Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old May 12, '13, 3:53 pm

Religion: Agnostic
Send a message via AIM to EmperorNapoleon
Default Republicans raising money off Benghazi effort

Quote:
The National Republican Congressional Committee is using the debate over Benghazi to raise money.
Very interesting indeed, but can't say I'm surprised the GOP would sink so low as to use the bodies of four Americans as a fundraising opportunity. I suppose it just goes to show how manufactured the outrage over Obama's alleged motivation for the alleged Benghazi "conspiracy" really is. Practically has a made-in-China sticker.

Last edited by EmperorNapoleon; May 12, '13 at 4:10 pm.
Old May 12, '13, 4:04 pm

Religion: Christian
Default Re: Republicans raising money off Benghazi effort

Only those few Republicans who have been pressing for justice for the slain deserve plaudits for exposing the corruption and incompetence of Obama, Hillary and Rice. One would hope that all people of conscience would, however, cease sending donations to anyone connected with Obama.
Old May 12, '13, 4:05 pm
Banned

Religion: Catholic

Why in the world does people making money off of a tragedy, as is a staple of civilization for centuries, mean that the outrage is manufactured or that the conspiracy isn't real?
Old May 12, '13, 5:00 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorNapoleon View Post
Very interesting indeed, but can't say I'm surprised the GOP would sink so low as to use the bodies of four Americans as a fundraising opportunity. I suppose it just goes to show how manufactured the outrage over Obama's alleged motivation for the alleged Benghazi "conspiracy" really is. Practically has a made-in-China sticker.
Is this anything as shameful as Obama using the victims of Sandy Hook to pursue a gun grab? Pot, meet kettle.

Hypocrisy anyone?

Ishii
Old May 12, '13, 5:22 pm
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishii View Post
Is this anything as shameful as Obama using the victims of Sandy Hook to pursue a gun grab? Pot, meet kettle.

Hypocrisy anyone?

Ishii
Heavens EN, you don't know that Obama learned from Rahm "Never let a crisis go to waste!?" He's the master at using victims of crimes or tragedies to shove his agenda through. As Ishii noted the Sandy Hook families were trotted out on cue. Gabrielle Giffords was used time and time again on the gun issue. A kid whose mother died of cancer (although she was NEVER denied medical care) was a prop to sign Obamacare. He also had police and first responders behind him (many of them looking VERY unhappy about being there) for yet another gun grab speech. Oh and the prop docs given white coats to push Obamacare were another thigh slapper!

Now I realize this is sounding like a little kid trying to justify his behavior by pointing to his brother and saying "Jimmy did it too!" But your initial post with the feigned outrage was quite entertaining...me thinks you doth protest too much EN!

Lisa
Old May 12, '13, 5:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaA View Post
But your initial post with the feigned outrage was quite entertaining...me thinks you doth protest too much EN!
Do you support profiteering on Benghazi? Are you capable of criticizing the GOP on this without saying but but but Obama?
Old May 12, '13, 5:36 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Good for theml.It's going tho take a lot of money tho overcome the MM and make sure the people know the truth when the next election comes around.

Miguel Agustin Pro
Old May 12, '13, 5:37 pm
Book Club Member

Quote:
Do you support profiteering on Benghazi? Are you capable of criticizing the GOP on this without saying but but but Obama?
I couldn't get your link to work so saw nothing but the headline. I'm not sure which group is raising money or for what purpose. If it's some self serving candidate wanting to line his campaign chest, I would be opposed or to fund some silly effort like "IMPEACH OBAMA" which is about as pointless as the search for the birth certificate.

However, I would be all for raising money to provide information to the public because the MSM has clearly been running cover for Obama and Hillary since the Benghazi attack. Since the press is not free, nor is advertising, raising money to tell the truth about the Benghazi attack, the requests for security, the failure to provide it, the stand down order, the failure of Mrs Clinton to engage after being informed of the attack, the President aka CiC was totally MIA although presumably he knew the attack was in process, and finally the rewriting of the talking points which may have helped turn the election and caused the disgraceful delays in the investigation. As Rep Gowdy noted, crime scenes do not get better with age. This is a foreign policy and national security disaster.

If it wasn't dishonesty it was incompetence of the highest order. Take your pick EN. There are no angels in this play.

Lisa
Old May 12, '13, 5:42 pm

EmperorNapoleon,

I want to know if you can name just one thing you don't like about either what Obama has or hasn't done during his time as the president. If you can't then I would say that your judgment is too partisan and biased to be objective in talks about politics.
Old May 12, '13, 5:47 pm

Wink Re: Republicans raising money off Benghazi effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaA View Post
This is a foreign policy and national security disaster. If it wasn't dishonesty it was incompetence of the highest order. Take your pick EN. There are no angels in this play.
Personally, I don't view incidents like this as if the sky is falling. I don't blame Obama for Benghazi, Bush for Karachi, Taskkent, Jeddah, Damascus, etc or Reagan for Beirut. Stuff like this happens and the bureaucracy has never been capable of handling it. People need to have realistic expectations of their government and ours is not and has never been an all seeing eye or lightning fast juggernaut. It took hours to figure out what was happening and cobble together a real response even when our homeland was under attack. For better or worse, that is just the way our government functions.
Old May 12, '13, 5:55 pm

Quote:
Personally, I don't view incidents like this as if the sky is falling. I don't blame Obama for Benghazi, Bush for Karachi, Taskkent, Jeddah, Damascus, etc or Reagan for Beirut. Stuff like this happens and the bureaucracy has never been capable of handling it. People need to have realistic expectations of their government and ours is not and has never been an all seeing eye or lightning fast juggernaut. It took hours to figure out what was happening and cobble together a real response even when our homeland was under attack. For better or worse, that is just the way our government functions.
But are you capable of criticizing Obama? Or is being critical of him as unthinkable to you as it is for us Catholics to criticize our Pope?
Old May 12, '13, 5:56 pm

Quote:

As opposed, say, to the Democratic senator from Connecticut, no less, who solicited contributions after the Newtown school children massacre - to supposedly help his " gun control" efforts? There were 26 bodies involved there.
Old May 12, '13, 5:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingwordunity View Post
But are you capable of criticizing Obama?
I'm not going to criticize the President of The United States for your personal amusement.
Old May 12, '13, 5:58 pm

Quote:
I'm not going to criticize the President of The United States for your personal amusement.
OK, you are not capable of criticizing Obama. Got it.

I guess it's a Democrat thing because Republicans are allowed to criticize each other.

Old May 12, '13, 6:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingwordunity View Post
OK, you are not capable of criticizing Obama. Got it. I guess it's a Democrat thing because Republicans are allowed to criticize each other.
If I find something worthy of criticism then I will do it, but as I said, I'm not going to criticize the President of the United States for your personal amusement.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News