Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 20, '13, 7:26 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Lightbulb 54-Day Rosary Novena

I have just read that the 54-Day Rosary Novena is probably the most powerful novena out there... That's so much prayer, that I don't even know what I'd ask for. What would be the most beneficial thing I could possibly ask for??? Currently I'm trying to cultivate a devout living as a Catholic, learning the in's and out's of God. What intention could really help that along? Also, what would you ask for if you were to pray this? Maybe mention any stories if you've already received what you've asked for
Old May 20, '13, 9:01 pm
Veteran Member

Default Re: 54-Day Rosary Novena

Just praying the novena will bring graces to you... as for intentions, for conversions, for help to those in need, for an end to abortion, for those considering abortion...

We prayed the Rosary Novena; it was hard! Bit we got so much out of it. I have been wanting to do it again and hope to start soon.

"The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes; she is tolerant in practice because she loves. The enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe; they are intolerant in practice because they do not love."
-Rev. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange O.P

Old May 21, '13, 12:51 am
Forum Master

I know I might not be able to answer your questions appropriately but I would have to agree with St. Francis Our Blessed Mother is a loving a Mother to us all and she will lead us to her son, Jesus Christ.

To Jesus through Mary

May I suggest the following websites:

http://www.prayerflowers.com/54DayNovena.htm

There is also CAF member Karenanna's website:

http://missionbell.homestead.com/54-...of-autism.html

God bless,

goforgoal
"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old May 21, '13, 11:14 am
Prayer Warrior

So I read that you should only ask for one favor when you pray this. I already did one rosary yesterday, mentioning a lot more than one. Do you think it's fine if I change it?
Old May 21, '13, 12:57 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Far be it for me to be a downer (), but when I made that novena, I didn't get an answer. Undoubtedly, I did something wrong.
Old May 21, '13, 1:58 pm

I try to say the rosary daily so I'm definitely going to try to do this. Thanks!
Old May 21, '13, 4:55 pm
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhighblue34 View Post
So I read that you should only ask for one favor when you pray this. I already did one rosary yesterday, mentioning a lot more than one. Do you think it's fine if I change it?
There are so many people and so much in need of Prayers that I've asked for more than one.

I believe that Our Blessed Mother understands.

Remember, that Novena's are not magical nor are they to make a "wish" come true.

Don't be discouraged and keep on Praying.

God bless,

goforgoal
"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old May 26, '13, 9:57 am

I have been doing the Rosary Novena

I ask for the following graces:

1. For the speedy relief of poor souls in the Purgatory, especially those closest to the Heaven and those suffering the most in the Purgatory;

2. For my physical and spiritual needs

The first one intention is indeed what I encourage. What greater joy there is than the ascension of cleansed souls to Heaven? This only adds glory to God! Every soul entering Heaven is a severe slap on Satan.

Remember, it is indeed a benevolent act to pray for the poor souls, especially when they are the ones who are neglected by most Catholics and most people in the world! Praying for the poor souls is charity!

Of course, make use of this powerful Novena for the graces which strengthen your will to follow God. You may also consider praying for all patients in the world. They really need help. 'Patients' do not only refer to those physically traumatized - there are even more who are mentally or spiritually blind and handicapped!

By the way, I STRONGLY encourage you to devote your Rosary Novena in honor of Our Lady Mary Help of Christians. This is a super super super BEAUTIFUL title of the Blessed Virgin which I have decided to promote and honor for the rest of my life.
Old May 27, '13, 6:55 am

I thought id throw my story in the ring here...

About... 100+ days ago i started my first 54 Day Novena. At the start i was unsure whether id have the motivation, devotion (or whatever else you want to call it) to finish it.
But i needed help, and had belief that it would come through for me.
See at the time we were very concerned about my niece, she had traits indicative of autism (my sisters is a speech and language therapist and was very worried about her lack of development, her lack of interaction and lack of eye contact). She was about 20 months old when i started my novena, with all those worrying signs...

I said the Rosary everyday without fail (although some were after midnight) and the improvement in my niece beggers belief!
I started a second one and am due to finish in a few days time and i intend to carry on!
Just to give you an idea, my niece can now say what she wants, clearly points it out, can say yes and no, says "Mummy and Daddy", understands what you are saying. My sister, who was previously concerned now says that she has almost no worrying signs, its amazing!
My niece had a wee spell of not eating, didnt want any food at all, her mother was stressed out as she has a newborn at home too, and her husbands mother passed away, so things havent been easy in the house. So i changed my Novena request, asking for help with my nieces eating, and literally about 4 days after the halfway mark my niece started to eat everything, and hasnt stopped!!!

The power of this Novena is remarkable, i cant state that enough. And while it may be difficult at first, because of the effect it has on you personally (aside from your petition) will make you want to say it. I have never been happier and more content than i have been saying these Novenas.

I have had other intentions along side my main one, and these have yet to come through, but i firmly believe that they will, so long as they are Gods will!

Hopefully this helps!

God Bless,

Seán
Old May 30, '13, 1:07 am
Forum Master

anonymous1995- God bless you for Praying for the Most Holy Souls in Purgatory they need our help indeed.

Smcnic- Thank you and God bless you for sharing this beautiful story.

Skyhighblue34- Don't give up on Praying the Holy Rosary Novena

Our Blessed Mother Mary, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary I thank you for listening to our Prayers and I thank you for Praying with us too.
Old Jun 10, '13, 11:05 am
Prayer Warrior
Radio Club Member

Religion: Dnieper Swim Team

Maybe the links in my signature will help someone here, I hope.
Old Jun 10, '13, 8:00 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

I really want to make a rosary novena as well. It does seem overwhelming even though I already pray a rosary every day. but I'm like you and I don't know what to pray for to focus my rosary.

For my flesh is food indeed and my blood is drink indeed.
-John 6:55

"For me prayer is a surge of the heart, it is a simple look towards Heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy."
-St. Therese of Lisieux

BLOG: www.apologetics4catholics.wordpress.com
Old Jun 10, '13, 10:37 pm
Forum Master

Well, to be honest this is the first time I am Praying a 54 Day Rosary Novena I tried Praying Rosary Novena's but I got too over-whelmed and I didn't really understand or know what to Pray for.

landon13- Praying the Rosary is such a beautiful thing.

Just a suggestion you could Pray for people to come back or come to Holy Mother Church.

You could Pray for everyone in your RCIA classes.

You could Pray for our Priests.

According to the Prayer Flowers website (which I have been Praying with)

Quote:
This novena is not said in the same order as a normal rosary the Mysteries are said in the order below
http://www.prayerflowers.com/54DayNovena.htm

However, according to this Facebook page it say's it a bit differently. Hmm?

Quote:
The Rosary Novena is prayed in the same way as a single Rosary is prayed, with the exception of the intention at the beginning of the Rosary.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/54-da...36045979760084

Miserissima- God bless you for sharing your slideshows that is amazing and beautiful.

Here is another Rosary Novena website:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10930340...-Rosary-Novena
Old Jun 12, '13, 3:03 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

I think I will offer a rosary novena soon since I already pray a rosary every single day. Probably I would offer it for vocations or for spreading the message of Our Lady.

Blessings!

For my flesh is food indeed and my blood is drink indeed.
-John 6:55

"For me prayer is a surge of the heart, it is a simple look towards Heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy."
-St. Therese of Lisieux

BLOG: www.apologetics4catholics.wordpress.com
Old Jul 9, '13, 7:59 pm

Exclamation Re: 54-Day Rosary Novena

Hi everyone! I heard that you can actually speed up this novena and the wait time for your request by condensing the novena by saying 15 decades each day instead of 5. If that is the case, does that mean you say 15 decades each day for 9 days in petition and then 15 decades each day for 9 days in thanksgiving (total of 18 days)? The thing is that I really can't wait 54 days for my request. I made this novena before but instead of doing what I described above, I did 15 decades each day for 27 days in petition and 15 decades each day for 27 days in thanksgiving (54 days total). I didn't get what I asked for so I am wondering is it perhaps because I did it wrong? Should I have instead just did 9 days in petition, 9 days in thanksgiving (18 days) and then the same thing again (another 18 days) and then the same thing again (a third set of 18 days)? My situation is extremely desperate and I really only have one shot at this so I want to make sure I do it right. Somebody please give me the low down ASAP because I am freaking out!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism