Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 23, '14, 9:08 am

Religion: raised catholic
Default Re: Malaysia Airlines plane 'could have landed'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Sorrows View Post
Not sure why my posts are showing up twice. Sorry.

I think the governments would like us to be focused on the ocean searches to lessen our fears that the plane is in the hands of terrorists.
There are still so many unanswered questions though.
Oh yes, if you notice the 'experts' and other govt people are not saying one word about the terrorism aspect, not even speculating!

However, if they do know something more about this, I think they at least need to tell the families, those people have the right to know.

If this does turn out to to be a terrorist related incident, it is going to be a very big blow to all those in security and related law enforcement agencies, whose job is has been since 9-11 to stop such things, and if this plane and its hi-jackers were able to slip thru the cracks, I think air travel will be MAJORLY changed after this is resolved...they will have to go back the drawing board and start over.
Old Mar 23, '14, 2:25 pm
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekle View Post
Oh yes, if you notice the 'experts' and other govt people are not saying one word about the terrorism aspect, not even speculating!

However, if they do know something more about this, I think they at least need to tell the families, those people have the right to know.

If this does turn out to to be a terrorist related incident, it is going to be a very big blow to all those in security and related law enforcement agencies, whose job is has been since 9-11 to stop such things, and if this plane and its hi-jackers were able to slip thru the cracks, I think air travel will be MAJORLY changed after this is resolved...they will have to go back the drawing board and start over.
Yes. They better learn something from this! There is one guy who has appeared on fox who still believes the plane has landed somewhere.
DO NOT BE OVERCOME BY EVIL, BUT OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD. ~~~ Romans 12:21
Old Mar 24, '14, 4:44 am

Religion: Catholic, Tiber Swim Team Class of 2005

Now it's out on Fox that the surveillance camera photos of the two Iranians who boarded the flight with stolen passports are identical from the waist down. Same bottom halves of the valises, same legs. Photoshopped, or Xerox machine error? And why did it take more than a week for a billion viewers to notice the similarity? What the is going on here?
Old Mar 24, '14, 10:59 am

Religion: Catholic - revert in 1993

It's unbelievable what people will come to believe simply based on lies! All will be forgotten in a week or two.

Mark 12:30
ĎAnd you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.'
Old Mar 24, '14, 11:28 am

Religion: Catholic, Tiber Swim Team Class of 2005

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/2...6pLid%3D457165

Malaysian PM just said that, based on analysis of satellite date, it has been confirmed that the plane crashed into the southern Indian Ocean.
Old Mar 24, '14, 8:15 pm
Forum Supporter

I would be angry if I was a family member of a passenger and they were telling me my family member was lost without definite proof or finding debris from the plane. I would not give up hope that somehow the plane was not in another location.
Old Mar 25, '14, 6:11 am

Religion: raised catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Sorrows View Post
I would be angry if I was a family member of a passenger and they were telling me my family member was lost without definite proof or finding debris from the plane. I would not give up hope that somehow the plane was not in another location.
Well, thankfully the families are not accepting this latest theory, and thats all it is, it is not definitive proof. Until they come up with some evidence, everything is still a theory.

This latest announcement sounds to me like them wanting to silence the families and get them off their backs...nice to see that is not happening though, Its going to take more than that to fool the families!
Old Mar 25, '14, 8:58 am

Why on earth would it take three weeks to determine that it crashed into the Indian Ocean? Why wasn't these radar images not presented earlier?

Commercial airliners are considered potential weapons of mass destruction and therefore all flights ought to have complete radar images, especially in a world with so much terrorism. Flights flying off course ought to have been intercepted by fighter jets.

ĎAnd you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.'
Old Mar 25, '14, 9:26 am

And society takes the new media as fact.. within a week all will be conveniently forgotten!

Old Mar 25, '14, 8:17 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic - Latin Rite

They had to crunch a lot of numbers to come up with a "where" as this hasn't been done before. They seem pretty sure they are correct, however, after all that, we now find out another partial ping came after the last known transmission. I wonder how this ping could have just shown up weeks after the fact?

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226865138407

I won't believe the plane headed south until I see the actual debris. So far they haven't found anything and I doubt they will. Is the media even talking about the huge floating landfills that plague our oceans? There is a large trash gyre just where they are looking so they will be finding lots of large pieces of debris for ages to come. For those of you unfamiliar with these trash islands, I highly recommend you google. The images will help us all to remember to bring our own bags while shopping or if not then to at least choose paper over plastic, and to try to stay away from as much disposable plastic junk as we can.

Lord help the poor souls of those on board along with their grieving family and friends.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-03-24 at 1.15.40 PM.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	19606  
Old Mar 25, '14, 10:12 pm
Forum Supporter

A device that can be lowered into the water arrived in australia today. Why it didn't arrive earlier I am not sure.
I hope they can locate the plane with this device.
If they don't locate the black boxes or find any debris from the plane I would not be satisfied that the plane did indeed crash there. I can understand the anger and frustration expressed by the families.
Old Mar 25, '14, 10:40 pm
Forum Supporter

A device that can be lowered into the water arrived in australia today. Why it didn't arrive earlier I am not sure.
I hope they can locate the plane with this device.
If they don't locate the black boxes or find any debris from the plane I would not be satisfied that the plane did indeed crash there. I can understand the anger and frustration expressed by the families.
Old Mar 26, '14, 8:34 am

Latest news is they've spotted by satellite 122 pieces of floating debris in south Indian ocean off Australia I think.

rex
Old Mar 26, '14, 9:06 am
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusRex View Post
Latest news is they've spotted by satellite 122 pieces of floating debris in south Indian ocean off Australia I think.

rex
I thought a satellite spotted 122 objects but no one has found them yet.
Old Mar 26, '14, 1:20 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic - Latin Rite

Meanwhile the first tangible clue we have washed ashore in the Maldives. It should be fairly straightforward to figure out if this is from MH370 as I think every item is marked with a serial number. I don't think it is from the plane, but I do hope we hear the results quickly.

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54178

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News