Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Nov 29, '13, 2:29 pm
Banned

Default Desperately Need Money

We don't have running water in our house. And we haven't for five years. I take showers at the gym, my niece takes showers at her sister's house and my dad boils water. We drink bottled water and use it to wash dishes. We need our entire plumbing replaced. I took out a small loan to buy a car when I was dating someone, but my dad had to use it to replace our car windshield. Our horses' stalls need cleaned out, and we don't have the farm equipment to properly take care of them. We feed them very well, we just can't groom them and keep their area clean. Our 12 acres need cleared because we have felled trees. We have garbage piling up. My bedroom window is missing and I cover it with a garbage bag. Our guttering is gone. Our woodwork is rotten.

My dad is on a fixed retirement income. I am only working part-time b/c that is all I can find. Our property taxes are crazy, I owe the federal government 100k for my student loans. My dad is having prostate trouble, and while I hope and pray it isn't cancer, if it is, I don't know how we can pay for treatment.

We are in desperate need of financial help. I have played the lottery a lot, but I know of course that is a far-fetched dream. Would you please pray that God work a miracle in my life so I can pay for these things? No, money is not everything. But it is needed. Very much so.

Thanks.
Old Nov 29, '13, 2:40 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Desperately Need Money

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen
Old Nov 29, '13, 3:38 pm

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with Thee
Blessed is the fruit of Thy womb Jesus

Holy Mary, mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Hope that things work out for you, your family and animals.
God bless.
Old Nov 29, '13, 3:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm640 View Post
We don't have running water in our house. And we haven't for five years. I take showers at the gym, my niece takes showers at her sister's house and my dad boils water. We drink bottled water and use it to wash dishes. We need our entire plumbing replaced. I took out a small loan to buy a car when I was dating someone, but my dad had to use it to replace our car windshield. Our horses' stalls need cleaned out, and we don't have the farm equipment to properly take care of them. We feed them very well, we just can't groom them and keep their area clean. Our 12 acres need cleared because we have felled trees. We have garbage piling up. My bedroom window is missing and I cover it with a garbage bag. Our guttering is gone. Our woodwork is rotten.

My dad is on a fixed retirement income. I am only working part-time b/c that is all I can find. Our property taxes are crazy, I owe the federal government 100k for my student loans. My dad is having prostate trouble, and while I hope and pray it isn't cancer, if it is, I don't know how we can pay for treatment.

We are in desperate need of financial help. I have played the lottery a lot, but I know of course that is a far-fetched dream. Would you please pray that God work a miracle in my life so I can pay for these things? No, money is not everything. But it is needed. Very much so.

Thanks.
Do you have Paypal?

Quote:
Let not your hearts be troubled
Old Nov 29, '13, 3:53 pm
Banned

I do have paypal, but you don't have to send me a any money if that is what you were thinking. I really appreciate that, though...really do. And I know that God works through others...I just don't want to put you or anyone out...and I am in need of a lot. But God bless you. Thank you.
Old Nov 29, '13, 3:54 pm
Banned
Prayer Warrior

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To you do we said up our sighs, mourning, and weeping, in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us, after after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
Old Nov 29, '13, 3:55 pm
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic, "and loving it."

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
Amen.

Be mindful of us, O blessed Joseph, and intercede for us with thy foster-Son by the pleading of thy prayer: do thou, in like manner, render the blessed Virgin Mary thy Spouse gracious unto us, for she is the Mother of Him, who with the Father and the Holy Ghost liveth and reigneth world without end.
Amen

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
Amen.

“Experience teaches that the man who exercises a frequent and rigid censorship over his thoughts, words and actions, is better capable of hating and avoiding evil and of cultivating earnestly what is good”
- St Pius X
Old Nov 29, '13, 4:04 pm

May God help you, your family, and your animals. It's a shame one must go into such debt to get an education. As a graduate student, I empathize!
Old Nov 29, '13, 4:16 pm
Banned

I was a graduate student too...I squandered a free ride because my OCD manifested itself. My loans are from my undergrad and living expenses in grad school. I had to go to school for 6 years instead of 4 because I flunked out (OCD again) and had to retake 2 years' worth of courses. I kept telling myself I had to get a degree because that is the only way I'd get a good job. I should have stopped then and realized that liberal arts degrees are largely worthless unless you teach it at a higher level.

It gets tiring trying to patch things together and eke out a living. I know most of us are in similar situations. But if I could just receive a little comfort, it would help. My mom died in 2008 and she instructed me to take care of dad. I'd like to, I want to, but the one thing that he needs- to stop worrying about finances- I cannot help him with. If I could take all the problems that our money pit house gave us, I would. I want to.

Thanks for offering those prayers. I often complain about things, but I have hope. I've always had hope. I want it to be realized....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByzantineHeart View Post
May God help you, your family, and your animals. It's a shame one must go into such debt to get an education. As a graduate student, I empathize!
Old Nov 29, '13, 4:20 pm

Contact your local Knights of Columbus for help with work around your property. Many councils do manual labor to assist those in need. You definitely need plumbing, and there is a chance that some of the Knights can help you.
Old Nov 29, '13, 4:51 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with Thee
Blessed is the fruit of Thy womb Jesus

Holy Mary, mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

"There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it." .— Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
Old Nov 29, '13, 5:27 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic revert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm640 View Post

Thanks.
Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Old Nov 29, '13, 6:52 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic

Praying for you and your family, Norm, for practical and loving blessings for your family and you.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Nov 29, '13, 6:54 pm

Infant Jesus of Prague, help this family in their need and help them be able to see your hand in their repair. Amen.

St. Teresa, shower them with roses of love and assistance.

St. Pio, intercede for this family and all who are in such need.

St, Jude, pray for this person and their family so their needs are met.

St Joseph, send them a carpenter or two, with some free supplies.

St. Gerard, help their farm and their home.

St Raphael, help connect these people to divine help.

St Luke, heal our souls so we may be able to see others whose needs are greater than ours and help them.

St Mary Magdalen, bring this family, and others in such need, the comfort you brought to Our Lord.

Mary, mother of Jesus, bring us all the love of Christ and the ability to reach out for our needs and to help others.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us.

Amen.,

Old Nov 29, '13, 7:43 pm
Veteran Member

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions