Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 22, '12, 2:01 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default We're having twins !!!

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

After a gut-wrenching 2-1/2 years of trying to become pregnant (including 2 miscarriages), my wife and I found out last Wednesday that we are having twins. We are now 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant. To say that we were ecstatic is an understatement. The Lord works in mysterious ways. After all of the hardships we have experienced, this was truly a day of joy.

Now comes the hard part. Obviously with twins come many more complications. Also, being my curious self, I went online to read about twins, and read about VTS (Vanishing Twin Syndrome). This is where one twin can be absorbed by either the other twin, or by the mother. My mind is racing with potential dangers along the way - I think this has happened because of the miscarriages from last year.

Please pray for us to have a successful and healthy pregnancy for both babies, and that both are born healthy. Also prayer for wife and me to have peace of mind.

Yours Sincerely in Christ,
BC
Old Jun 22, '12, 2:04 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Christian- Catholic (latin rite)
Default Re: We're having twins !!!

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, please have mercy upon BC and protect his wife and their two children. Strengthen, heal them in body, soul, and spirit. May BC cast all his anxieties to you, and remain close to you forever. Amen. Hail Mary...
Amen +
Old Jun 22, '12, 2:04 pm
Prayer Warrior

God, please protect BC's babies in their mother's womb. Have them be born healthy and grow up to be happy. Please grant peace of mind to BC and his wife. St. Joseph, please pray for them. Hail Mary...
Old Jun 22, '12, 2:43 pm
Book Club Member

I'm very happy for you and your wife and I will keep you both (and little babies!) in my prayers!
Old Jun 22, '12, 6:04 pm

[quote=Big BC;9439748]Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

After a gut-wrenching 2-1/2 years of trying to become pregnant (including 2 miscarriages), my wife and I found out last Wednesday that we are having twins. We are now 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant. To say that we were ecstatic is an understatement. The Lord works in mysterious ways. After all of the hardships we have experienced, this was truly a day of joy.

Now comes the hard part. Obviously with twins come many more complications. Also, being my curious self, I went online to read about twins, and read about VTS (Vanishing Twin Syndrome). This is where one twin can be absorbed by either the other twin, or by the mother. My mind is racing with potential dangers along the way - I think this has happened because of the miscarriages from last year.

Please pray for us to have a successful and healthy pregnancy for both babies, and that both are born healthy. Also prayer for wife and me to have peace of mind.

Yours Sincerely in Christ,

I'm so happy for you and your wife. I've asked the Lord to bring these little ones into the world on time and healthy. Enjoy them. God bless.
Old Jun 22, '12, 6:08 pm

Religion: Catholic, Confirmed Easter 2013

Congratulations!
Old Jun 23, '12, 4:26 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Lord, may Big BC trust in your goodness and providence, and love your holy will (whatever it is for him and his wife and twins). Please grant him peace of mind and courage throughout this pregnancy. Please protect both mother and child and grant them a safe delivery. May your holy will be done in thier lives with no obstacles to your holy will. Amen.
Old Jun 23, '12, 8:08 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Big BC, how wonderful! Now let me tell you, I've seen gazillions of TLC TV programs that mention this "twin absorption" thing, but they quickly note that it is soooooo very rare. Like, you know, you have a bigger chance of getting struck by lightening, etc. Pray to Our Lady to take these troubling thoughts away from you. Also, here is a prayer to St. Gerard for a safe pregnancy and delivery:

O great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of the Mother of God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love. O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused of crime, you did bear, like your Divine Master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers. Preserve her from danger and from the excessive pains accompanying childbirth, and shield the child which she now carries, that it may see the light of day and receive the purifying and life-giving waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Jun 23, '12, 8:40 pm
Prayer Warrior

Father Almighty, I pray for the pregnancy of Big BC's wife. May the pregnancy be uneventful and the twins be healthy. Thank You, Lord, for this wonderful gift you have given them. St. Gianna, pray for them. AMEN.
Old Jun 24, '12, 8:41 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

"Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me"
Old Jun 25, '12, 4:09 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Latin Rite Catholic

My most heartfelt congratulations Remembering you, your wife and your unborn twins in my daily prayers. God bless!

Just as God's will is creation and is called "the world," so his intention is the salvation of men, and it is called "the Church."
- St. Clement of Alexandria

Old Jun 25, '12, 3:26 pm
Prayer Warrior

O great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of the Mother of God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love. O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused of crime, you did bear, like your Divine Master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers. Preserve her from danger and from the excessive pains accompanying childbirth, and shield the child which she now carries, that it may see the light of day and receive the purifying and life-giving waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Jun 26, '12, 12:05 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

"Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me"
Old Jun 26, '12, 6:40 pm
Prayer Warrior

Old Jun 26, '12, 6:51 pm
Prayer Warrior

Wonderful news! God be praised!

Praying for you and your growing family. May God protect these young ones, already persons in His eyes.

God bless,
Ut

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions