Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 9, '13, 12:40 am

Religion: Roman Catholic
Smile How Can a Youth Live Faithfully in Today's World?

Good day to everyone,

I am 15 years old, which is rather young, but I love God. I love my faith and I am constantly seeking ways to grow and to spread the Word. I'm very active in church. I go to youth group often and attend many occasions held at my local parish. I read a devotional and my Bible everyday, as well as praying the Rosary with my mother daily. I pray often and I am committed to the teachings of the church.

The world is a very strange place to me. The world we live in believes in a lot of sexual-gratification, the rejection of faith itself, and I see more immorality than I see morality.

As a teenager, things are tempting and literally hurt my heart because they're so immoral. Do you guys have any advice to how I can live out my faith more and bring it into the world to see?

God bless you,
Lorraine
Old Jul 9, '13, 2:34 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic, latin rite
Default Re: How Can a Youth Live Faithfully in Today's World?

Hi Lorraine!

It is wonderful to see young people committed to their faith and trying to make a difference in the world. You will leave home in a few years and you will meet all sorts of people. That will allow you to live your faith openly and let others see it. Just be yourself and live your faith and show people what it means to love God. He will lead you and maybe ask you to use your talents in a specific way. It is in this way that we evangelise most effectively. I guess that for now you can just carry on doing what you're doing. God bless!
Old Jul 9, '13, 4:17 am

Religion: Catholic Revert

I wish I were like you when I was your age. At your age faith and God were so far away from me. All I tried to do back then was live and conform to the world because that's how I thought we survived it. If only I could have known then what I know now. At 15 you are probably so much farther ahead in faith than I am now in my 40's, but that is such a great thing. Keep your faith growing as you are, you are on a beautiful path and life ahead. Surround yourself with faith as much as you can. Keep doing what you are doing is my advice, your faith will grow beautifully.
Old Jul 9, '13, 7:12 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic

You are a blessed young woman and I encourage you to continue with the activities you are already participating in and leave the world behind as you do. You are right about what you see in this world but, honestly, all of us see what you see and understand your concerns and I am 62! In my youth I loved sports and participated year round which kept me out of trouble and very busy. If sports aren't for you involve yourself in activities which are worthy and keep busy in worthy activities. You must surround yourself with friends that share your values as the coming years will be difficult without support from like-minded friends. So, nurture these friendships the best you can. I will pray for you to remain strong in your faith.
Old Jul 9, '13, 9:24 am

Religion: Conservative Catholic

It is not much better in Ireland, filth creeps into the school system and wider society and a lot of the students have disgusting conversations. In our "religion" classes we are thought the "all religions are equal" heresy nonsense. All practices except chastity are accepted. Ireland is no longer old catholic Ireland. It is hard to be a young orthodox catholic in Ireland. I just turned 15 yesterday.
God bless
Old Jul 9, '13, 10:19 am

Religion: Catholic

You would have to join a monastary if you really want to have nothing to do with the immoral. To much alcohol in this world.
die Schule des Lebens ist zu, nichts erlernt
Old Jul 9, '13, 12:57 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Smile Re: How Can a Youth Live Faithfully in Today's World?

Good day,

Thank you so much, everyone. After reading the advice you've given, I feel more confident in my faith and I am really glad that you all think I am doing very well. I just wanted to say thank you so much and that I am praying for everyone, not just the youth, that they may come to see God's loving grace, mercy, and light in the world.

God bless you all!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality