy Sunday
Thank You JESUS

Thank you Mother

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions