Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Nov 24, '12, 6:21 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Prayer to the shoulder wound of Jesus

I thought some people might like this.

O Loving Jesus, meek Lamb of God, I a miserable sinner, salute and worship the most Sacred Wound of Thy Shoulder on which Thou didst bear Thy heavy Cross, which so tore Thy Flesh and laid bare Thy Bones as to inflict on Thee an anguish greater than any other Wound of Thy Most Blessed Body. I adore Thee, O Jesus most sorrowful; I praise and glorify Thee and give Thee thanks for this most sacred and painful Wound, beseeching Thee by that exceeding pain and by the crushing burden of Thy heavy Cross to be merciful to me, a sinner, to forgive me all my mortal and venial sins, and to lead me on towards Heaven along the Way of Thy Cross.

Amen.

Pope Eugenius III, at the earnest request of St. Bernard, has granted three thousand years Indulgence to all who with a contrite heart, recite the Lord's Prayer and Hail Mary 3 times, in honor of the Wound on the Shoulder of Our Blessed Redeemer.
Old Nov 24, '12, 8:39 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Prayer to the shoulder wound of Jesus

Just another question regarding indulgences: Do you specify a particular person in purgatory to apply it to, or just offer it in general to the Holy Souls or for yourself?
The bread I will give is my flesh for the life of the world (Jn 6:51).
Old Nov 24, '12, 10:16 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Byzantine Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollylodges View Post

O Loving Jesus, meek Lamb of God, I a miserable sinner, salute and worship the most Sacred Wound of Thy Shoulder on which Thou didst bear Thy heavy Cross, which so tore Thy Flesh and laid bare Thy Bones as to inflict on Thee an anguish greater than any other Wound of Thy Most Blessed Body. I adore Thee, O Jesus most sorrowful; I praise and glorify Thee and give Thee thanks for this most sacred and painful Wound, beseeching Thee by that exceeding pain and by the crushing burden of Thy heavy Cross to be merciful to me, a sinner, to forgive me all my mortal and venial sins, and to lead me on towards Heaven along the Way of Thy Cross.

Amen.

Pope Eugenius III, at the earnest request of St. Bernard, has granted three thousand years Indulgence to all who with a contrite heart, recite the Lord's Prayer and Hail Mary 3 times, in honor of the Wound on the Shoulder of Our Blessed Redeemer.
I have prayed this beautiful prayer for many years.For the special intention of bringing three of my four children back to the church and I won`t give up until thy have returned.
"Glory forever!"
Old Nov 25, '12, 3:03 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

Quote:

Amen.

Amen

"Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me"
Old Nov 25, '12, 4:41 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

prayer said
Old Nov 26, '12, 5:13 am
Forum Elder

Amen.

Old Nov 26, '12, 1:04 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Thank you for sharing this devotion. I have a devotion the Precious Blood shed by Jesus ... I'd like a devotion to His shoulder wound as well.
Old Nov 26, '12, 3:45 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Quote:

Amen.

Amen

Old Nov 26, '12, 10:08 pm
Forum Elder

Amen.

Old Nov 27, '12, 2:00 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Quote:

Amen.

Amen

Old Nov 27, '12, 11:28 pm
Forum Elder

Amen.

Old Nov 28, '12, 8:52 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Quote:

Amen.

Amen

Old Nov 28, '12, 9:05 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Amen!
Old Nov 28, '12, 11:25 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Amen.

Old Nov 29, '12, 12:30 am
Forum Elder

Amen.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions