Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 30, '13, 9:53 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Need prayers please

Hello everyone,

Just found out that my dear Mother-in-law is in hospital (in another Province, so can't be there), dying. She does not have long to live. My husband is very quiet, and the earliest flight is only tomorrow morning, around 6:30 a.m., and we want him to go, but he is "thinking about it". I pray he can go and see his mother before it is too late.

I humbly ask, please, for prayers for her soul - that our Lord have mercy on her and for the forgiveness of her sins. She is not a practicing Christian, but does know God/Jesus exist, and I do not judge her. I love her and want so much that she goes to heaven. I know God is merciful.

Thank you for your prayers.

CEM
Psalm 91:11--For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Old Jun 30, '13, 10:31 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic
Default Re: Need prayers please

Jesus who loves Your Mother so dearly please give consolation and strength to CEM5's husband as he faces the impending loss of his mother and the sadness of seeing her so ill.

Jesus who dearly loves each person, please flood Your merciful love and grace into this mother who will soon face her creator.

Mother Mary please intercede for this family.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Jun 30, '13, 11:26 pm
Prayer Warrior

To thee I have recourse, St. Joseph, patron of the dying, because thy blessed death was watchfully assisted by Jesus and Mary. I earnestly recommend the soul of your servant, CEM5s MIL, in the sufferings of her agony, to Jesus, Mary and you, that she may, by the protection of your Holy Family, be delivered from the snares of the devil and from eternal death, and may merit to attain everlasting joy. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Jun 30, '13, 11:58 pm

Religion: Catholic

Do you know the Chaplet of Divine Mercy? Have your husband say it at his mother's bedside. If he can't go, pray it in your home or church together on her behalf. The words of Jesus to St. Faustina:

"Encourage souls to say the Chaplet which I have given you. Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death. When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person, not as the just Judge but as the Merciful Savior".

Instruction are here: http://thedivinemercy.org/message/de...thechaplet.php
Old Jul 1, '13, 12:12 am
Prayer Warrior

I am definitely praying for healing over her, as well as the opportunity for your husband to see her again. I am praying that God Bless all of you that everything will work out great

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace, The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us Sinners, now and at the our of death. Amen

Keep your head up, Believe Miracles do happen, God Bless you
Old Jul 1, '13, 12:43 am

Thank you for your prayers. I really appreciate this.

I have been in contact via text, with one of my sisters-in-law, and found out my MIL is on life support and she will be taken off at 4 pm tomorrow. (It will be 3 pm in our Province so I will be praying then as well) I persuaded my husband to go even though it will be very difficult for him to see her like that. I wish I could go as well...our kids are very saddened.

I booked a flight for my husband, packed a lunch for him, and he will be gone for a week (will be there for the funeral as well). He leaves tomorrow morning.

I really appreciate the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy and have printed it out. I will recite the prayers after this, and give my husband a copy. He is not in to this but perhaps he may pray this for his mother at her bedside before she is taken off life support and passes from this world.

God's blessings to all of you. Many thanks.

CEM
Psalm 91:11--For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Old Jul 1, '13, 12:46 am

Religion: roman catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEM5 View Post
Hello everyone,

Just found out that my dear Mother-in-law is in hospital (in another Province, so can't be there), dying. She does not have long to live. My husband is very quiet, and the earliest flight is only tomorrow morning, around 6:30 a.m., and we want him to go, but he is "thinking about it". I pray he can go and see his mother before it is too late.

I humbly ask, please, for prayers for her soul - that our Lord have mercy on her and for the forgiveness of her sins. She is not a practicing Christian, but does know God/Jesus exist, and I do not judge her. I love her and want so much that she goes to heaven. I know God is merciful.

Thank you for your prayers.

CEM
Most dear suffering Mother .You stand at the foot of the Cross of Your crucified Son watching the One whom you gave birth to in splendid and unsurpassed joy now being tortured on a cross that men nailed Him to.He in His unimaginable and incomprehensible Mercy and Love has entrusted all of us ,the offenders ,to You!How can this be?But You ,Mother Incomparable ,accept the divine bequest.You are our Mother of Mercy,of the Poor,Refuge of Sinners,Our Advocate.Now dearest sweet Dove behold this poor unfortunate lost soul of a woman near death.I beg you in your maternal love and mercy trace the blood of Your Son on her soul and call her your own.I beg you look upon her with the same tears that flowed upon seeing Your Son and let them fall and awash her soul.Seize her soul and gently call her back to the Light that is Your Son .O Mother of Mercy ,this is our sister in Christ.Do not let her perish. ---Present her to Your Son and say to Him -You bequeathed her to me on the cross my Son,she is your sister and I love her too.That is enough for the Rod of Mercy to be extended to her .I invoke you my Queen ,be that what You Are ,Mother,Let your Flame of Love be a conflagration over the whole of humanity,and this soul and her family as well. Ave Maria,full of grace ,the Lord is with you.Blessed are you among woman and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.Holy Mary,Mother of God,pray for us sinners,spread the effect of grace of your flame of love over all humanity,now and at the hour of our death.Amen. Thanks be to God.Blessed be God.
Old Jul 1, '13, 2:47 am
Forum Elder

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Old Jul 1, '13, 3:52 am

Already have prayed for you!
www.catholicprayergroup.net
Old Jul 1, '13, 4:12 am
Prayer Warrior

Watch, O Lord, over CEM5 and their Husband and Mother in law and those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And for all your love's sake. Amen.
Old Jul 3, '13, 9:01 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

I just said a prayer for your mother in law. God bless you.
Old Jul 3, '13, 9:46 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

"Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me"

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions