Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 19, '13, 6:28 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Crucifix and Holy Water to rid demons

Visited my cousin this weekend and she told me that they think they have a demon in their house that is terrorizing her 13 year old son. I wont go into all the details that are happening in the house and he is not the only one that has seen the shadow-man in the hallway (another visitor has commented to them of it).

She has a couple of crosses in the house but i told her the crucifix is more powerful and i am sending her one to put in the hallway where the shadow is always seen. I am also sending her some holy water to sprinkle through the house. I gave her son a St. Benedict crucifix that my priest blessed and told him to wear it always and to memorize the St. Micheal prayer and every time he feels/sees/hears this thing to hold the crucifix and say the St. Micheal prayer out loud.

Anyone have any other suggestions to help?
Old Aug 19, '13, 7:45 am

Default Re: Crucifix and Holy Water to rid demons

She should contact her parish priest. Fr. Ripperger has quite a lot of information on this online.

http://www.sensustraditionis.org/multimedia.html

There are some youtube videos available with that audio as well. She needs to pray the rosary to listen to them (with Fr. Ripperger's efforts as her intention).
Old Aug 19, '13, 7:48 am
Book Club Member

They should have their parish priest come bless the house.
Old Aug 19, '13, 8:53 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Contact the diocese and ask who the exorcist is for the diocese.

Don't fool around with stuff like this. More harm than good can be done. Someone already mentioned contacting Fr. Ripperger, and I would second that.
Old Aug 19, '13, 11:01 am

She isnt Catholic, i dont know if they will help her.
thats why i am trying to help.
personnally after what she has told me i dont want to go back into her home.
i will check out the Fr Ripperger stuff and i am going to try to see my priest Wednesday about it as well.
Thanks for the help...
Old Aug 19, '13, 11:05 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee burk View Post
She isnt Catholic, i dont know if they will help her.
thats why i am trying to help.
personnally after what she has told me i dont want to go back into her home.
i will check out the Fr Ripperger stuff and i am going to try to see my priest Wednesday about it as well.
Thanks for the help...
Dee, it doesn't matter whether she is Catholic or not. They will help her.
Old Aug 19, '13, 11:20 am
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lormar View Post
Dee, it doesn't matter whether she is Catholic or not. They will help her.
Excellent point.

To take matters on our own hands, especially when it comes down to the possibility of demonic infestation, can be spiritually unhealthy.

Talk to any Catholic priest of the area about this matter, calmly and seriously.

Fr. Fortea, a priest exorcist, has the following notes on his website regarding the phenomenon of infestation of a house. I would personally follow his advice.

Quote:
We must tranquilize the inhabitants of these places, telling them that an infestation never provokes the possession of any of the persons living there.

In these cases the priest can pray once in the house and then encourage the family to join daily to pray together. They can pray the rosary, read the Bible jointly, sprinkle holy water in the rooms, join before a sacred image and pray for protection, etc. And of course to ask Saint Michael to expel that bad spirit..

In the cases of infestation, the families usually ask the priest to do everything. However, the priest must make the people understand that they themselves can do what they ask the priest to do. The united prayer of a family can perfectly break the power of the devil over that place if they persevere praying together during weeks or months. If after this period, the phenomena persist, then they should recur to the priest.

The priest should not easily believe the testimonies about the things that happen in a house, unless there are testimonies which have at least two witnesses. When a possessed person comes to see a priest, the priest can pray and verify the manifestation of the devil, but in the case of infestation, nothing happens when the priest prays in the infested place. So he has to depend completely on what he is told. As a result there is no way to reach a certainty about whether there is in fact an infestation or whether it is all the fruit of autosuggestion. The only way to acquire certainty is that different witnesses coincide concerning the extraordinary facts that have been referred.

Only in those cases in which the phenomena are very serious and the family has been praying for weeks, the priest could ask for permission from his bishop to go to the house and use the rite which appears in the Appendix II of the Rite for Exorcism

In general, almost all cases are due to autosuggestion. But by saying almost all is not the same as saying all. If not, the Church would not have included its Appendix II.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism