Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 3, '12, 4:14 pm

Religion: For now Non-Denominational Protestant Gender:Male
Default Re: Will Praying the Rosary Bring About Miracles?

I think that's where people misunderstand us what happens only happens if it's God's will not ours even while we're praying for others health, what happens is only possible through Him.
Old Jul 3, '12, 4:50 pm
Banned

Religion: Olde fashioned Christian
Smile Re: Will Praying the Rosary Bring About Miracles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonesd3 View Post
I think that's where people misunderstand us what happens only happens if it's God's will not ours even while we're praying for others health, what happens is only possible through Him.
Excellent observation.

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign: and a sign shall not be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet"
Matt 16:4
Old Jul 3, '12, 4:57 pm

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonesd3 View Post
And, prayer helps us to be open to God's Will and to love it, even when we don't like what is happening.
Old Jul 4, '12, 8:21 pm

Religion: For now Non-Denominational Protestant Gender:Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
And, prayer helps us to be open to God's Will and to love it, even when we don't like what is happening.
Exactly people like to do the finger pointing at HIM only when the bad happens not the good
Old Jul 5, '12, 12:57 am

Religion: RC

Quote:
Will Praying the Rosary Bring About Miracles?
Why not try it and see for yourself? A little video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tekUeHIlc8
Old Jul 5, '12, 11:38 pm

I don't know if praying the rosary brings miracles, however, when I am led to pray it, I get peace.

This week I prayed the rosary for intentions and a strange thing happened. I was meditating on the Ascension of our Lord and all of a sudden I could see Jesus as He appears the the Divine Mercy. Something told me to turn on EWTN and when I did the priest was saying the last prayers of the Divine Mercy Chaplet. I felt that was a confirmation that the Lord and Blessed Mary were listening to my prayers.

Since I don't say the Divine Mercy Chaplet, although I love it when I hear it sung, I am now going to start saying it more often.

Yours in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary

Bernadette
Old Jul 6, '12, 1:36 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Faithful to Pope Francis~ Roman Catholic

Yes it is certainly miraculous though I don't want to go into too much detail but prior to starting praying the Rosary I had something I wanted in life that was unreachable now since praying the Rosary daily, now 20 decades when I can the dream seems to be coming true. Though in the end I will leave it up to Mary
Definitely do start praying it!!!It will change your life and you will look forward to it

"O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee"

Where to send your petitions -
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=451946
Old Jul 7, '12, 9:31 am

Well, Ill admit I ignored the rosary for quite some time. I dont know how it happened. Maybe I just became spiritually lazy to the point that I didnt have a roasry any more. I tried as much as possible to go to church every sunday but at times I overslept or was late for mass most of the time. Heck, I think I became a heretic, questioning every and anything around me and behaving the way I saw fit.

Well to cut a long story short, Ive been having a problem for some months now and realised my everyday one-lined prayer was not going to suffice. I stumbled on a website with several prayers and novenas 3 months ago and started doing some prayers. I wanted to also do some novenas but according to me, doing a novena was too long. That was too much praying IMHO.lol !!! But when the problem persisted(it seemed like everything went against me) I said doing a novena was not a bad idea afterall. I started doing some novenas and when I do novenas, I like to read testimonies of other people about how the novenas worked for them.

As I started searching for testimonies on the St Rita novena, I stumbled on a website talking about a man who receives an appartition of a cross every year during lent on his wall. Wow, I was very impressed! On the website, theres also a section where one could submit prayer request. I clicked on it and it led me to a St. Marys church. I got irritated( looking at it now, I dont understand the reason for my irritation) and closed the page. I then went on to listen to some podcast about the owner of the site( the guy who sees the cross) and he explained how he became close to Jesus and how after praying the 54 day Rosary novena, Mary appeared to him and cured him from some heart complications. It then clicked in head! Maybe St Rita or Mary was leading me to pray the rosary?? I had never heard of the 54 day rosary novena before. I always had several rosaries with me but to my astonishement, I couldnt even find one! I went to my priest and asked if I could buy a rosary together with a miraculous medal. He not only offered me a rosary blessed by the pope, but also 2 miraculous medals, one in silver and the other in gold.

Im still doing the 54 day novena and sometimes certain "coincidences" happen which make me wonder if thats a signal grace. 2 days ago for e.g I wrote to my sister asking her if she knew St Dymphna and encouraging her to do the novena since she sometimes suffer from emotional issues. Can you believe that she also learnt about St Dymphna just 3 months ago and tried doing the novena only last week but stopped after 5 days because she came back from work and was too tired to continue?It was such a coincidence!!
When I started doing the novena, I started seeing things differently. It seems as if Ive become more conscious of things I do/did wrong. I used to feel some kind of unhappiness and lonliness but with praying the rosary and attending the holy mass as much as I can this past month, Im not only succeeding in taking control of my problem emotionally but also in staying calm.

The answer to my problem is due for next and I really hope our mother Mary comes through for me. Please keep me in ur prayers.

ps: sorry for the lengthy story, sometimes I jus love to rant.

Last edited by tbmeg; Jul 7, '12 at 9:45 am.
Old Aug 9, '13, 9:22 am

Religion: catholic
Wink Re: Will Praying the Rosary Bring About Miracles?

I have heard that the rosary is a most powerful prayer. I have noticed a increase in my prayers being answered and this is consistent with my rosary devotions. Although we must always remember that God works with us in his way not ours we must be open to excepting his will in all things even when it is not what we wanted and remember with faith that he will lead us to what we need not always what we think we need.

At first I found my self just asking for what I want and only during troubling times, then I realized that praying the rosary is more than that. It is about true faith in Christ and his Church, devoting our self to the life of Christ and incorporating his life into our own. Also allowing our Mother in heaven to lead us to her son and learning from her as an example for our own lives.

We must pray it as often as possible dedicating our entire lives to Christ! Also keep in mind that God knows what you need and want so a daily devoted prayer of the rosary must be centered on worship and thankfulness to God. The miracles that we are looking for will come in Gods time and he knows!

I also like the rosary because it is a good Christ centered prayer that can take 15-20 min or more. I feel it is important to spend a good amount of time in prayer daily just to be with God and the spiritual world in heaven, our family.

Christ promises us that what ever we ask in faith will be given to us, so does the rosary effect miracles? Yes, as does all faithful prayer...

God bless us all in our journey back home.
Old Aug 10, '13, 4:45 pm

Saint Teresa of Avila talks amply about miracles and graces from God.

She emphasizes that no one does anything to earn God's graces. Sometimes we have these graces bestowed upon us, sometimes not. Sometimes miracles might happen to someone who we jealously think "doesn't deserve" them as much as we do. This is flawed thinking.

Pray the rosary. Pray it! God has answered some of my prayers, and I have no doubt He will continue to. Have faith in God, have hope in God, but don't expect from God!
We often think we know what we need. We are often wrong.
Sometimes we receive what we did not know we needed.

My modern english paraphrasing of an antiquated quote: "why do folks complain so commonly of the will of God or Fortune, which gives them often in many a disguise well better than they would have themselves devised!"
Be open to God. I will pray for you!
Old Aug 10, '13, 5:09 pm

Yes miracles can definitely happen by praying the Rosary. My mother could not get pregnant no matter how hard she tried. She kept having miscarriages and was very depressed but she didn't give up. She prayed the 15 decades of the Rosary each day for 6 years. She was so upset one day after going to another relative's baby shower (i think it was a baby shower) that she told God she wanted to have 2 children after all she went through. As it turns out, she hit the jackpot and gave birth to identical twin sons: every mother's dream. I am one of those children and there is no doubt that I would not be here typing this if my mother did not persevere in praying the Rosary. There have been many many many many many miracles that people have received by praying the Rosary. I recommend the 54 Day Irresistible Rosary Novena: http://www.knightsofdivinemercy.com/...ena_Rosary.pdf
Old Aug 10, '13, 5:15 pm
Banned
Prayer Warrior

Our Lady promised us that all who are devoted to the Rosary shall never be denied a grace that they ask of her. I think that says it all.
Old Nov 17, '13, 5:35 pm
Observing Member

Miracles happen daily, and we take them so for granted that we don't even recognize them. For example, have you experienced the miracle of a sunrise or sunset recently? Ever? Or, have you witnessed the miracle of lightning lighting the night sky just before the booming thunder-clap? Or, have you witnessed the miracle of conception? Of course you have, your own conception. While scientists think we can explain many miraculous events in everyday life, we MUST remain ever conscious of the miracle of God's creation. When we seek incredible events as miracles, we lose the message of the Gospel. Every Sunday we attend Mass and receive the body and blood of Christ in the Eucharistic celebration, we are witnesses to Heaven. I recommend Scott Hahn's "The Lamb's Supper." It is a Holy explanation of the miracle of Christ's paschal sacrifice for all of our sins celebrated daily all over the globe. I have experienced the miracles mentioned above. I also pray the Rosary daily, not to receive some incredible miracle, but to reinforce my love for Mary, immaculate, most Holy tabernacle of our Lord and Savior, her Son, Jesus the Christ. I believe that its recitation is an actual grace, whereas the Sacraments constitute sanctifying grace. God bless you. If you are interested consider consecrating your life to Mary. Again, I humbly recommend St. Louis de Montefort's book "True Devotion to Mary" and the website www.ageofmary.com. Pray for her intercessions in your life, and you will experience miraculous healing. Through Mary to Jesus, may God bless you abundantly. (I stumbled upon your question while searching for a way to pray the Miraculous Medal Novena. I'll now return to my search. Please pray for me.)

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism