View Single Post
Old Oct 28, '06, 1:36 pm
Banned

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: About “pro multis”

EDIT

I really think our new Pope is doing his best to correct the mess the Church is in, but is proceeding slowly. It reminds me of the vision of St. John Bosco, who saw the Pope "straining every muscle" to direct the Church. I think that is the situation our current Pope finds himself in.

EDIT

The pro multis mistranslation was not a small thing. In addition to not being the words our Lord used, if you read what the Catechism of Trent said those words refer to (those who will actually be saved), mistranslating them as "for all" teaches universal salvation, since, according to the meaning of those words as interpreted by the Catechism of Trent, it means that all, not just many, will be saved. John Paul II may have believed in the error of universal salvation but it is false (and yes, John Paul II not only questioned whether anyone was in hell, but also taught universal salvation by name).

And if you believe what the Council of Florence taught when it defined the words of consecration - that if anyone changed any of the words, and if the new word did not mean what the original word meant, then consecration would not take place - the implications are even more serious. Because, who will claim that many means all? And if all and many don't mean the same thing, then, according to the Council of Florence (not USMC) the New Mass is invalid, and the prophecy from the book of Daniel has come to pass:

Daniel: "And strength was given him against the continual sacrifice, because of sins: and truth shall be cast down on the ground (Daniel 8:11-12) ... they shall defile the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the continual sacrifice, and they shall place there the abomination unto desolation (Daniel 11:31).

Last edited by Marian Carroll; Oct 29, '06 at 6:21 pm. Reason: MATL OFF TOPIC OF PRO MULTI EXCISED