Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Apr 6, '06, 11:16 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: TAC >>> Maronite Catholic
Default Re: The Faithfully Departed: Memories & Prayers

This is the song the Band Servant wrote for the Grieving parents of Seth Palosaari - And, This is how they had it on their Album insert:

SUDDEN DEATH
Lyrics – Susan Palosaari, Sandie Brock, Owen Brock, David Holmes, and Jeff Rosas
Music – Matt Spransy, Bruce Wright, Doug Pinnick

June 23, 1981, on just an ordinary summer morning while driving to the dump, a fiery head-on collision abruptly extinguished the lives of three members of our community. We remember and see our three, who continuously celebrate, now and throughout eternity, in the presence of the Lord.

7 A. M. Breakfast again, This day will be an adventure
Sneakers and shorts and my dog’s on the porch, I’m gonna ride in the center
I asked Fred, I asked John, they said, “Go ask your mom”
“Mom! Can I go to the dump with the guys?”
“No, well who’s gonna be taking care of you?”
“John’s driving, oh, and Fred.”
“Fred, will you watch Seth very carefully?”
“Don’t you worry! I wouldn’t ever let anything happen to him!”
“Bye, mom”

A mid-morning drive feeling really alive, this road could go on forever
We’ll round every bend and soon find the end, there’s a bridge across every river
We’re goin’ home, goin’ home

No! No, oh my God No!!!! Tell me it’s not so, tell me it’s not true
I can’t see, I’ve been blinded…. Why’s the sun still shining?
I had love, then You killed him!! Did You want it? Did You will it?
How dare You! How dare You! After all I’ve given You!

Do I have faith or do I have nothing? Tell me all that I’ve learned is right
I need Your strength, I need Your comfort, help me to know that they’re home. Tonight..
Nevermore. The ravens cry within my brain. The secret places. All. Have pain
You’re never coming home again. This blazing noon, camera’s shutter frozen open
Oh, sorrow’s hand. Release the sun and let the day come to an end… The longest day to be alive

Shall death pass by
Or grievance spare our common cup
The servant’s share
Night’s dirge, and morning’s dance
Slowly heal remembrance

In the eyes of a child who wonders
Child of age or child of heart
On the way to a better kingdom
We can only see the start
In the shadows see us dancing
Hear our voices in the wind
There’s a bridge over every river
Now we’ve crossed the one to Him
Praise the Lord we can live forever
Oh death where is thy sting?
Those that sleep will be resurrected
We’ll crown Him King of kings

http://danroth.org/node/85?PHPSESSID...05123b83fedc28

We will crown him King of Kings, and we will see those we haven't seen for a long time, and I will see a lot of the people whose names I've posted on another forum.

May all those who have died in Christ our Lord, through the mercy and love of God, rest in peace.

The LORD bless you and keep you!
The LORD let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you!
The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace!
Numbers 6:24-26

In Christ, Michael
"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it... Ezekiel 22:30 NIV
Old Apr 9, '06, 4:06 am
Forum Master
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Methodist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin1961
Today we remember Andrew LaFrance, age 2, who met Our Lord on this day, March 26, 2006.

Through the souls of the faithfully departer, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
I'll Lend You a Child (by Edgar Guest)

I'll lend you for a little while a child of mine", God said.
"For you to love the while he lives and mourn for when he's gone.
It may be one or seven years- or twenty-two or three.
But will you, till I call him back, take care of him for me?
He'll bring his charms to gladden you and should his stay be brief.
You'll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught down there I want this child to learn.
I've looked the wide world over in my search for teachers true
and from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you.
Now will you give him all your love and not think the labor vain.
Nor hate me as I come to call to take him back again?
I fancied that I heard you say, "Dear God, Thy will be done.
For all the joy this child shall bring. The risk of grief I'll run.
I'll shelter him with tenderness. I'll love him while I may.
And for the happiness I've known. Forever grateful stay.
But should the angels call for him much sooner than I'd planned.
I'll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand."

And now our own dear Bro, too, has crossed over the river, where he rests under the shade of the trees...
Old Apr 9, '06, 6:02 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Bless you and your family and your beautiful little boy Andrew. May God give you the strength you need to go on and the peace of knowing that your little one is safe in His arms.

Old Apr 10, '06, 11:01 am
Forum Supporter

Religion: Catholic

Dear Scott,

I just learned of your loss, and I offer my deepest sympathy. As the father of a young son of my own, I can only imagine what you are going through. I will keep you and your family in my prayers this Holy Week.

God Bless,
Robert
Live as free men, yet without using your freedom as a pretext for evil; but live as servants of God. (1 Pet 2:16)

And all the people went up after him, playing on pipes, and rejoicing.... (1 Kgs 1:40)
Old Sep 11, '06, 9:57 pm

God bless all of you, I have just read the entire thread and am moved to tears. May the Lord hold you who greive and those who you greive for in his hands.

May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
Old Sep 22, '06, 11:42 pm
Forum Master
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Methodist

My Grandmother
116 years ago today, September 23, 1890, Elizabeth Vandeputte was born in the little village of Union Hill, NY. She was the 5th child of Dutch immigrants who had come to America because of the depression in the Low Countries at that time in history.
Her parents, Abraham Vandeputte & Elizabeth Nevelizier Vandeputte, had lost 2 infant sons all ready. They had 2 older children, Jennie & Jacob, & would later have another son, William.
Elizabeth's greatest dream was to be a teacher, but because of extreme poverty, she had to drop out of school before her 8th grade graduation, & get a job to support herself, & help the family after her father's health failed to what was then called "miner's consumption"--Black Lung Disease.
In 1912, she married Mark French, whom she had met at the store where she worked. Their only child was born the next year. Then Granpa Mark was stricken in the great Spanish Flu epidemic at the end of WW1. He was never able to work a regular job again, & "Frenchie" went to work again....
The one thing that never failed in all their lives was their Christian faith. Through good times & bad, Christ remained at the center of their lives. For over 30 years, they were happy together, until Granpa Mark developed pneumonia in 1943. Within a few weeks, my grandmother was a widow.
Some years before, they had taken in a foster child, who was my birth mother, ; their daughter was living at home--teaching as her mother had never been able to!!
My parents were killed in a car crash in 1949, & I came home from the hospital to what had been my "2nd home", with my grandmother, & her grown daughter. At 59, "Frenchie" was a mom again, to a 3 year old...me!!

I am 59 myself now. I think of what it meant for her, to suddenly be thrust into childrearing. She was wise & funny, & the best cook on earth. Mama would go to work everyday, & she kept house, here, in this house where I live....She is everywhere here; her aprons still hang on a hook in the kitchen where she kept them. I raise my head from the keyboard & see her picture of Jesus as the Good Shepherd. There are wooden shoes hung over the kitchen door.
But what was her greatest legacy? Faith. She had a faith & a hope that never wavered. People all over would call & ask her to pray, & she would stop in the middle of the day, & "pray Heaven & earth together". As a young wife, their neighbors were a young Catholic couple, & my Methodist grandmother & Teresa became the best of friends: most thought they were both "too religious", & they bonded together, praying together, day upon day....
She was a tiny woman--5 feet even, but she was mighty--mighty in her love of God, & in her simple obedience to Him....In her 70s she lost her sight to cataracts, & when surgery restored her, she decided that it was time to read the Bible from cover to cover. She did so every year until she died,at the age of 93.
116 years. The world has seen changes in that time. But she would want me to tell you, there is One Who never changes. She had seen Him proven true time & again, all her life....

I only wish I could somehow produce a loaf of her homemade bread & share it with you all; sit down over coffee, & remember together, just as I remember the stories she told me, drinking hot milky coffee at the kitchen table so many evenings & mornings, so long ago.

God bless all here.

And now our own dear Bro, too, has crossed over the river, where he rests under the shade of the trees...
Old Oct 18, '06, 7:37 pm

Please pray for a Protestant friend Kim Tan suddenly passed away on 10/14 due to heart failure. Since Protestant does not believe to pray for the deseased person, only a Catholic friend will think of praying for his reposed soul. Thank you for your prayer.
God bless!
Old Oct 20, '06, 8:22 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Today would have been the 70th birthday of my dear husband...
I'll never forget you my darling...
Old Oct 22, '06, 3:15 am
Forum Master

Religion: Catholic in the Byzantine RIte of the Ruthenian tradition

Caroline Golide Gall
October 22,1921-November 13, 1994
In Eternal Memory!

revejj2000 and Edwin1961

Mom, We Miss You and Pray for us in union with Our Lord!

Mom loved Pineapple Upside Down cake and coconut macaroons.

Today, this post is in memory of my mother whose birthday was today. PLUS this thread is one year old, since it was started with the memory of my mother.
Old Oct 31, '06, 6:45 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Next month (November) will be one year since my favorite aunt (Gail) died of cancer (Nov. 17th). Ironically, she led a Cancer Support Group based in several churches (and a synagouge). Her birthday was about a month before she died - I had bought a cake for her birthday at a bake sale at work (for the victims of Katrina) - quite a yummy cake, too. Also, my grandmother died a few months ago.

Eternal rest grant unto them O, Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon them...
May their soul and the souls of all the faithful departed (especially Gail and Elizabeth),
Through the Mercy of God, rest in peace,
Amen

O Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as Font of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
Tiber Swim Team '07-'08
Old Nov 4, '06, 3:21 pm
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

For my mother Margaret, who died 10 years ago today. Today is the anniversary also of my baptism.
Old Nov 9, '06, 7:35 pm

Religion: catholic

In Memory of my dear daughter, Theresa Little Flower, and my son, Joseph Marie.

I became pregnant with my fourth child with unusual ease. My family and I were excited to have another baby in our lives. My children had prayed for three years that their Father would agree to one more child. On my eleventh anniversary my husband agreed that we could have one more child. One month later I was pregnant.

We waited until Christmas Day to tell our children that they would have a baby soon. What a perfect gift! We all just couldn't look at the ultrasound picture often enough.

My son had hoped for a baby brother but took it well when he found out he would be having his third sister. He thought maybe he could paint one wall of his room pink and she could stay in his room for awhile.

She was due on July 7th, but in May I noticed that she had quite moving. I went to urgent care to easy my worries. I just wanted them to find her heart beat. There was none.

I was sent home to make arrangements to deliver my daughter at 31 weeks. I began labor and was admitted into the hospital. I spent one night offering my labor and sorrows to Jesus. Theresa Little Flower came into this world, without even a breath, on Mother's Day. She became my Gift to my Heavenly Mother. Upon leaving the hospital, I recieved two dozen roses. We buried her between her Grandparents.

As we morned the life of little Theresa, I became pregnant again. Once again our prayers went up to heaven. We prayed that this child would be for keeps. What joy!

I went into the Doctor's for a regular checkup. Once again there was no heartbeat. This baby was 14 weeks. I went home and this Monday delivered my son, Joseph Marie. His little body fit in the palm of my hand.

I unite sorrows with my Heavenly Mother. I have two Saints interceding for my family. I pray Jesus holds my hand to his cross because I am to weak to keep them there on my own.
Old Nov 13, '06, 3:15 am
Forum Master

Religion: Catholic in the Byzantine RIte of the Ruthenian tradition

October 22, 1921, 2:08 AM - November 13, 1994, 6:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin1961 View Post

Caroline Golide Gall
October 22,1921-November 13, 1994
In Eternal Memory!

revejj2000 and Edwin1961

Mom, We Miss You and Pray for us in union with Our Lord!

Mom loved Pineapple Upside Down cake and coconut macaroons.

Today, this post is in memory of my mother whose birthday was today. PLUS this thread is one year old, since it was started with the memory of my mother.
Twelve years ago today, my mother died on this date. I remember the story that my father went into my mother's room (@ 6:15 AM) and she breathing machine was still on but she had stopped breathing. My mother came home 8 days eariler and died from lung cancer.
Old Nov 16, '06, 12:24 pm

Please pray for Nicole who died in an accident this past week.
Old Nov 16, '06, 5:27 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Tomorrow will be 1 year since my favorite aunt died. Please pray for her.

I'm in the middle of a Novena for her and my grandmother, who also died a few months ago.

O Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as Font of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
Tiber Swim Team '07-'08
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions