Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Popular Media

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 3, '14, 2:09 am
Banned

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket2 View Post
Here is my take: I do believe there are people who can act as mediums and that are psychic. I have no choice as my paternal grandmother was psychic, as is my father, my sister and even myself on occasion.

Now this does not mean I go around telling people their future. This is wrong. I mean I can dream about a plane crashing and then it will happen a month later, or my grandmother often dreamed about someone dying, how they would die, where and when--and this would happen. My father does the same thing.

I don't think these events are sinful in nature. I think the sin comes in when we misuse this ability to confuse others, or to take on an attitude of power and ability we don't have. (Fortune tellers.) Perhaps Caputo's priest is making a pastoral decision that amounts to believing she means no harm, and that she does have some sort of spiritual gift.

What about Cure' d'Ares or Padre Pio knowing peoples sins even before they confessed? What about bi-location in Padre Pio's case? Levitation? (Often thought to be magic or of the dark arts.) How do we explain all of this, or can we?

I am not too worried about Theresa Caputo.
I agree. I've been told things by psychics that they'd have no way of knowing. I don't structure my life around running to one every time there is a decision to be made. I think some people have gifts and if they're used for good then there isn't a problem.

I also relate the gift with that of Simon, the elderly man who met the Holy Family at the temple and the widowed lady who did the same. Both told things to Mary and Joseph about Jesus and the future. I'd say Simon was psychic. And he didn't hesitate telling Mary that a sword would pierce her heart. I would not have wanted to have heard that.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Popular Media