Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 19, '12, 6:56 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Blessed or cursed or something else

Amiciel and Trishie: perfect quotes from two of my favorite saints.. Because Mother Angelica surely will be..thank you.
Old Jun 19, '12, 7:15 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via AIM to Holly3278 Send a message via MSN to Holly3278 Send a message via Yahoo to Holly3278

Well, I know of a Bible passage that I think might give some insight into this. Here it is:

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
(Matthew 5:44-45 RSV-CE)

I am not sure how to interpret this passage in light of the subject for some reason it just seems relevant.

That said, I think it is important to remember that if we live a righteous and holy life and die in a state of grace, we will receive our reward in Heaven. In fact, Heaven itself is a reward. As for the wicked, they will go to Hell if they die in a state of mortal sin. So, keep in mind that while things may seem unjust here on earth, things will be perfectly just in the life to come.

"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." -- Saint Augustine of Hippo

"The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you'll be amazed at the results."
--St. Josemaria Escriva

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
--Saint Dominic

"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world."
--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Our Lady's 15 Promises to Those Who Pray the Rosary

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog
Old Jun 19, '12, 7:50 pm

It may seem like some people are more blessed because of financial success or in better health than those who struggle to survive, and those who do struggle to get by aren't really cursed and I don't believe God would play favorites either, however I do think we are living in an unbalanced world.
Old Jun 20, '12, 4:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Della View Post
Our senior pastor addressed very concern in his homily. He said that whatever comes into our lives God permits it in order to help us gain our salvation.

We always have to keep the big picture in mind and remember what is the ultimate goal of our lives on earth. It isn't to win prizes or get wealthy or have everything our way, it's to be perfected in love and united with God.

Even those whose lives seem to be blessed more than others have their crosses to bear--ones we don't necessarily see. No one gets a free ride or doesn't suffer something--we all must walk the way of the cross in one way or the other. So, if you or someone you know is having a hard time of it, know that God loves us infinitely--too much to not let us suffer so that we can repent of our sins, rid ourselves of our faults and come to perfection. No matter what form the process takes for each of us, it is the best one for us, for God knows each one, what he needs and what he can endure. So, we put everything into his merciful hands and trust him.

I hope that helps you.
Amen to that! I recently realized that the pier piper in my life, someon I thought was my friend but tempted me to evil, served a purpose; they indirectly brought me to Him. Although they first led me to evil, I saw my wrongdoIng and repented. I used to think "how could this prrson be allowed to tempt me so" but now I see it's all part of His plan. Hey, as long as I'm being brought closer to Him, it's good for me

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality