Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 30, '12, 2:10 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: searching for the truth
Default rosary and its effects

Hi
Could someone of you tell me what effects have praying rosary on you
Old Jul 30, '12, 3:04 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: rosary and its effects

Peace.

If you are stressed, worried, in fear, etc. the Rosary can help return you to a more balanced state.
Old Jul 30, '12, 3:10 pm

Thumbs up Re: rosary and its effects

Hi Watcher10!
There are so many effects, depending on the mysteries and what's going on in my life, but I'll try to narrow it down to a few. This is my favorite way to pray, so it'll be hard not to write a novella on here about it.

The effect that happens most often is the peacefulness felt during the Rosary. The Hail Mary is such a great little prayer to the most beautiful Woman and Her Son, it's like a tiny taste of heaven.

When meditating on the mysteries, it varies:
in awe of how God chooses to do things and who He chooses to use, the hurt my sins cause Him, insights into what needs working on or strength to get through something, love and appreciation for Mary and Her Gift to the World, how far God will go to bring me to Him. Those are a few off the top of my head.
Old Jul 30, '12, 3:18 pm
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher10 View Post
Hi
Could someone of you tell me what effects have praying rosary on you
This may help some:

http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/prayer/15promise.htm

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." (Rev 21:4)
Old Jul 30, '12, 3:23 pm
Book Club Member

The little rosary book I have has a prayer to the Virgin Mary about each mystery that asks for certain graces. Such as: a love of the cross, the grace to be poor in spirit, the grace of detachment from material things, etc. (too many for me to type right now). As I devotedly pray these with the rosary and meditate on the mysteries I am feeling these graces entering my life.

I'm lucky enough to have a physical labour job that only requires a small part of my brain, so I am able to pray the rosary while I work.
Old Jul 30, '12, 3:51 pm
Observing Member

Smile Re: rosary and its effects

I have had so many beautiful experiences while praying the Rosary. Many times I will hear/see thoughts come to me giving insight into a problem I'm having in my life. Other times the thoughts that come to me are unexpected and have to do with things about myself that I didn't know before. Things that further draw me closer to God, a further understanding of the mysteries we are focused on. The Rosary is beautiful in so many different ways and you will find new ways that it will relate to you.
Old Jul 30, '12, 4:22 pm
Banned
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic
Arrow +Love+

The Rosary is like a miracle tool to reap a beautiful Harvest. It is essential and no other tool in Religion is a greater way to give glory to the Living God, nor achieve a great splendor of virtue for the soul to wear so it does not walk around naked.
Old Jul 30, '12, 5:07 pm

Religion: catholic

Praying the rosary has been amazing for me. When I pray the rosary everyday things just seem to work out better and I have a lot of peace. It's hard to explain it has to be experienced.
Old Jul 31, '12, 8:07 pm

Religion: Desperately Catholic

The rosary is the surest way to conquer sin. It is most effective weapon against Satan apart from the holy sacraments. I have recently rediscovered this great prayer. I call it an anti-sin device and I have committed to pray it every day. I have noticed how the devil will try to do everything he can to keep me from prayer. But it is important to stick with it regardless of whatever obstacles you may face throughout the day. Today I prayed the sorrowful mysteries and was completely focused, which is unusual for me. God revealed so much to me as I prayed each mystery and I came to realize things about Christ's passion that never occurred to me before. I felt so connected to the heart of Christ. It was a deeply emotional experience, more powerful than watching Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ.
Each day I look more forward to my time of prayer with our Lord and our Lady.
Old Aug 2, '12, 10:28 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

I have just recently started praying the rosary each day, or, trying to, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that it has had a very positive affect on my life.

I deal with a couple of addictions that I have been trying, with varying degrees of fervor and success, to overcome for years. I slip up frequently and begin to feel like it's pointless, and it takes me a long time to try again. Since I've started to pray the rosary, I slip up less frequently, and renew my convictions almost immediately. It has helped me make great strides towards living a good life.

In addition to this, when I am truly able to focus on the prayers there is a certain kind of peace or calmness that comes with it. It is a very comforting feeling, like all the troubles of life are... well.. not gone but... not important.... (even now, just thinking about it, I'm getting a taste of that feeling, a memory of it)

The benefits of tee rosary cannot be explained, they can only be experienced. I encourage you to trying saying it daily, or even weekly. Start small and work towards the best you can. I personally hope to eventually reach a point where I'm beginning and ending my day with the rosary, in addition to my other prayers, of course.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality