Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Liturgy and Sacraments

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 29, '04, 6:33 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Smile Are there Modern Eucharistic Miracles?

The Traditionalists Catholics say that there are no Modern Eucharistic Miracles (post Vatican 2 and Novus Ordo Mass) They say this proves the "New Mass (Novus Ordo)" is invalid. Have there been any since then? If so can I be given examples? Thanks?
Old Jul 29, '04, 7:53 pm

Default Re: Are there Modern Eucharistic Miracles?

There are some occurring in South Korea. http://www.marypages.com/NajuKorea.htm
Old Jul 31, '04, 6:48 am

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy_dave
The Traditionalists Catholics say that there are no Modern Eucharistic Miracles (post Vatican 2 and Novus Ordo Mass) They say this proves the "New Mass (Novus Ordo)" is invalid. Have there been any since then? If so can I be given examples? Thanks?
Traditionalist are quite wrong about that. In fact there is a wonderful film you can get about it called "Living Presence." This documentary explores the mystery of Christís Real Presence through reports of modern day Eucharistic miracles in the United States. Scientists, clergy, and witnesses share their testimony and inspiring stories. It covers several which happened in the 1990's. Powerful evidence that Miracles of the Eucharist do still happen and we have them here in the Good old USA. They were all Ordo Missae (N.O.) miracles btw.
Old Jul 31, '04, 1:56 pm

A Eucharistic miracle occurred at Finca Betania in Venezuela on Dec. 8, 1991, the feast day of the Immaculate Conception. The miraculous bleeding Sacred Host is reserved in the Augustinian Nun's Chapel in Los Teques, Venezuela. This Eucharistic miracle has been confirmed by the local bishop.

Eucharistic Miracles
Old Jul 31, '04, 3:51 pm

The Eucharistic Miracles are only in the Truth Church of our Lord Jesus Christ, this Church is One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic(Churches in full communion with the Holy Father).

There is no one schismatic and heretic Church who has Eucharistic Miracles (for ex: the Orthodox Church, Protestant Churches, etc).

The Eucharistic Miracles demonstrate where the Truth is, where Jesus Crist is real.
Old Aug 1, '04, 8:17 am

And in Boston, Texas, Hawaii and several more places in the 90's and to this day.
Old Aug 2, '04, 12:01 pm

Exclamation Re: Are there Modern Eucharistic Miracles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyOfTheFather
There are some occurring in South Korea. http://www.marypages.com/NajuKorea.htm
The bishop has ruled unfavorably on these apparitions. I have posted the most pertinent parts
1.1. In the so-called "Messages of Our Lady of Naju" which Julia claims to have come from Our Lady, there are several human and artificial elements involved. Because of this, there several parts which appear to be lacking in genuineness and credibility. In the first place, in the contents, there are parts like imitations, plagiarisms, and quotations from recognized books such as Father Gobbi's "To the most beloved priests of the Blessed Mother" and "The message of the Sacred Heart" published by the Catholic Publishing House, Seoul. There are also parts which appear to be purposely manipulated, omitted or inserted as the result of the influence of the people around and according to the circumstances. Examples of this are: the appearance of miraculous water, making a Sanctuary, building a Basilica. In addition, there are discrepancies between Julia's own hand-written diaries and published materials. <li> Moreover, the content that owing to Mrs. Julia Youn, the Father seems to delay the final times (cf. the content which seems to be regarded as "The Word of the Father" heard on 16th July 1995) which is already decided and thus only the Father knows ) obviously conflicts with the teaching of the Orthodox Catholic Faith. Therefore, the so-called "The messages of the Blessed Mother of Naju" are seen as the results of Mrs. Julia Youn's personal experience or meditation, and do not bear evidence that they are private revelations although Mrs. Julia Youn and her followers insist that they are authentic, private revelations.

<li>1.2. The phenomenon alleged as a miracle of the Eucharist fallen from heaven is contradictory to the doctrine of the Catholic Church that says that only through the legitimately ordained priest's consecration does the sacrament of the Eucharist begin to exist even though the priest is in grave sin, because when all the sacraments are justly celebrated in accordance with the intention of the Church (ex opere operato), Christ and His Holy Spirit operate in them. Furthermore, the alleged phenomenon, that as soon as Mrs. Julia Youn received the Eucharist it was changed into a lump of bloody flesh in her mouth is also contrary to the doctrine of the Catholic Church that says that even after the bread and wine are transubstantiated into the body and blood of Christ with the formula of priests' consecration, the species of bread and wine remain. Such phenomena do not enhance the faith of people in the Eucharist existing under the species of bread and wine. On the contrary, they seem to act as an element which causes a great confusion and embarrasses the peoples' faith in the Eucharist.

<li>1.3. Various strange phenomena which happened to Mrs. Julia Youn and in her circumference (phenomena arising from her body, and the statue of the Blessed Mother), personal vision also produce no evidence which prove that they are truly supernatural and thus from God. Perhaps, they can be said to show some preternatural power.

<li>2. I, the Archbishop of Kwangju Archdiocese, as the authentic teacher of the faith and legitimate shepherd sincerely ask all the priests, the religious and the faithful in the diocese and those who are involved in "the events arising in Naju" to receive these pastoral instructions in the spirit of obedience to the authentic teaching authority.

<li>I have asked Julia Youn not to spread her personal experiences and the so-called "The messages of the Blessed Mother of Naju" which were erroneously asserted as supernatural phenomena and private revelations. This advice is still valid and thus obedience to the teaching authority is again required.

Victorinus K. Youn
Old Aug 2, '04, 12:28 pm
Banned

Religion: the only True Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy_dave
Well even the SSPX believes the New Mass is valid. Using miracles to prove the validity of a rite of Mass is not a good standard for validity. This is also done with saints. Some schismatics say that a bishop of San Francisco has a body that hasn't decayed and is the same as the day the bishop died.So using this as a measuring stick for validity, this bishop is a saint. But as we all know that there is no salvation outside of the Catholic Church, this man can't be a saint.The devil can play tricks on you. Measure the validity of a rite through earthly means not through things that look divine but may not be.
Old Aug 2, '04, 1:19 pm

Send a message via ICQ to robertaf Send a message via AIM to robertaf Send a message via MSN to robertaf Send a message via Yahoo to robertaf

Greetings Church

I, myself experienced a Eucharistic miracle. I will post it again, here.

About 18 years ago, I was a Eucharistic Minister in a Southern California parish. One particular Sunday, I was to serve the Precious Blood.
Father was known for being a bit stingy with the amount of wine he Consecrated. He often came up short.

This particular Sundday, we had some Baptisms and had large groups of family members show up, more than expected.
Then, without anyone knowing or remembering the Knights all showed up with their families. It looked like an Easter or Christmas Mass, the Church had folks standing out on the steps outside. It was a mob scene.
At any rate, Father consecrated just a little extra wine because of the Baptism, not really enough for that.
I ended up serving out of the large pewter chalice and we had 3 other Eucharistic ministers serving the preceous blood out of 3 smaller ones.

(continued on next page)
Old Aug 2, '04, 1:19 pm

Send a message via ICQ to robertaf Send a message via AIM to robertaf Send a message via MSN to robertaf Send a message via Yahoo to robertaf

We had been distributing Communion for a while when the other three Eucharistic Ministers started running out. Each one walked over behind me and looked down into the largest chalice. I was below half when the first one ran out. Father and the Deacon had also glanced over to check. By the time the third Minister ran out, I had about half inch of Precious Blood left and looked up to see the line still clear out the doors of the church. I looked at Our Lord and said, "Jesus, there is not enough of your precious Blood to serve everybody". At that, my cup was instantly full to the brim! It was strange because the outside of the pewter fogged up to the line where it was full. I gasped and when I did, Father and the Deacon looked to see why, by now I was weeping. Father just smiled.

I continued to serve everyone in line, as they saw the full chalice it was becoming obvious what had happened. When everyone in the Church had been served, the chalice was still completely full and had to be consumed by all of the ministers, the Deacon and Father. He was a very traditional Portuguese Priest but was not in the least way surprised. He told us that miracles of the Eucharist should be expected as Jesus is certainly a Miracle Worker.

If any one in that Church had questioned the Real Presence before, I am sure they did not after this. My devotion to the Holy Eucharist is a great thing in my life.

PRAISE BE TO GOD!
Old Aug 2, '04, 5:58 pm

I have seen one. I'm not posting the details here right now for a couple of reasons, but the answer to your question is yes. I would have to look up the date but it was approximately 3 years ago.
dizzy_dave, in case I don't get back to this thread, you can contact me about it.
Old Aug 2, '04, 6:37 pm

Hmm, well, at my parish the host transforms into the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Old Aug 2, '04, 7:07 pm

CMc

That is as good as it gets. That is Heaven on Earth! The Miracle of Miracles.

PRAISE GOD!
Our God is an Awesome God!
Old Aug 2, '04, 7:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt16_18
A Eucharistic miracle occurred at Finca Betania in Venezuela on Dec. 8, 1991, the feast day of the Immaculate Conception. The miraculous bleeding Sacred Host is reserved in the Augustinian Nun's Chapel in Los Teques, Venezuela. This Eucharistic miracle has been confirmed by the local bishop.

Eucharistic Miracles
Further on November 13, 1998 Dan Sanford was on pilgrimage to this shrine using a video camera when flames started coming from this same host. This has also been approved by the Bishop. The films are free he does ask $1.25 each to cover the cost of the tape and postage if you are able. From his website.

http://dsanford.com/miraclehost.html

My dear Catholic friends please help me to evangelize this video and bring our Catholic brothers and sisters back to perpetual adoration and show them this proof that our Lord is truly in the Eucharist at every daily mass and benediction. If you would like a copy of this Miraculous Videotape, simply send me your name and address at:

Daniel Sanford
329 Cypress Ave
Woodlynne, NJ 08107

OR

E-Mail requests to me at
[email protected]
Old Aug 2, '04, 9:06 pm

Every day that I go to Mass (its Novus Ordo even) I am in the presence of an Eucharistic Miracle. To say otherwise is absurd and the people that make these claims, that you need an "Eucharistic Miracle" to prove it is a valid Rite, should really reflect on the dogmas of the Catholic Church.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Liturgy and Sacraments