Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 19, '12, 3:13 pm

Default Man Wanted Baby Aborted, Crushed Her Head After Birth

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/05/18/m...d-after-birth/
Old May 19, '12, 3:32 pm

Religion: RC
Default Re: Man Wanted Baby Aborted, Crushed Her Head After Birth

No different to China's one child policy where they inject lethal formaldehyde into babiesí skulls during forced abortions or after birth.

Awful.

It isnít enough just to wish for change and watch others take the reigns; we all have a role to play in this spiritual battle between good and evil.

Old May 19, '12, 3:40 pm

Its all disgusting to me... I just can't fathom why someone would do that to a child... thiers or not.

Got me thinking he must be on drugs or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHolyTrinity View Post
No different to China's one child policy where they inject lethal formaldehyde into babiesí skulls during forced abortions or after birth.

Awful.
Old May 19, '12, 3:51 pm

Religion: Catholic - Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Its all disgusting to me... I just can't fathom why someone would do that to a child... thiers or not.

Both parents are handicaped
Old May 19, '12, 3:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

Most likely not on illegal drugs, possibly on legal drugs to combat the mental health issues they both have.

Could be a control issues or poor insight to the consequences of his actions on his behalf - didn't get his own way the first time. Got his way the second time.

It is a shame that others around him did not recognize the risk this baby was in prior to Jacklyn's death.

It isnít enough just to wish for change and watch others take the reigns; we all have a role to play in this spiritual battle between good and evil.

Old May 19, '12, 4:17 pm

Religion: Catholic

Having two parents who are mentally disabled would be a red flag for the doctor and/or the grandparents to call Child Protection. Pregnant women who have problems are visited by social workers before the child is born on a regular basis.

If this hadn't happened before, certainly the hospital should have called in its social worker who in turn would have called Child Protection. It's the law.
Old May 19, '12, 4:25 pm
Forum Elder

Some additional information on the case

Quote:
At that time, as a man with an IQ of 65, Fitzpatrick "had reached the height of his career opportunity" mowing lawns and sprucing up gardens.

"Their conclusion was, very simply, they did not have the financial ability to care for another child," Bennett said.

The couple discussed abortion, but the procedure's $500 price tag "was not on the table."

So as the months went by, the couple simply went on with their lives ó ignoring the fact that another baby was growing inside Barrise.
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...190319/-1/NEWS

As part of his plea deal, he will testify against his wife and mother of their child, when she stands trial in a few months.
Old May 19, '12, 5:27 pm
Veteran Member

i pray that this case will open the eyes of people to the evil that abortion is and engenders.

"The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes; she is tolerant in practice because she loves. The enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe; they are intolerant in practice because they do not love."
-Rev. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange O.P

Old May 20, '12, 2:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Francis View Post
i pray that this case will open the eyes of people to the evil that abortion is and engenders.
This case opens the eyes not around abortion, but the need to support parents as a whole community. Those that have mental illnesses and are parents are fully listened too and supported in their roles as a parent.

If someone sat down and took the time to converse with these parents, they may have realized that Jacklyn's life was at risk.

One could question that these parents and Jacklyn are victims of the financial elite Can not afford for a abortion and can not afford to raise the child, with their lack of insight this was their option. Very sad that this has happened and a sad world that we live in.

Old May 20, '12, 4:14 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic. Gender: Female

Why did they not think to have the baby adopted if they can not take care of the child?
Old May 20, '12, 4:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHolyTrinity View Post
This case opens the eyes not around abortion, but the need to support parents as a whole community. Those that have mental illnesses and are parents are fully listened too and supported in their roles as a parent.

If someone sat down and took the time to converse with these parents, they may have realized that Jacklyn's life was at risk.

One could question that these parents and Jacklyn are victims of the financial elite Can not afford for a abortion and can not afford to raise the child, with their lack of insight this was their option. Very sad that this has happened and a sad world that we live in.
Let me repeat: Social service is to be notified when you have one or both mentally handicapped people preparing to be parents. It is already the law. Both were/are probably receiving SSDisability and both or one may have been working through a government program. Last, unless she had the baby at home, the doctor and nurses would have realized the child was in danger.
Old May 20, '12, 5:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by aicirt View Post
Let me repeat: Social service is to be notified when you have one or both mentally handicapped people preparing to be parents. It is already the law. Both were/are probably receiving SSDisability and both or one may have been working through a government program. Last, unless she had the baby at home, the doctor and nurses would have realized the child was in danger.
I would question whether it is moral to allow people like this to marry in the first place. Remember, scripture says not everybody is fit to be spouses/parents. Matthew 19.

I'm pretty sure this biblical position is not reflected in the laws of this country, with the emphasis on individual liberties, but maybe it SHOULD be...
Old May 20, '12, 8:02 am

Religion: Catholic and Proud of it!

How sickening! This baby COULD have been ADOPTED by a childless couple (like my cousin and his wife who are trying to adopt) but instead, this little precious gift from God was MURDERED! This is no different than what George Tiller did or what Leroy Carhart does. The only difference is the baby was born.

"More souls go to hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason."
- Our Lady of Fatima

Who will speak for those who have no voice?

Life.....what a beautiful choice!
Old May 20, '12, 9:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmywaykurtz View Post
I would question whether it is moral to allow people like this to marry in the first place. Remember, scripture says not everybody is fit to be spouses/parents. Matthew 19.

I'm pretty sure this biblical position is not reflected in the laws of this country, with the emphasis on individual liberties, but maybe it SHOULD be...
Not every person with a low IQ or mentally handicapped kills. Actually, there are a lot more with higher IQs and income who have killed their unborn babies because it is inconvenient.....like 60 million in the last 40 years.
Old May 20, '12, 6:22 pm

Religion: Catholic - Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aicirt View Post
Why do people always try to make the Govt responsible for fixing everything? Their family and neighbors should have stepped in. Social services can help but they've also proven their ineptitude time and time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmywaykurtz View Post

I think it used to be not allowed, but now common sense has taken a back seat to 'civil rights'

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News