Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Philosophy

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 10, '15, 3:18 am

Religion: İslam
Default Re: If God became man....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhansen View Post
That's not even close to the truth; Constantine favored Arianism. But the bishops listened to the Holy Spirit. And the emperor did not interfere.
Sorry the sentence should be like that: After Nicaea Council which was supported by Constantine I the doctrine of Trinity was imposed and dictated. Because the Church excommunicated the opposers.
Old Aug 10, '15, 3:34 am

Quote:
=adrift;13186994]

I don't accept the Qur'an as being inspired. (in #246)

Forum rules state that you should not insult our faith not only is this an insult it is untrue. (in #251)

You are being insulting to misrepresent our beliefs. (in #255)

I don't insult your beliefs. I accept most of you and try to illustrate the wrong parts with comments and evidences. But you insult me by rejecting me totaly. To say that Muhammad is not prophet or Qur'an is not revelation from God is the biggest insulting. And you do and repeat that without any evidence. A little fairness please!
Old Aug 10, '15, 6:58 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasantas View Post
I don't insult your beliefs. I accept most of you and try to illustrate the wrong parts with comments and evidences. But you insult me by rejecting me totaly. To say that Muhammad is not prophet or Qur'an is not revelation from God is the biggest insulting. And you do and repeat that without any evidence. A little fairness please!
Really? You do not provide proof of anything and when you are shown you are wrong do you admit it? No you post the most ridiculous things. For instance, the son of the Blessed refers to Mary because Jesus had no father. When it is pointed out to you that they believed Joseph was Jesus' father what do you do? Repeat the same nonsense as if it had not been pointed out to you that it was nonsense.
What evidence is there that Muhammad was a prophet? None. Nor is there any evidence that God reveled anything to him. You consider that insulting yet when you post that we worship more than one God that is not insulting and you talk about fairness? It is an insult to reject you but it is perfectly alright for you to reject what I tell you? You consider yourself fair?
You make claims that Jesus did not say He is God and yet when we show you that is not true you continue to make the claim over and over again without acknowledging that we have told you different. You have no evidence to the contrary. What you have answered has been refuted. Yet you do not acknowledge that and you write that YOU have been insulted because I don't accept your belief not that I have disparage your belief as you have ours. No it is not a disparage of your belief to say I don't believe in it. Shame on you! You use words as "imposed and dictated" this is not presenting facts but a conclusion a mere opinion of what you say happened. If you weren't insulting you would have correctly stated just the facts without your warped conclusion and opinion. What you fail to acknowledge and therefore adds to the insult is that it was Christian belief from the beginning of the Trinity. You state it wasn't without proof, and ignored the proof of the Trinity in Scripture.
Old Aug 11, '15, 3:00 am

Quote:
=adrift;13187561]Really? You do not provide proof of anything and when you are shown you are wrong do you admit it? No you post the most ridiculous things. For instance, the son of the Blessed refers to Mary because Jesus had no father. When it is pointed out to you that they believed Joseph was Jesus' father what do you do? Repeat the same nonsense as if it had not been pointed out to you that it was nonsense.
I think it is because of poor English. Yes they might thought that Jesus's father was Joseph and they did not think that Mary was blessed and pure. So they accused Jesus to be Son of Blessed One. They did not admit that Jesus's birn was through a miracle without a father. So they accused Jesus to claim such thing. Now which is more close to fact? Jesus did not say that He was an incarnated god but the son of blessed one. Because some people shamed His mother to commit such thing when Jesus was born. They did not think that the birth of Jesus was through a miracle. And there have been allways doubts on birth of Jesus for unbelievers. Otherwise there was no a claim by Jesus to be incarnated through a woman.

And I consider your comments and evidences very carefully. But you have not certain evidences. You say just such things: Jesus said your sins are forgiven to someone. So Jesus must be God because only God could forgive sins. But Jesus did not say directly I forgave sins! And Jesus said that Father had given all authority and power to Him. So that claim is very weak to consider.

Or you say Paul(?) said O My God or My Lord. As I know Christians or beleivers use that words very usually. For instance when someone see an amazing case so he say O My God! Paul was amazed to see Jesus so he said that words.

Or Jesus said I AM and I AM is one of name for God. I AM should be one of name for God because in Qur'an Allah named Himself in that way.

11-And when he came to it, he was called, "O Moses,

12-Indeed, I am your Lord, so remove your sandals. Indeed, you are in the sacred valley of Tuwa.

But everybody could himself I am. So that is not a certain evidence.

etc.
Old Aug 11, '15, 6:26 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasantas View Post
I think it is because of poor English.
I understand that. I admire you for trying to communicate. Perhaps a lot is misunderstanding. English is not an easy language.

Quote:
Yes they might thought that Jesus's father was Joseph and they did not think that Mary was blessed and pure. So they accused Jesus to be Son of Blessed One. They did not admit that Jesus's birn was through a miracle without a father. So they accused Jesus to claim such thing. Now which is more close to fact? Jesus did not say that He was an incarnated god but the son of blessed one. Because some people shamed His mother to commit such thing when Jesus was born. They did not think that the birth of Jesus was through a miracle. And there have been allways doubts on birth of Jesus for unbelievers. Otherwise there was no a claim by Jesus to be incarnated through a woman.
This is really a strained interpretation of the Scriptures especially when you compare all of the Gospels. It is clear that they were not referring to Jesus' mother when they asked if He was the Son of the Blessed One. In the other Gospels it is stated "I order you to tell us under oath before the living God whether you are the Messiah, the Son of God." So your explanation that it was about Mary is unfounded.

Quote:
And I consider your comments and evidences very carefully. But you have not certain evidences. You say just such things: Jesus said your sins are forgiven to someone. So Jesus must be God because only God could forgive sins. But Jesus did not say directly I forgave sins! And Jesus said that Father had given all authority and power to Him. So that claim is very weak to consider.
If He was not forgiving sins, the reaction wouldn't have been to stone Him. Not only did He forgive sins He gave the power to forgive sins to His apostles. Who but God could tell someone else that they could forgive sins?

Quote:
Or you say Paul(?) said O My God or My Lord. As I know Christians or beleivers use that words very usually. For instance when someone see an amazing case so he say O My God! Paul was amazed to see Jesus so he said that words.
It was Thomas. No Jew would ever use God as just as expletive as you suggest here. It would be an anachronism to say that they did. When Thomas said My Lord and My God it couldn't be anything other than the acknowledgement that what Jesus told them, that He is God, was true.

Quote:
Or Jesus said I AM and I AM is one of name for God. I AM should be one of name for God because in Qur'an Allah named Himself in that way.

But everybody could himself I am. So that is not a certain evidence.

Quote:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

Jesus said before Abraham was born He was God.

Your argument is that everybody uses I am but not like this sentence. You wouldn't say before something I am.
Again the reaction of the crowd was to stone Him because they understood that He said He is God.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Philosophy