Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 3, '12, 10:30 am

Exclamation Will Praying the Rosary Bring About Miracles?

I haven't been praying the Rosary, but have been motivated to start after reading many stories or people getting Signal Graces, answered prayers, even seeing aparations, or experiencing miracles. Does everyone get to experience something? Who has some interesting stories?

I have also decided to start wearing a miraculous medal of Mary.
Old Jul 3, '12, 10:41 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Will Praying the Rosary Bring About Miracles?

You don't pray the rosary in order to "get" something.

I'm not saying that's what you mean, though. Just wanted to clarify.
Old Jul 3, '12, 10:46 am

I know but my faith for Catholic religion hasn't been strong, it would almost confirm my faith to atleast get signal graces even!
Old Jul 3, '12, 10:47 am

Here's my opinion.

Miracles result from our interaction with the spiritual world. We are interacting with "persons". It's not physics. In physics, it's always the same. An object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by a countering force. Every time, always the same.

A person does not have the same "always the same" nature. Think about your kids (or your childhood). How often do your kids get the same answer to their request?

Will praying the rosary bring about miracles? "Depends" has to be the answer.

There are many different ways to interact with the spiritual world. Praying the rosary is one of those ways. I highly encourage it. As I contemplate the progression of the life of Christ that is contained in the rosary - I am continually pulled closer to Christ. As a result, I find myself praying for the sake of the Kingdom more and more (and less and less for my own personal sake).

Also, I love the miraculous medal. I had one, but gave it to my father-in-law since he has cancer. I hope to get one again in the not-too-distant future.

We need more prayer warriors in this fight. Please do all that you feel called to do!
Old Jul 3, '12, 10:50 am

Thank you in_servitude
Old Jul 3, '12, 11:37 am

I haven't experienced miracles but I have noticed an increase in faith and charity in my daily life.

The rosary is a big part of my prayer life.
Old Jul 3, '12, 12:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmuestwin View Post
I haven't experienced miracles but I have noticed an increase in faith and charity in my daily life.
I agree.

I had one thing happen. I don't think, it's a miracle, but still extraordinary.

As with most people now, I'm unemployed, money is extremely tight. My car insurance premium was coming due. I crunched the numbers, and was looking at a very, very uncomfortably tight couple of months. I asked Mother Mary to pray for me.

I received a notice from the state of Colorado to send a copy of my 2007 state income tax return. I thought, "Oh great, I made a mistake on my return."

4 weeks later, 1 week before my car insurance was due--I received a check for $224. The state owed me money. $224 was the exact amount I needed for my car insurance.
Old Jul 3, '12, 1:02 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Sometimes it does bring about miracles. But it's not going to happen every single time.
Old Jul 3, '12, 1:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorgeousBlonde View Post
I haven't been praying the Rosary, but have been motivated to start after reading many stories or people getting Signal Graces, answered prayers, even seeing aparations, or experiencing miracles. Does everyone get to experience something? Who has some interesting stories?

I have also decided to start wearing a miraculous medal of Mary.
The Rosary is a wonderful prayer, and through it the Holy Spirit can lead you into deeper prayer.

There are miracles that can dazzle, and there are miracles of grace that are subtle yet powerful! I am happy with the subtle ones that are powerful, but if the Lord decides to do a dazzling miraclel I am open to it!
Old Jul 3, '12, 1:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by asia53 View Post
I agree.

I had one thing happen. I don't think, it's a miracle, but still extraordinary.

As with most people now, I'm unemployed, money is extremely tight. My car insurance premium was coming due. I crunched the numbers, and was looking at a very, very uncomfortably tight couple of months. I asked Mother Mary to pray for me.

I received a notice from the state of Colorado to send a copy of my 2007 state income tax return. I thought, "Oh great, I made a mistake on my return."

4 weeks later, 1 week before my car insurance was due--I received a check for $224. The state owed me money. $224 was the exact amount I needed for my car insurance.
That is a very dazzling answer to prayer! Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 3, '12, 3:05 pm

I posted this on another thread so apologies to those who've already read it. In April of 2011, my wife informed me that an old high school friend had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She was a cheerleader for three years with my wife and my wife graduated with her husband. We weren't close friends however, we didn't socialize with them but our kids played sports together so we'd see them from time to time. Even though we weren't close, I was devastated by the news. She had lost her husband three years earlier to cancer and I couldn't stop thinking about how frightened she must have been after watching her husband whither away. And I couldn't stop thinking about how worried she must have been for her three adult children, the youngest still in college. I suggested to my wife that we order some Lourdes water and Rosary Beads from the Catholic gift shop in Lourdes. When I received the items, I had them blessed but now that I was about to send them to her, I panicked and wondered if she still had her faith. I thought she might be angry at God for the hand she was dealt. So being a coward, I sent them anonymously. I wrote in the card that I hoped the gift didn't offend or upset her and that we wished we could help her carry her cross. Then I wrote that I prayed the Rosary for her every night at 9:30 and asked her to pray it with me. Then I prayed my heart out for her, every night at 9:30 faithfully. At the time I was praying three Chaplets a day, all of them with the same corresponding mystery for whatever day it was and I'd remember her in all three of my chaplets but that last one at 9:30 was just for her. Every night around 9:00 I'd start talking to God asking him if my faith was strong enough to move a mountain, I was praying for a miracle. I'd remember how far I'd come from my sinful ways to where I was at the time. I had recently made my first confession in over 40 years, attended Mass regularly, confession weekly, fasting twice a week, 15 decades, a Saint Michael Chaplet and a Divine Mercy daily. Then in late September we heard she was in the hospital followed by a stay at her sister's and then we heard she was coming home. I knew what that meant so I started praying the Divine Mercy for her. I only prayed it twice. Now it was mid October and I said my first Rosary at 7:00 am followed by a Saint Michael. I'd usually pray my second Rosary mid day sometime but for some reason I decided to pray my second Rosary at 9:30. It was a Wednesday so I was praying the Glorious Mysteries and while I was on the Ascension mystery, with my eyes closed, a round light flashed across my vision. It made an arc and then stopped. It was perfectly round with sharp clean edges and glowed a bluish white color then went out. It was about the size of a pencil eraser and I remember thinking, that's odd, nothing like that has ever happened before or since for that matter. Well I finished my Rosary and that afternoon wife wife sent me a text telling me that she had died about 9:30 that morning. Now you can believe whatever you want to believe but I know in my heart that was her thanking me for the prayers. If you only knew how hard I prayed for her and then to have that happen within minutes of her death is no coincidence. I still say that Rosary for her, her husband and her children every night at 9:30 and I will as long as I'm able. But now I say 20 decades a day because I have proof that my prayers worked. Perhaps I did help her carry her cross a bit!
Old Jul 3, '12, 3:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
I posted this on another thread so apologies to those who've already read it. In April of 2011, my wife informed me that an old high school friend had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She was a cheerleader for three years with my wife and my wife graduated with her husband. We weren't close friends however, we didn't socialize with them but our kids played sports together so we'd see them from time to time. Even though we weren't close, I was devastated by the news. She had lost her husband three years earlier to cancer and I couldn't stop thinking about how frightened she must have been after watching her husband whither away. And I couldn't stop thinking about how worried she must have been for her three adult children, the youngest still in college. I suggested to my wife that we order some Lourdes water and Rosary Beads from the Catholic gift shop in Lourdes. When I received the items, I had them blessed but now that I was about to send them to her, I panicked and wondered if she still had her faith. I thought she might be angry at God for the hand she was dealt. So being a coward, I sent them anonymously. I wrote in the card that I hoped the gift didn't offend or upset her and that we wished we could help her carry her cross. Then I wrote that I prayed the Rosary for her every night at 9:30 and asked her to pray it with me. Then I prayed my heart out for her, every night at 9:30 faithfully. At the time I was praying three Chaplets a day, all of them with the same corresponding mystery for whatever day it was and I'd remember her in all three of my chaplets but that last one at 9:30 was just for her. Every night around 9:00 I'd start talking to God asking him if my faith was strong enough to move a mountain, I was praying for a miracle. I'd remember how far I'd come from my sinful ways to where I was at the time. I had recently made my first confession in over 40 years, attended Mass regularly, confession weekly, fasting twice a week, 15 decades, a Saint Michael Chaplet and a Divine Mercy daily. Then in late September we heard she was in the hospital followed by a stay at her sister's and then we heard she was coming home. I knew what that meant so I started praying the Divine Mercy for her. I only prayed it twice. Now it was mid October and I said my first Rosary at 7:00 am followed by a Saint Michael. I'd usually pray my second Rosary mid day sometime but for some reason I decided to pray my second Rosary at 9:30. It was a Wednesday so I was praying the Glorious Mysteries and while I was on the Ascension mystery, with my eyes closed, a round light flashed across my vision. It made an arc and then stopped. It was perfectly round with sharp clean edges and glowed a bluish white color then went out. It was about the size of a pencil eraser and I remember thinking, that's odd, nothing like that has ever happened before or since for that matter. Well I finished my Rosary and that afternoon wife wife sent me a text telling me that she had died about 9:30 that morning. Now you can believe whatever you want to believe but I know in my heart that was her thanking me for the prayers. If you only knew how hard I prayed for her and then to have that happen within minutes of her death is no coincidence. I still say that Rosary for her, her husband and her children every night at 9:30 and I will as long as I'm able. But now I say 20 decades a day because I have proof that my prayers worked. Perhaps I did help her carry her cross a bit!
Thanks for sharing that wonderful answer to prayer! When we least expect it and don't look for it, the Lord does surprise us in a special way.
Old Jul 3, '12, 4:28 pm
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic

As we pray the Rosary, our relationship with God grows, and we are transformed more into the people we are meant to be,
Old Jul 3, '12, 4:30 pm

Yes, miracles do happen. I have three children that prove that but it's all in His time and if it is His will...I continue to rattle those beads!
Old Jul 3, '12, 4:39 pm

I won't bore you with the details, but, the Blessed Mother dragged me, kicking and screaming, into the Catholic Church!!! Really, I only said, I wouldn,t have called it praying, one, uno decade, threw the rosary into my sock drawer and swore I'd never, ever do that again! Six months later I was Catholic!!!

So, the short answer is YES! Miracals, signal graces, and answered prayer!!! All that and more. BUT, as someone once said; "God is not a genie" and neither is the Blessed Virgin! Mary always points to Jesus and good son that He is Jesus always honors his mother. Mary's intercession is very effective. Remember the wedding at Cana. Mary said they have no wine. Jesus said so what! But he changed water into wine because His mother, Mary said to!!! Offer yourself to the Blessed Virgin, get a copy of "Total Consecration" by St. Louis de Montfort, otherwise known as Holy Slavery. It will help. Then take Moses' advice; Stand still and watch the deliverance of the Lord!!!

And please remember this isn't magic or some sort of spiritism!! It's walking by faith - it's the feast of Thomas the Apostle today remember what Jesus said to him; "...blessed are those who have not seen yet believe."

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism