Catholic FAQ


Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #1  
Old Jul 6, '13, 3:19 pm
Ben Sinner Ben Sinner is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: April 7, 2010
Posts: 539
Religion: Catholic
Default Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

SCRUPLE ALERT


I read something today that really freaked me out regarding demon-possession. I think it's some New Age site but I want to make sure if there is any truth in this....

Somehow I came across a google page that showed a link for a website for soul-cleansing.org.

I didn't click on the link because something felt fishy with it's message which said "Demons and Earthbound Spirits Silently Enter Most Human Souls"

..and then another page's link similar to this one said things like "cleansing souls of pasts lives, blockages, negative energy, and spirits,"


Is there any truth to ANY of this stuff? (most humans have spirits living in them, etc. etc.)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Jul 6, '13, 3:30 pm
Meemai Meemai is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: January 21, 2013
Posts: 316
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Sinner View Post
SCRUPLE ALERT


I read something today that really freaked me out regarding demon-possession. I think it's some New Age site but I want to make sure if there is any truth in this....

Somehow I came across a google page that showed a link for a website for soul-cleansing.org.

I didn't click on the link because something felt fishy with it's message which said "Demons and Earthbound Spirits Silently Enter Most Human Souls"

..and then another page's link similar to this one said things like "cleansing souls of pasts lives, blockages, negative energy, and spirits,"


Is there any truth to ANY of this stuff? (most humans have spirits living in them, etc. etc.)
Well the holy ghost is called ghost.... So well he might dwell inside of you.

Demon posession is really rare. So rare but lately you see a lot of wussies that want to get a excorsist to cleanse them. But someone who is really posessed does not want an excorsist he does not care anymore. He is not himself anymore. So as long as you can say you are yourself nothing to worry about.
__________________
Augen müde, Gesichter leer
Gedanken versinken hier nachts im Lichtermeer
der stetige Gegenwind, die Sicht erschwert
die Schule des Lebens ist zu, nichts erlernt
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Jul 6, '13, 4:48 pm
coachdennis coachdennis is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 31, 2012
Posts: 866
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

"Scruple alert" should be a giveaway as to the answer.

Ben, please speak to a priest about these questions and your scrupulosity. Aface to face meeting with a priest is far better than an internet website for your answers, even this one.

In the meantime limit your internet access and the temptation to search the net.

God wants you to be at peace. He does not want you to be troubled by these thoughts.

Coachdennis
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Jul 6, '13, 5:12 pm
Linusthe2nd's Avatar
Linusthe2nd Linusthe2nd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: December 22, 2011
Posts: 6,881
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Sinner View Post
SCRUPLE ALERT


I read something today that really freaked me out regarding demon-possession. I think it's some New Age site but I want to make sure if there is any truth in this....

Somehow I came across a google page that showed a link for a website for soul-cleansing.org.

I didn't click on the link because something felt fishy with it's message which said "Demons and Earthbound Spirits Silently Enter Most Human Souls"

..and then another page's link similar to this one said things like "cleansing souls of pasts lives, blockages, negative energy, and spirits,"


Is there any truth to ANY of this stuff? (most humans have spirits living in them, etc. etc.)
Haven't you heard that curiosity killed the cat? Why waste time on this sites, enough " strangeness " goes on right here at C.A.

Linus2nd
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Jul 6, '13, 8:16 pm
edwest2 edwest2 is offline
Forum Elder
 
Join Date: May 26, 2007
Posts: 20,538
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

There are demons and demonic possession occurs. This was an issue Pope Benedict addressed:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...war-Satan.html


To all reading this, be aware: whether they are called spirit guides, thought adjusters, spirit helpers or any other name, they are demons waiting for you to invite them in. These "spirit beings" are demons. Jesus performed exorcisms so it's a fact.


http://www.amazon.com/Interview-With.../dp/1932645969



Peace,
Ed
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Jul 6, '13, 10:22 pm
autumnmoon autumnmoon is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: July 5, 2013
Posts: 33
Religion: Protstant visting Catholic Church
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

Jesus is speaking:

Matthew 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest and findeth none.
Then goeth he , and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself,and they enter in and dwell there:and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Mark 1:23
a man with an unclean spirit and he cried out, saying Let us alone,what have WE to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
Jesus rebuked him saying, Hold thy peace and come out of him. An the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out.

Mark 3:11
and unclean spirits, when they saw him {Jesus} fell down before him {Jesus}and cried saying, Thou art the SON of God.

What do you think the first scripture meant?
When they returned and did not find any thing in the man {God's Spirit dwelling in him} it was an easy take over. The wicked generation being speaking of here, is people that reject God, when God looks on the inside of ones self {his Spiritual House, what does he see? A genuine evidence of change taking place, any evidence of Spiritual growth, or does he see
just going through the motions on the out side?
Why do you think the unclean brought seven other spirits even worst than the first?
I the man had kept the Spirit of God dwelling inside himself the unclean spirits no matter how many he brought with him, could have entered.

The Bible has all the answers to our questions, and I think sometimes it's just not the answer that's wanted. People don't want to wait, they don't like NO, they don't want to take the time for soul wrenching prayers, they want things that pleases themselves, the more they want the more they get until there's no room for God. The devil does not care who it is he is only concerned about the percentages because his time is almost up. Many of God's people have died bring God's word and help to a sick and dieing world filled with despair, and God's word is very much available in many ways, but people just don't want to read it, they don't have time. I encourage you to get to know God's word for yourself then pass it on. Peace in Jesus Christ
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Jul 7, '13, 2:08 pm
dandy1822 dandy1822 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 31, 2011
Posts: 57
Religion: protestant
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

this was quite common from the days of the new testament so it must be very common in
todays world judgeing from all the evil in it. i must admit that i really do believe in this, i have
seen people who could have quite easily passed for the devil who even by looking at them
look evil and do look like they contain evil spirits.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Jul 7, '13, 2:25 pm
Shin Shin is offline
Senior Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: July 28, 2005
Posts: 6,312
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

'He hath a demon within him who persists in any grave sin. And because of this the Apostle admonishes us, where he says: Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body (Rom. 8:12). For as long as sin remains in a man, for so long is he bound and captive and possessed by the devil. Such a man, blind and dumb, if he be offered to the Lord, if he be converted to penance, the Lord shall straightaway heal him; so that the evil spirit being driven out of him he may speak and see.'

St. Bruno [c.f. for more info]

'Then he goeth and taketh with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and entering in they dwell there. It is not enough for him that he possesses the house alone; he seeks companions: the place is spacious: it needs many dwellers there. But who are these seven spirits? Why also are they seven? Why are they more wicked than himself? Because seven are the gifts of the Holy Ghost, by means of which every soul is converted to faith in Christ, and defended against the contrary evils. Therefore the unclean spirit takes unto him those seven wickeder, contrary, spirits, with which he defends the house against the virtues.

Namely, opposing the spirit of stupidity to the spirit of wisdom; the spirit of revolt and unreason to the spirit of understanding; the spirit of rashness to the spirit of counsel; the spirit of inconstancy and fear to the spirit of fortitude; the spirit of ignorance to the spirit of knowledge; the spirit of impiety to the spirit of piety; the spirit of contempt and hate to the spirit of the fear of the Lord.'

St. Bruno

'Before holy baptism, grace encourages the soul towards good from the outside, while Satan lurks in its depths, trying to block all the intellect's ways of approach to the divine. But from the moment that we are reborn through baptism, the demon is outside, grace is within.

Thus, whereas before baptism error ruled the soul, after baptism truth rules it.

Nevertheless, even after baptism Satan still acts on the soul, often, indeed, to a greater degree than before. This is not because he is present in the soul together with grace; on the contrary, it is because he uses the body's humors to befog the intellect with the delight of mindless pleasures. God allows him to do this, so that a man, after passing through a trial of storm and fire, may come in the end to the full enjoyment of divine blessings. For it is written: "We went through fire and water, and Thou hast brought us out into a place where the soul is refreshed" (Ps. 66.12).'

St. Diadochos of Photiki

'And you when you were dead by your offenses and sins, wherein sometime you walked according to the prince of the power of this air, of the spirit that now worketh on the children of diffidence, in whom also we all conversed sometime in the desires of our flesh, doing the will of the flesh and of thoughts, and were by nature the children of wrath as also the rest:

But God (which is rich in mercy) for his exceeding charity wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead by sins, quickened us together in Christ, (by whose grace you are saved,) and raised us up with him, and hath made us sit with him in the celestials in Christ Jesus. That he might show in the worlds succeeding, the abundant riches of his grace, in bounty upon us in Christ Jesus.'

Ephesians 2:1-7

'Thus it was that the human race was bound in a just doom and all men were children of wrath. Of this wrath it is written: "For all our days are wasted; we are ruined in thy wrath; our years seem like a spider's web." Likewise Job spoke of this wrath: "Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble." And even the Lord Jesus said of it: "He that believes in the Son has life everlasting, but he that believes not does not have life. Instead, the wrath of God abides in him." He does not say, "It will come," but, "It now abides." Indeed every man is born into this state. Wherefore the apostle says, "For we too were by nature children of wrath even as the others."'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Although we have received the power to become the children of God (cf. John 1:12), we do not actually attain this sonship unless we strip ourselves of the passions. Let no one think that he has actually become a child of God if he has not yet acquired divine qualities.

We are sons of God or of Satan according to whether we conform to goodness or to evil.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Jul 7, '13, 10:23 pm
BluesPicker's Avatar
BluesPicker BluesPicker is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: December 1, 2007
Posts: 1,184
Religion: Catholic, Loyal to the Pope
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin View Post
'He hath a demon within him who persists in any grave sin. And because of this the Apostle admonishes us, where he says: Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body (Rom. 8:12). For as long as sin remains in a man, for so long is he bound and captive and possessed by the devil. Such a man, blind and dumb, if he be offered to the Lord, if he be converted to penance, the Lord shall straightaway heal him; so that the evil spirit being driven out of him he may speak and see.'

St. Bruno [c.f. for more info]

'Then he goeth and taketh with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and entering in they dwell there. It is not enough for him that he possesses the house alone; he seeks companions: the place is spacious: it needs many dwellers there. But who are these seven spirits? Why also are they seven? Why are they more wicked than himself? Because seven are the gifts of the Holy Ghost, by means of which every soul is converted to faith in Christ, and defended against the contrary evils. Therefore the unclean spirit takes unto him those seven wickeder, contrary, spirits, with which he defends the house against the virtues.

Namely, opposing the spirit of stupidity to the spirit of wisdom; the spirit of revolt and unreason to the spirit of understanding; the spirit of rashness to the spirit of counsel; the spirit of inconstancy and fear to the spirit of fortitude; the spirit of ignorance to the spirit of knowledge; the spirit of impiety to the spirit of piety; the spirit of contempt and hate to the spirit of the fear of the Lord.'

St. Bruno

'Before holy baptism, grace encourages the soul towards good from the outside, while Satan lurks in its depths, trying to block all the intellect's ways of approach to the divine. But from the moment that we are reborn through baptism, the demon is outside, grace is within.

Thus, whereas before baptism error ruled the soul, after baptism truth rules it.

Nevertheless, even after baptism Satan still acts on the soul, often, indeed, to a greater degree than before. This is not because he is present in the soul together with grace; on the contrary, it is because he uses the body's humors to befog the intellect with the delight of mindless pleasures. God allows him to do this, so that a man, after passing through a trial of storm and fire, may come in the end to the full enjoyment of divine blessings. For it is written: "We went through fire and water, and Thou hast brought us out into a place where the soul is refreshed" (Ps. 66.12).'

St. Diadochos of Photiki

'And you when you were dead by your offenses and sins, wherein sometime you walked according to the prince of the power of this air, of the spirit that now worketh on the children of diffidence, in whom also we all conversed sometime in the desires of our flesh, doing the will of the flesh and of thoughts, and were by nature the children of wrath as also the rest:

But God (which is rich in mercy) for his exceeding charity wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead by sins, quickened us together in Christ, (by whose grace you are saved,) and raised us up with him, and hath made us sit with him in the celestials in Christ Jesus. That he might show in the worlds succeeding, the abundant riches of his grace, in bounty upon us in Christ Jesus.'

Ephesians 2:1-7

'Thus it was that the human race was bound in a just doom and all men were children of wrath. Of this wrath it is written: "For all our days are wasted; we are ruined in thy wrath; our years seem like a spider's web." Likewise Job spoke of this wrath: "Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble." And even the Lord Jesus said of it: "He that believes in the Son has life everlasting, but he that believes not does not have life. Instead, the wrath of God abides in him." He does not say, "It will come," but, "It now abides." Indeed every man is born into this state. Wherefore the apostle says, "For we too were by nature children of wrath even as the others."'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Although we have received the power to become the children of God (cf. John 1:12), we do not actually attain this sonship unless we strip ourselves of the passions. Let no one think that he has actually become a child of God if he has not yet acquired divine qualities.

We are sons of God or of Satan according to whether we conform to goodness or to evil.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan
Amen, Hallelujah, Amen.
__________________
"Sacrifice for sinners and repeat many times, especially when you make a sacrifice: O my Jesus, this is out of love for you, for the conversion of sinners and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary!"


BluesPicker

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Jul 8, '13, 1:32 am
TheHolyTrinity's Avatar
TheHolyTrinity TheHolyTrinity is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: February 4, 2011
Posts: 817
Religion: RC
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Sinner View Post
SCRUPLE ALERT


I read something today that really freaked me out regarding demon-possession. I think it's some New Age site but I want to make sure if there is any truth in this....

Somehow I came across a google page that showed a link for a website for soul-cleansing.org.

I didn't click on the link because something felt fishy with it's message which said "Demons and Earthbound Spirits Silently Enter Most Human Souls"

..and then another page's link similar to this one said things like "cleansing souls of pasts lives, blockages, negative energy, and spirits,"


Is there any truth to ANY of this stuff? (most humans have spirits living in them, etc. etc.)
Some of the content on the website mingles different religious believes, includes Jesus in pictures and words that may seduce the non-wary.

The words that should alert a Catholic of a non-legitimate Catholic site are words such as: channelling Jesus, hypnotherapy, lowers your vibrations, invoke the violet flame, karma, cosmic power, divine soul plan, spiritual vessels. Using in sentences referencing to Jesus, Our Lady Mary, Saints and Archangels as ‘ascended masters ‘.

In fact if one was to follow such website, the likely hood of diabolical interactions may increase and draw them away from God and the Church.
__________________

It isn’t enough just to wish for change and watch others take the reigns; we all have a role to play in this spiritual battle between good and evil.

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Jul 8, '13, 4:25 pm
ready ready is offline
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: November 23, 2008
Posts: 19,608
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

I suggest that you do not go by anything you read on New Age websites. Reading such material is very harmful to your soul and very displeasing to Our Lord.

People in mortal sin give Satan a certain power over them and they can do things that they normally would not do when in a state of grace. For example, if you are very angry or hate somebody you are giving Satan a chance to enter in and make you say, do, and think terrible things that you normally would not say, do, or think. If you remain in a state of mortal sin I imagine you can even become one of Satan's instruments in his plan for the destruction of souls. Just keep in a state of grace and Satan will not have this opportunity. God bless you.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Jul 18, '13, 2:21 pm
MJCamp MJCamp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: February 11, 2013
Posts: 295
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Demons and earthbound spirits silently enter the souls of most humans???

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnmoon View Post
Jesus is speaking:

Matthew 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest and findeth none.
Then goeth he , and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself,and they enter in and dwell there:and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Mark 1:23
a man with an unclean spirit and he cried out, saying Let us alone,what have WE to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
Jesus rebuked him saying, Hold thy peace and come out of him. An the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out.

Mark 3:11
and unclean spirits, when they saw him {Jesus} fell down before him {Jesus}and cried saying, Thou art the SON of God.

What do you think the first scripture meant?
When they returned and did not find any thing in the man {God's Spirit dwelling in him} it was an easy take over. The wicked generation being speaking of here, is people that reject God, when God looks on the inside of ones self {his Spiritual House, what does he see? A genuine evidence of change taking place, any evidence of Spiritual growth, or does he see
just going through the motions on the out side?
Why do you think the unclean brought seven other spirits even worst than the first?
I the man had kept the Spirit of God dwelling inside himself the unclean spirits no matter how many he brought with him, could have entered.

The Bible has all the answers to our questions, and I think sometimes it's just not the answer that's wanted. People don't want to wait, they don't like NO, they don't want to take the time for soul wrenching prayers, they want things that pleases themselves, the more they want the more they get until there's no room for God. The devil does not care who it is he is only concerned about the percentages because his time is almost up. Many of God's people have died bring God's word and help to a sick and dieing world filled with despair, and God's word is very much available in many ways, but people just don't want to read it, they don't have time. I encourage you to get to know God's word for yourself then pass it on. Peace in Jesus Christ
Yes, we must make time for God. When we do make time, scripture comes alive. I can remember trying to read the Bible in my younger years and it was so boring and I couldn't relate. But since my conversion, so much of it makes sense and is quite alarming at times
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8547Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Eungang
5208CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4434Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: DesertSister62
4037OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: eschator83
3871SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3844Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: DesertSister62
3409Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3302Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3231Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Rifester
3155For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Paulette60



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:17 am.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.