Catholic FAQ


Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #1  
Old May 12, '12, 10:23 am
Zooman77's Avatar
Zooman77 Zooman77 is offline
Junior Member
Prayer Warrior
 
Join Date: August 19, 2011
Posts: 231
Religion: Latin Rite Catholic
Default Drinking Lourdes Water

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone has ever drank lourdes water before. It says in the box it came in that it is drinkable as it leaves France but it could have been tampered with in the post office.
__________________
May you have a blessed day!

Feel free to send me a private message or email regarding any of my posts.

John 15:16-It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain...
John 14:15-If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 12, '12, 11:12 am
The Idiot The Idiot is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: January 25, 2011
Posts: 511
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

Were there any signs that the parcel had been tampered with ?

If not - drink it .

Have faith
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 12, '12, 11:13 am
fred conty fred conty is online now
Regular Member
 
Join Date: December 15, 2010
Posts: 5,022
Religion: catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

I've seen pictures of people at Lourdes drinking it. In fact, that have small pipes drawing from the water on one path in several places just so the people can drink and wash their head in it.

But like the warning says, noone guarantees it when it is shipped.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 12, '12, 12:29 pm
chris138 chris138 is offline
Regular Member
Prayer Warrior
 
Join Date: June 1, 2004
Posts: 1,360
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

Wow that's some expensive water to drink!! My father has esophageal cancer and we had all his drinking water blessed by his priest. I also thought it might be a good idea to put a drop or two of the Lourdes water put in/on things he eats and drinks. I use it to bless myself and my children with occassionally, and I give it to friends and family with cancer(I have ordered small bottles of it for that reason), etc.

chris
__________________
Miles Christi Sum
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 12, '12, 12:31 pm
triumphguy's Avatar
triumphguy triumphguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: December 6, 2011
Posts: 8,196
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

I've drunk and still live
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 12, '12, 12:36 pm
Pdaniels2 Pdaniels2 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: April 28, 2012
Posts: 15
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

I recently ordered some Lourdes water and used it to bless things with, and I also drank a little. If it doesn't seem to be tampered with, they drink it. I doubt Our Lady, or God, would allow Holy Water to harm you. And remember, it is the FAITH and PRAYERS that heal you, not just the water. Peace be with you!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 13, '12, 11:28 am
O Duirnin O Duirnin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: February 12, 2010
Posts: 201
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

This reminds me of an incident (which occurred somewhat before my time, perhaps around the 1960s/70s) I heard about from a colleague working on a pilgrimage to Lourdes for the elderly. Apparently one year, the water supply at the Accueil failed, and upon the order of the French nurses, all the water for washing, drinking, tea-making etc. was obtained from the taps at the Grotto spring for the duration of the pilgrimage!

*I should remind everyone that water from the spring at Lourdes is not Holy Water per se unless it is made so by a priest!*
__________________
‘In all that concerns the king, I will be slavishly obedient; if any attack his temporal power, I will shed my last drop of blood for him. But in the things of spiritual jurisdiction which a king unjustly seizes I cannot and must not obey.’

St John Ogilvie.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 13, '12, 4:48 pm
Karenanna Karenanna is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: August 4, 2007
Posts: 624
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooman77 View Post
Hello All, I was wondering if anyone has ever drank lourdes water before. It says in the box it came in that it is drinkable as it leaves France but it could have been tampered with in the post office.
I was at Lourdes for three days, and I think that I drank some of the Lourdes Water while I was there. I have certainly have drank it here in Australia. I can easily obtain Lourdes Water from the Lourdes Society in Sydney. They send it to me in the post. There is a small charge for pack and postage. (They have to import it from France, and it is packed in small plastic bottles.)

Lourdes Water as we all know brings about miracles, but I have discovered that Holy Water does also. In the blessing of Holy Water blessed by the traditional formula, there are prayers for the healing of the sick. I have already heard of and witnessed a few wonders through it's use.

Here are some of them.

Healing through the use of Holy Water
My brother John dropped a heavy machine on his ankle, while at work on Friday. He was in a lot of pain and could hardly walk. He telephoned us on Saturday afternoon, and told us about the accident. My husband went to visit John, and brought him some Holy Water. (The Holy Water was blessed with the traditional formula).

Before going to sleep on Saturday night, John rubbed some of the Holy Water on his foot, and blessed himself with it on the forehead. When John woke up the next morning, his foot was healed. A friend of mine blesses herself with Holy Water whenever she has a headache, and the pain stops quickly, In a similar case, one of my daughters had a headache, and I gave her Holy Water to bless herself with, and the headache healed up almost immediately. An online friend has had toothaches healed immediately through the use of Holy Water. She has also had other pains healed through its use as well.

(One big advantage is that you can take a large container of water to the priest to have blessed.)

The above testimonies are in my free online book about answers to prayer at:

Part one

Part two
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 13, '12, 4:53 pm
Hello All Hello All is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: October 26, 2010
Posts: 124
Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

few months back,o young woman narrated her miraculous healing by drinking lourdes water.she gave her testimony on UNIVISION channel.She hails from Florida.Her MDs have given her few mos to live,as her CANCER has metastized already.There were video clips,whein it showed ,she was clinging to her life in the hospital.Anyway,a friend of hers suggested she make a pilgrimage to Lourdes France.Against medical advice and recluctancy ,fear from her husband,as she may die en route,she travelled,accompanied by her husband.She is now cancer free and looks/acts very normal,when she was interviewed on TV.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 14, '12, 9:27 pm
Bix's Avatar
Bix Bix is offline
Regular Member
Prayer Warrior
 
Join Date: May 23, 2011
Posts: 3,129
Religion: Roman Catholic
Question Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but are many people still healed or have miracles from drinking this?

Also, if you ordered it - how would you know it was really that particular water?

(sorry for the grammatical mistakes- Long day)
__________________
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.
(Psalms 91:2)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old May 14, '12, 10:24 pm
Karenanna Karenanna is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: August 4, 2007
Posts: 624
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix View Post
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but are many people still healed or have miracles from drinking this?

Also, if you ordered it - how would you know it was really that particular water?

(sorry for the grammatical mistakes- Long day)
Lourdes Water does not have to be drunk. You can bless yourself with it, or apply it to affected parts of the body. Lourdes miracles still take place in every part of the world, through the use of Lourdes Water and/or prayers to Our Lady of Lourdes. No one really knows the exact number of healings that take place.

Now for the question of if the Lourdes Water is really Lourdes Water from the grotto. Well you can't really tell, but I have great confidence that the Lourdes Society in Sydney, are really sending me Lourdes Water (from the grotto) when I request it. I read about a "Lourdes Water" scam that was uncovered in Italy, so scams can happen.

I put the following account in my book on answers to prayer. My mother told me about this.

Lourdes water
It is well known that God works great miracles through Lourdes water. In one case that I was told about, a very sick lady was promised by her friend that she would bring back some Lourdes water for her from the grotto in France; however, she did not get to make the trip. Instead of owning up to this fact, she passed off ordinary tap water to her friend as Lourdes water. The sick lady faithfully used it. She was cured of her sickness. Our Lady rewarded the sick lady's faith. Faith and trust in God are the most important elements.

You can read the book on answers to prayer, free online here at: Part one

and at Part two

I will finish with a funny story. I had some Lourdes Water at home. No matter how much I used it, the water replenished itself. I was wondering what was going on with the water. One day I walked into the kitchen and found my autistic daughter at the kitchen sink "refreshing my supply of Lourdes Water!"

I asked my daughter what she was doing. She replied, "I am getting you some Lourdes Water mummy."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 14, '12, 10:39 pm
Bix's Avatar
Bix Bix is offline
Regular Member
Prayer Warrior
 
Join Date: May 23, 2011
Posts: 3,129
Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenanna View Post

I will finish with a funny story. I had some Lourdes Water at home. No matter how much I used it, the water replenished itself. I was wondering what was going on with the water. One day I walked into the kitchen and found my autistic daughter at the kitchen sink "refreshing my supply of Lourdes Water!"

I asked my daughter what she was doing. She replied, "I am getting you some Lourdes Water mummy."
This is the cutest, sweetest story!

Thank you for answering.


New question, forgive me but... How does Lourdes water come from Sydney? Maybe I'm more confused than I thought.... Sorry.


__________________
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.
(Psalms 91:2)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old May 15, '12, 1:09 am
Karenanna Karenanna is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: August 4, 2007
Posts: 624
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix View Post
This is the cutest, sweetest story!

Thank you for answering.


New question, forgive me but... How does Lourdes water come from Sydney? Maybe I'm more confused than I thought.... Sorry.


The Lourdes Society in Sydney, is officially affiliated with the Archconfraternity of Our Lady of Lourdes, in France. It promotes devotion to Our Lady of Lourdes. Part of its apostolate work, is supplying Lourdes Water to its members, when they request it.

The Society imports the Lourdes Water from France. They have to pay air freight costs, bottling costs and insurance. If a member contacts the society, and asks for some Lourdes Water, there is a nominal charge for postage etc., but not for the Lourdes Water itself, which is free.

Regarding the story about my autistic daughter in my previous post, the same daughter tipped out a fair quantity of real Lourdes, which her older sister brought back from France. There is a Lourdes grotto replica at Earlwood in Sydney. The Lourdes Society’s office is near this grotto.

I have also been to Lourdes, in France. The picture in this post is of my backyard Lourdes “grotto.”

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 17, '12, 5:21 am
Megan7 Megan7 is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: February 21, 2009
Posts: 2,135
Religion: Thank you POPE BENEDICT XVI We LOVE YOU! GOD BLESS YOU.
Lightbulb Re: Drinking Lourdes Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenanna View Post
I was at Lourdes for three days, and I think that I drank some of the Lourdes Water while I was there. I have certainly have drank it here in Australia. I can easily obtain Lourdes Water from the Lourdes Society in Sydney. They send it to me in the post. There is a small charge for pack and postage. (They have to import it from France, and it is packed in small plastic bottles.)

Lourdes Water as we all know brings about miracles, but I have discovered that Holy Water does also. In the blessing of Holy Water blessed by the traditional formula, there are prayers for the healing of the sick. I have already heard of and witnessed a few wonders through it's use.

Here are some of them.

Healing through the use of Holy Water
My brother John dropped a heavy machine on his ankle, while at work on Friday. He was in a lot of pain and could hardly walk. He telephoned us on Saturday afternoon, and told us about the accident. My husband went to visit John, and brought him some Holy Water. (The Holy Water was blessed with the traditional formula).

Before going to sleep on Saturday night, John rubbed some of the Holy Water on his foot, and blessed himself with it on the forehead. When John woke up the next morning, his foot was healed. A friend of mine blesses herself with Holy Water whenever she has a headache, and the pain stops quickly, In a similar case, one of my daughters had a headache, and I gave her Holy Water to bless herself with, and the headache healed up almost immediately. An online friend has had toothaches healed immediately through the use of Holy Water. She has also had other pains healed through its use as well.

(One big advantage is that you can take a large container of water to the priest to have blessed.)

The above testimonies are in my free online book about answers to prayer at:

Part one

Part two


Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Jun 8, '12, 11:56 am
Terri108 Terri108 is offline
Trial Membership
 
Join Date: June 8, 2012
Posts: 1
Religion: Catholic
Send a message via Yahoo to Terri108
Default Drinking Lourdes Water

I had bought the water from Lourdes and I Drank the water and it's fine.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8033Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: KrazyKat
4820CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: Vim71
4288Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: James_OPL
4027OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: fencersmother
3810SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3367Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: James_OPL
3184Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: libralion
3145Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
2960For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: KrazyKat
2686Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: James_OPL



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:26 am.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2013, Catholic Answers.